“Good hotel, good location, noisy cleaning staff”

Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres
Ranked #517 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good hotel, good location, noisy cleaning staff”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I've been with my mother on vacations in Paris and we loved this hotel: good location, not far away from key attraction, very good breakfast buffet and service. The room is fancy, but small - enough for 2 people. However, the cleaning staff was very unpolite, screaming at the corridor, usually forgetting replacing items in the bathroom. Even though, if you consider that you'll spend most of the day out, then this shouldn't bother. I recommend the hotel and I would certainly go back to stay at it!

Room Tip: The rooms with view to the back of the hotel are extremely quiet - worth to stay at it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LMHS_SP
Sabourin_J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your comment regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the cleaning staff.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.

Joel SABOURIN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here and the hotel is in a great location. It is not huge, our suitcases had to go in the foyer, but the rooms are very nicely decorated and recently renovated. The location allows you access to public transport and there is a grocery store, many restaurants and pubs nearby. We ate at one of the cafes around the corner for breakfast most mornings.

The only downside (except from the room size) is the lack of amenities. The lobby is very small and there is a little bar in the lobby, but it isn't a big hotel with a lot of amenities.

Overall, I would stay here again, but if you are traveling with children you might want a different option that has more amenities and a bit larger rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Your comments posted on TripAdvisor following your visit in June are so very appreciated! Thanks for taking the time.

Glad you are such an ambassador for Holiday Inn Paris Saint Germain des Prés, as we know when travelling to a city such as Paris, most guests at leisure want a memorable time above all. By your description, I think many readers would say, sounds good!

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We arrived after a late flight to book in at 10.30/11.00pm to find the front desk was unmanned and little effort was made by the member of staff around to locate the receptionist/night staff. Finally, he arrived but with no apology for his absence and our wait.
The double room was clean and adequate though quite small - there were some issues re the shower tray flooding each time you took a shower; there was a large chip out of the shower tray and some staining; a matted hair ball was left in the shower tray after the room had been serviced; the extractor fan didn't work in the bathroom; the lights also flickered along the second floor corridor. We didn't use the breakfast service or restaurant as we made use of the many nearly cafes and restaurants in the area.
The hotel is 2 minutes walk from St Placide metro station and therefore very easy to navigate around the city and further afield using the metro, SNCF and RER.
Paris is always a pleasure and I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear sjwelltravelled,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you found our hotel to be in a good location.

It is regrettable that you were not fully satisfied with our service. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with check in and with our bathroom amenities. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our hotel management to consider making improvements where necessary. Your satisfaction is of utmost concern to us as we always strive to make your experience a great one.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We visited Paris for the first time and decided to stay in Saint Germain from recommendations. We wanted to experience Paris lifestyle but also visit all the iconic areas as well. My favorite area of the city was the Latin Quarter, but I have to say that this area of the city was a close second. Reasonable food prices and choices were available all over. The hotel itself is modern and nice. We had a very comfortable stay. We had our 11 month old daughter with us and the staff couldn't be nicer. We had a bed for her as well and we still could move around in the room. The rooms were not spacious like in America, however they were just fine. We were in Rome the week before Paris and this hotel was leaps and bounds better. We were very happy and for the price, this was a great stay. The bartenders were accommodating and friendly! We had a great time and fell absolutely in love with the city. We will be back!

Room Tip: We loved the 2nd floor!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Striddy5513

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My Mom and I ended up here on a fluke via Priceline and I was mortified! I blindly purchased a four star hotel in St. Germaine Des Pres and surpise.. I was booked at Holiday Inn! Needless to say I wasn't happy at all! But I was stuck!

To start, the lobby is very modern which was a pleasant surpise.. The most important kudos is for the STAFF!! EVERYONE was absolutely incredible! Everyone was friendly and welcoming! Keavan, the bartender was absolutely amazing and made our stay that much nicer! He is extremely polite (your english is very good Keavan!!- despite what you think) The Manager, I'm sorry I cant remember his name was so great to us! As well as the front desk gentlemen! I became ill during our trip and the Manager made it a point to call me following being sick to ensure I was okay! Thank you so much!!!

Now, the hotel is not at all 4 stars but they make up for it in service. As for the meals, we only ate cake- late evening snack (which was amazing) and opted to go out for our meals but I'm confident it would have been fine. Oh we also had these amazing chocolate cakes that Keavan gave us after Mom didnt like the fruit salad. He wanted to be sure we had something we liked :) How's that for service???!!!

THE DETAILS

Some of the other reviewers were accurate regarding the "bird bath" :) the shower does splash over the floor but WHO CARES.. its not a big deal. They could stand to get wider partitions for the shower to minimize the splash on the floor. But on the grand scale of things, its not a big deal..

Oh... something else that is misleading, the hotel is not really in St. Germaine Des Pres, its in Montparnasse which is okay but it isn't St. Germaine Des Pres! Sorry guys, I have to be honest..

Overall, we had a wonderful time in Paris, the hotel was modern (in the lobby) but the rooms are quite small but bareable for a vacation-- that is the norm in Paris... The halls could use brighter lighting to brighten things up a bit but despite my original discontent with Priceline, I had a wonderful time and thank the STAFF for making it possible!

Thank you SOOOO MUCH!
Memories with my mother will last a lifetime :)

Room Tip: Our room faced the courtyard which was very quiet.. We were on the 5th floor and slept like babies...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days while in Paris and were VERY pleased with everything about it! The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, always patient with our questions. The room was very nice. We initially had twin beds, but the staff willingly pushed them together to make a larger bed for us. By doing so, we actually had more room than our friends who had a Queen size room! The hotel is close to the Luxembourg Gardens, the Metro, and many good eating places. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: There is NO swimming pool. I accidentally clicked on it and it won't let me correct it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bev T

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Really great experience especially as a IHG member.
The waiting staff at the restaurant are very attentive and the room was clean and well equipped.
The location is pretty away from the city however a half an hour train ride is decent.
The reception staff could be more helpful however it was no trouble for any information we asked for

• Stayed April 2014