Our flight arrived at 0800 and check in isn't til 1400, so I had time to walk the area. The Taxi ride from the airport was 70 Euro, but the ride back to the airport was only 45. Suggest to the driver that he take the back road and not the Hwy. Cafe was open with typical junk food to hold me over and some coffee. The train can be caught just outside the hotel and the main depot is just over a mile away. Plenty of great places to eat in the Republic Square. The Louve is a 10 minute cab and you can get the train downstairs to take you to Champs-Élysées and another short ride to the Eiffel Tower. Keep you wallet in your front pocket and if you carry a purse, keep it around your neck and your hand on the bag while riding the train or even walking around crowded areas.
The suite was huge for Paris standards. The windows open so you can enjoy the fresh air. Exercise room is on the top floor and has bikes, treadmills and weight machine as well as the rubber balls for situps. Breakfast was good and a nice, small selection in the club room. If you want all the eggs, bacon... go to the main dining. Club level is very basic cereal, fruit, yogurt and breads. Use the Concierge desk to book tours and they can arrange to have you picked up and brought back to the hotel. Sun rises at 6, but sunset is 10pm. Big change for me. I suggest you go to a store and buy some wine. Drinking in Paris is not cheap and I never did figure out how to open the refrigerator door in my room, but I'm sure a small wine would be 20 EURO. Staff was all friendly and helpful. When waiting in line to check out, don't be polite and just wait your turn, the French just walk up, but in and could not care less about a line to wait in. Much like driving in Paris- just go for it. Room rate is a bit high, but I pay that to get a staff that is polite, speaks English and is helpful in helping me find my way. Go for the cheaper hotels and I wish you luck for an enjoyable time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star hotel Crowne Plaza Paris Republique is a unique building easily accessible and only few minutes away from all attractions (Grands Boulevards, Montmartre, Eiffel Tower...). Parisian people love going around the numerous bars, restaurants and shops that surround the Place de la RÃ©publique which is easily reached by 5 metro lines. For a comfortable stay, the Crowne Plaza Paris RÃ©publique is newly renovated with its 328 air-conditioned rooms , 1 Restaurant, 1 Bar and WI-FI access in public areas. Come to the restaurant 'Le Dix' to taste our buffet and the 'a la carte menu' featuring French cuisine, or to the 'Le Dix' Bar from where you can enjoy a nice view of the Place de la RÃ©publique Crowne Plaza Paris RÃ©publique also offers 18 meeting rooms, all have natural day light. These rooms can welcome up to 250 persons for conferences, in front of our historic inner courtyard. Last but not least, the hotel is only 3 metro stations away form the Eurostar, Thalys & TGV East Terminal in Paris and from stations where high speed metro arrive from Roissy Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airport to Parc des Exposition de Villepinte, le Bourget and the Stade de France. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Paris Republique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Paris Republique Hotel Paris
- Paris Crowne Plaza
- Holiday Inn Paris Republique
- Paris Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Republique Paris