We stayed here last week in the Executive King room with DH, DD 6yo and DD 20 months. We put in a special request for baby bed during reservation, and everything was in place by the time we arrived. There's adequate space to move around for all even with the play-pen, which is a longer version than the ones I've seen. (For perspective purposes, the free space in the room could fit 3 such play-pens).
This hotel was decorated in a boutique style, and every fixture and fittings in the room made good use of space. Our room had 2 nice skylights that open for fresh air in lieu of windows. Love the mechanical black out blinds covering the skylights. We could also look outside at the other buildings and street below.
Room amenities include safe, tea/coffee, kettle, mini-fridge. mini-bar and bath supplies. The bathroom also had an outlet for US appliances by the hairdryer, which was a really convenient place for me to charge the iPhone every night.
Our package came with free buffet breakfast which I enjoyed especially because of the long running hours between 6:30-11am. Hot choices included sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, sauteed veges (string beans, tomato on the half, mushroom), soft-boiled eggs, french toast, rice pudding. Cold choices were assorted cheeses, cold-cuts (salami, ham, etc), smoked fish, vege salad, fruit salad & yogurts. There's also cereal, toast, baguettes, croissant and chocolate bread. Don't miss the fresh fruits basket on top of the buffet. With so much choices, even the baby was well-fed. The dining area is large, and we never had troubles getting a table.
The reception staff and breakfast staff were courteous, helpful and spoke perfect English. We arrived at noon before the 2pm official checked in time. With 2 cranky jet-lagged kids, they were able to get us a room by 12:30pm. We're very appreciative of this, especially seeing guests who arrived before us still had their luggage kept at the reception area which meant we got a room before they did. The 3 breakfast staff were very nice too - always helpful, quick and pleasant to talk with. They always bring a baby chair as soon as they saw us coming for breakfast.
Hotel is just around the corner from the St. Placide metro station. We tried several nearby cafes and they were pretty good. Hotel is also located in a safe area. One night, we walked all the way to Pont Neuf for some night Seine scenery. On the way there, we passed by some happening hot spots and had a very nice late dinner (around 10pm+) at Cafe Paris.
Finally, some cons about this place:
- WIFI in lobby only, not in rooms
- Vanity area small around the sink
- Shower/Bath tub were only partly enclosed
- 2 small elevators sometimes require waiting during peak time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Paris Saint Germain des Pres Hotel is ideally situated in the prime location in the heart of Paris at Latin Quarter area, and Montparnasse area neighbourhood. We are the perfect three stars hotel for business and leisure. Great hospitality and adventures in Paris are waiting for you The hotel is easy to get to : 25 minutes from Orly, 40 minutes from Charles de Gaulle airport, at walking distance from the Montparnasse train station and bordering the Saint Placide metro station, line 4. The hotel provides a private parking.The hotel is located close to the main monument Notre de Dame, Musee du Louvre, Tour Eiffel, Cabaret and Theater. At walking distance to Seine River and Luxembourg Garden. With a total of 134 rooms including 22 superior rooms and 8 family rooms, the Holiday Inn Paris Saint Germain des Pres Hotel will welcome you in a cosy and modern environment. Our family room provides all the facilities of 2 separate rooms. The hotel offers a restaurant, room service and a friendly bar. Our three meeting rooms can cater to all your business needs and have a capacity of maximum 50 people. IMPORTANT INFORMATION : a renovation of our corridors has began month oct 2014. Floor by floor, if you want a room with no corridor renovation do not hesitate to ask it at the reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres Hotel Paris
- Paris Holiday Inn