Crowne Plaza Paris Republique
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$206
US$224
US$202
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$542
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
2,756 results
All reviewsclub roommetro stationtwo double bedspriority clubholiday inninner courtyardhotel restaurantfamily roomquiet roomlots of restaurantsnotre damearound the cornerlocation is excellentmain attractionscroissantsconciergeihg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Quite a task to get to the hotel from the CDG airport but leaving that aside this is a very nice hotel. Staff at the reception are very helpful. I had booked this hotel via expedia and they had botched my travel dates with the hotel (quite unusual eh!). The staff we very accommodating and changed the dates at the same rate. The property is well maintained and the restaurants are very nice. However, the hotel enjoys an excellent location and there are countless eating places around.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Customer S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Paris Republique, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Sourav P,

Thank you for your kind review and we are really happy that you enjoyed our property and our location.
We are also glad that you mention that you found our staff helpful and accommodating. We will make sure to pass on to them your kind words of praise.

We hope that you will rejoin us back soon on your next visit to Paris.

Best regards

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We arrived in Paris not really sure what to expect, this hotel was Huge, close by to restaurants, shops , coffee shops and lots of patisseries , the metro was 100 metres away ,lots of places close by to walk to as well .Hotel was very roomy, we had 2 adults and 2 older teenagers in the same room ,plenty of room and a balcony too.
Would stay here again

Room Tip: All the rooms seem nice
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pinky66pink
Customer S, Customer Service at Crowne Plaza Paris Republique, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear pinky66pink,

We are happy that you spend an excellent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Paris République ! Your comments are very important to us, as they assist us to keep focus on customer satisfaction and fulfillment of our hotel standards.

We are flattered to read that you found our hotel Crowne plaza Paris Republique " huge" , “very roomy” and next to the metro station.
We also, thank you for giving information to others about the excellent shopping area around the hotel.

The entire team can’t wait to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact our reservations team and let us know in advance, if there is anything we can assist you with.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel on a Bank Holiday weekend. The receptionists were super helpful and very patient as I insisted I practise my French. We got a beautiful, spacious and an impeccably clean room on the 4th floor. There was a kettle with good quality tea and even Cadbury's hot chocolate and biscuits. Quiet night's sleep and excellent cocierge service. We were given maps and all our questions were answered. The hotel is close to nice alfresco cafes and the metro. Meets travellers' needs and personally I will stay there again. One thing to mention, my friend asked for a pair of slippers and they were a little late sending it, however when they did in the end, we actually had two deliveries, that is got FOUR pairs of slippers, which of course haven't used...but it was a nice gesture...

Room Tip: Our room had a view of the inner courtyard and I think that's quieter and more private, however, that was not in any way negative, as their high ceiling and long French windows allowed plenty of sunshine and blue skies..
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DinaDouha D

Dear DinaDouha D,

Words cannot describe how thankful we are for your beautiful comments!

Meeting and exceeding our guest satisfaction is our main focus at the Crowne Plaza Paris République and it is rewarding to learn that we have achieved on this occasion…even if for your slippers: we were a little late sending it.
Every day our staff works really hard at trying to accommodate all the needs of our clients’ and to exceed all our guests’ expectations.

We thank you very much for choosing the Crowne Plaza Paris République again for your next stay; for pointing out “our beautiful, spacious and an impeccably clean room” and the excellent service of our concierge and front desk team in your review.

Thank you for your support and we are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in Paris.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is my third time staying at Crowne Plaza, the previous two times were when the hotel was a Holiday Inn. For me, this hotel had everything I was looking for: price, room size, location, comfort and convenience. It is a real value for the money, especially since it is nearly impossible to find a hotel in Paris that can accommodate 4 adults comfortably (making our trip affordable). The rooms were large by European standards, and the beds (linens and mattress) were very comfortable. Everything in our room was in working order and very clean. My only complaint was the rooms could use more drawer space. Our room was surprisingly quiet, considering I am very light sleeper- I never heard neighbors or hallway noise! I had to get used to the commode being in a separate room from the sink and shower, but this actually made getting ready in the mornings easier. The bathroom details: big fluffy towels, deep tub with handheld shower head, standard amenities (shower gel, lotion, soap, shampoo & conditioner) and a window that opened.

Nice touches to the room included: reading lights at the beds, complimentary snacks refreshed daily (chocolate candy, crackers, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, and a water bottle). There was a safe in the room, large enough to hold laptops and the like. There was also a complimentary pillow spray and aromatherapy combo that was such a nice touch. It really helped me sleep at night. I loved it so much I made sure to snag an extra one from a sweet, sympathetic hotel employee before we left (and I already ordered another through Amazon.com).

Our package included breakfast, and although it wasn’t very fancy, it very nice and a great way to start the day. It included the standard fare of pastries, breads, fruit, yogurt, and an omelette station with pancakes, hot meats, etc. There was also a hot beverage machine that made killer cappuccinos, espressos, lattes and other goodies. If you do have a deal that includes breakfast (which I recommend), make sure you bring all documentation with you. My reservation did not show that breakfast included, but luckily I was able to prove it, because the hotel was going to charge me and have me dispute charges later (no thank you!).

The location can’t be beat! The hotel is only steps away from the Metro, with 5 lines (#3, 5, 8, 9 and 11) at your disposable, making almost any Paris attraction easy to get to (getting to and from the CDG airport required only one train change at Gare de Nord). Keep in mind the hotel in not close to the major monuments (but either way, no hotel is close to them all). However, that was a bonus for me, since I didn’t come to Paris to be around other tourists (and those preying on tourists, making the area very safe, even at night). The Republique neighborhood is lively (even at night) and full of shops, stores, restaurants- everything you need is right here. The Square itself is gorgeous. Local grocery stores sell the basics (like snacks and bottled water, for cheap). I hate to admit it, but there is a McDonald's across the square, great for grabbing a quick, cheap snack or dessert, all while getting free Wi-Fi (all a bonus when travelling with kids).

One complaint about the hotel is the internet policy. I was quoted a rate of 2€ per hour or 12€ per day. What???? Even for IHG Rewards members? If needed, there are two computers in the business office near the lobby for staying connected and checking in to flights. We did visit McDonalds for the Wi-Fi.

I highly recommend this hotel, especially for families. It is a solid performer that will continue to serve as my home base for (hopefully many) future trips to Paris.

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room, I recommend a room facing the interior.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank GetteSetterNYC

Dear BagsPackedinNY,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest at our hotel and many thanks for your wonderful comments with lots of details!
The entire team is proud that your stay was a success! Your comments are extremely valuable to us and they motivate us to continue to improve our services and to create lifetime memories.

For the Wi-fi, we propose a variety of different rates starting from 2 € onwards in order to better meet all of our clients’ needs and quality satisfaction. For your next reservation, please note you can book a room where Wi-Fi is included in the room rate.
Needless to say, your expert eye is a great indicator of our achievement, and your satisfaction is our best reward.
Again, thank you for your preference and loyalty towards the Crowne Plaza Paris République and for your recommendations for our future clients.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I chose this hotel quite deliberately having stayed here and enjoyed a very positive experience two years ago. In 2012, I presented my Priority Club membership on arrival and received a room upgrade, drink voucher and a benefits list including newspapers and late checkout. The newspapers and late checkout have survived but there were no papers available and I needed to check out at 11 anyway!
Rooms on the inside of this hotel have great character and overlook a lovely courtyard. The room I got on the outside was very small and either too hot, or too noisy once the window doors were opened. This was necessary because the thermostat on the air conditioning did nothing, despite its apparent range from 10 to 30 degrees. The bathroom had two tiles at the foot of the bath hanging off like a little door, and the bath was just big enough to sit in. The shower attachment worked well.
My room had brochures in it advertising the benefits of IHG membership, suggesting this was a non-member's room. One of these benefits is free Wi-Fi, which you don't get at this place. It's 20 euros for 48 hours - an archaic practice which needs changing, especially for IHG members. I'm told this will happen from 1st July. WHY six months to make a simple change? It is not good to advertise a benefit then not provide it.
I had two bookings, the second room being for a friend who was also staying, and who got a larger room than I did, on the front side (but still no courtyard view).This is a great hotel in many ways, in a very good location, and is generally smart and clean as expected from the brand. On this occasion, though, it left me seriously disappointed. I'm sure it is different for Gold card and business members, but people who don't stay enough for Gold (which would be every month) and just want a good standard for their leisure travel are, in my opinion, being badly served.

Room Tip: Try to pre-book a room that overlooks the courtyard. Half do, half don't - it might cost more but is probably worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rh1312
Customer S, Customer Service at Crowne Plaza Paris Republique, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear rh1312,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience about your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Paris République.

It is true we are fortunate to be very conveniently located in the heart of Paris and we are very sad to see we did not satisfied you during your stay because you did not seem to have received Recognition for IHG® Rewards Club Members.

We would like to take the opportunity to inform you that the hotel has several different room types such as Standard (15m ²), Club Rooms (21m ²) with queen size beds, but also Junior Suites with a size up to 45m ². Our rooms can be reserved with a variety of different rates either on our website or via our internal reservations department. The hotel is greatly demanded during some periods and this explains why we are not able to provide frequent room upgrades to all our members (Regardless of the level).
We are sorry you were not able to benefit from an upgrade during your last stay.
Also, we would like to sorry because deployment of some benefits is not the same in all countries.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Paris République in the future.