“1-2 star rate...”
Review of Le Pera

Le Pera
Ranked #1,062 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Horrible service, old, dirty hotel rooms, rude people, breakfast ordinary and overpriced. Room service only when they want to do it even it it's during "room service hours". Smelly and dark hallways. The bathrooms were falling apart. Disgusting looking carpet. Reception desk staff is extremely rude. The wifi worked only during odd hours. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!

The ONLY positive comment is that it is centraly located if you want to go shopping to gallerie de la fayette or printemps.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank genie c
chmait, Directeur général at Le Pera, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Bonjour,
I thank you for your comments, this will help us to improve our service.
however, after a call from your agency I did contact you personally to check if everything was going well and you told me that everything was fine. I would have preferred that you told me your grievance in order to arrange everything and make your stay enjoyable. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again and make you forget the bad adventure.
Sincerely yours,

Hadi Chmait,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I wish the city tax was up front rather then at check out as I was about to leave France and had to then break 50 euro just to pay 1.80 euro. Also: I don't understand the100 euro deposit for the mini bar. If something is taken from the mini bar it should be taken off the credit card the room was bookedwith. I was left with little money because of the deposit but over all good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Honess1348
Reviewed 16 July 2014

For the price (Paris is normally not good value for money, especially in peak season) this was a good find. We were able to find a special rate via otel.com, with breakfast included. Well located, between Opera and Madeleine, close to Printemps and Saint-Lazare, as well as Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, making it possible to walk nearly everywhere and close to Madeleine Metro as well. Can walk to Le Louvre easily and even to the Left Bank. Not a particularly large hotel and not much charm but the rooms were very modern, clean and larger than most Paris hotels in this price category. Rooms not facing the street are quiet. Breakfast was quite good if not exceptional and has been commented elsewhere there are no kettles in the room but you can ask and get one. The hotel should provide tea/coffee making facilities. In the same street there are quite a few restaurants and bars, although none that looked impressive. Better to go a little further. A supermarket is a few doors away if needed. Service was good and staff try to help with directions or other questions. Having tried many different hotels at different categories in Paris for a short trip or long weekend this is ideal and we would likely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank blues43
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I enjoy staying here because of the location. A short walk to the Opera and Madeline area.
So close to the ReR and underground station.
The room was a good size and the beds were comfortable.
I only wish they had a kettle in room for me to make a cup of tea before I go to bed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wongviolet
Reviewed 4 June 2014

After selecting this hotel via web photos and travel agent assistance for a four star hotel I was extremely disappointed with the hotel. It is quite shabby and cleanliness was an issue. Smoke detectors were not prevalent. A late checkout was requested at time of booking, but not granted on arrival. Staff very friendly. The location was good and quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Liz M
chmait, Directeur général at Le Pera, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Liz. M,

First of all, thank you for having chosen the Hotel Le Péra for your Parisian stay, and for taking the time to share your impressions regarding your recent stay.

We are happy to hear that you appreciated the hotel location. Your words concerning our staff are much appreciated!

We sincerely regret that you were disappointed by your room.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences. Be sure that all your remarks have been considered by our Management team. We assure that all our staff is dedicated to offer the best service for a unique experience in our hotel.

We stay at your entire disposal, and sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Hotel Le Péra.

Best Regards,

H. Chmait

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Good:
1. location
Bad:
1. beds - too soft
2. ventilation-very poor. We had a room, which is facing the street (not a busy one). even if you manage to open the first window, you still not get fresh air-there is a second window, which is not possible to open. Air con is not helping either to keep the air fresh
3. The photos on the website were probably taken at least 5 years ago, not all shabby. the ceiling in bathroom requires refurbishment/painting
4. Hotel stuff is unprofessional
5. at check out we were asked to pay for minibar (about 60 euros) for the drinks and food we never consumed. Thanks to the fact that i was looking for a bottle of still water on the date of arrival and managed to get it from the reception only, i at least had some evidence that minibar was empty at the time of our arrival. Took me about 20 minutes to prove it.
6. Hotel was booked via Expedia (c. 700 pounds for 3 nights for 2 adults and 1 kid). Expedia confirmation clearly said - 3 single beds. At check out the hotel staff was insisting on paying extra 180 euros for extra bed, arguing that it is extra which i should pay. I refused and was about to call a police. Nice attempt for reap off. For nearly 900 pounds you can get 5 star hotel for 3 days and 3 person.
7. Overpriced breakfast (25 Euro pp). Just cross the road and go to Le Moulin - we spent 45 Euros for 3 of us or you can choose set breakfast for 10 Euro pp
Overall - avoid this hotel, there are plenty of better hotels around

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Evgeny G

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comment on Trip advisor regarding your recent stay at the Hotel Le Péra.

I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short on our goals.

Concerning the website Expedia I just wanted to warn you for your next reservations, if you go thru them again, that all the supplementary services as breakfast, parking, extra bed…are stipulated with the rates at the bottom of their web page.

I would like to extend my most sincere apologies.

Best Regards,

H. Chmait

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is very well located between the Madeleine and the Opera.
The rooms are nice and large for Europe. We stayed in an superior room. The problem was the small details. No coffee machine in the room, light bulbs were not working, curtains were detached and no hand towels in the bathroom, only bath towels.
I believe that a 4 star hotel should be a bit more concerned about details.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends