“4th visit, disappointment!”

Ranked #219 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
St. Petersburg, Russia
“4th visit, disappointment!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Yes, it was our 4th visit in this hotel. Though it is overpriced, we loved it so much. Centrally located, a lot of favorite cafes and good for shopping. Btw, we had issue this time.
We have been downgraded, because our initial "upgraded" room was above the jewish wedding, VERY loud and VERY loud-loud again. OK, have to move once again one day after. 3 movings in total.
Our 3rd room was good, but we still can feel the metro vibration (!).
Have to say, the hotel gave us a pleasant gesture, the dinner in Cafe De La Paix which was good.
Anyway, we are continuing being IC Ambassador members and happy because of that.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank alexzhdanov
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, Quality & Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear alexhdanov,

First of all, we want to thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris Le Grand on the occasion of your last stay in Paris and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to read that you found our very central location and facilities convenient.
Also, we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in your room. We are please that the bathroom with all of the bathroom supplies and amenities provided were up to your expectations.

On the other hand, we are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations particularly on the issues you have pointed out. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually

Finally, we apologize for the disagreements concerning your rooms and noises issues

Dear alexhdanov, we want to thank you once again for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental Paris Le Grand soon.

Quality & Administrative Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

The rooms are tiny but cozy, out of date mattress but comfortable. Great location and helpful stuff. The bathtub and shower should be replaced with new ones. Yet, it is a very big, traditionally decorated hotel, with good old style.

Room Tip: Not inner side rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sarakz,

We are please that the bathroom with all of the bathroom supplies and amenities provided were up to your expectations. We are attached to conserve an old-fashioned style on your hotel in Paris.

Moreover, we are pleased to see that your room was up to your expectations. What a pleasure it will be to share your comments with our teams. Thank you for your very kind comments!

Dear Sarakz, we want to thank you once again for you great review and we hope that your comment will be useful for many travelers.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental Paris Le Grand soon.

Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I had a 1 night layover in Paris and since I am a platinum ambassador I picked this hotel. After reading reviews, I decided to take the roissey bus from the airport to the hotel and took a taxi from the hotel back to the airport. It was quite fun taking the bus for €10. and it took about 50 min. It dropped me off in front the opera house and a block or so from the hotel. It was very easy to spot the hotel once I got off the bus. As I walked over to the hotel I was just in awe to be in Paris and the opera house was the first impressionable building I saw. Upon check in my ambassador status was acknowledged extensively. They had upgraded me to an executive suite on the lounge floor but my room was not ready. I was welcome to have a complimentary drink while waiting for my room or I could go up to the lounge and relax. I chose the latter so I could relax, and charge my phone. They did offer me a standard room which was available immediately but I decided to wait for the larger room.
The lounge is 2 floors and had a nice pastry selection along with wine, coffee and sodas. It was definitely and nice place to relax for an hour after my flight. Once my phone was charged and I was ready to explore the city, I went downstairs and inquired if my room was ready. Fortunately it was and my bag was brought up. I inquired when breakfast was available as i had a mid-morning international flight. My breakfast was to be in the lounge but didn't open until 7:30. I needed to be in a taxi headed to the airport by 7:30. Fortunately, the hotel staff allowed me to take my breakfast downstairs in the restaurant for no extra charge. Back to my room- It was a charming room on the 5th floor with a large sitting area, king bed and a nice updated bathroom. The view just looked out into a courtyard which basically means I was looking at other rooms... Not really a nice view but I wasn't in the room to look out the window anyway. After cleaning up a bit, I headed out to take in the sites. The hotel is in a superb location. I walked all over - to the Eiffel Tower, up and down the Champ de élysées, several christmas markets and many places in between. When I returned to my room that night, I had a lovely note from the hotel manager welcoming me to the hotel, a bottle of water and a nice box of little pastries.
Overall, the hotel staff was exceptional - they were extremely friendly and helpful. The service was absolutely impeccable. My room was delightful and the lounge was a lovely retreat. My only regret was my family could not experience the hotel and Paris with me. I will definitely be back. Thank you for making my one night in Paris amazing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear 2momstravel,

We are glad to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Moreover, we are pleased to see that you found our very central location, your room and our facilities convenient.
Also, we are delighted to that our hotel staff contributed to you well-being during your stay with us. Your comments will be shared onto them.

Dear 2momstravel, thanks once again for your kinds compliments.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon to continue to discover everything Paris and the InterContinental Paris Le Grand have to offer.

Valletta, Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

The rooms are outdated. Service is deficient. Of course the location is great, but at the end of the day the cost seems to high for what you get. Not to mention the place is overcrowded. For instance, I had to wait 20 mn to get a taxi...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear NPMalta,

Thank you for your comments about your visit. It is unfortunate that we were not able to meet your expectations due to the level of service received and if you found our rooms to be outdated. These points you have raised in your review will be addressed immediately to consider for upgrades needed on premises.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We (my wife, teenage daughter and I) stayed at this hotel recently in two different occasions for several nights. Location is very convenient, rooms are clean and confortable. We had an Opera View Room which was great. Friendly staff, but overwhelmed by a hotel which is too busy. Good breakfast..

Room Tip: Ask for either opera view or street view rooms with balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Indiansfo
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, Quality & Administrative assistant at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Indiansfo,
Also, we are thrilled to see that your room contributed to your comfort during your stay us and that you enjoyed the fabulous Opera view from your room.
Moreover, we are glad to read that our hotel staff contributed to your well being during your stay and that the quality of breakfast that we propose has met your expectations. Dear Indiansfo, we want to thank you for your compliment we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon to continue to discover everything Paris and the InterContinental Paris Le Grand have to offer.
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel Dec25th-30th 2013 and loved it. We booked for classic room originally but since room was very small for us , we changed it to superior room with balcony.
As far as we understood, all the rooms looking at court yard doesnt have balconies, the ones looking at street has balconies.
Only small issue we had was the temperature of the room. It is either too cold and too warm.
Housekeeping did excellent job with cleaning the room.
Room service and restaurant little pricey but good food.
Breakfast was great with lots of options.
Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nes1745
Dear Nes1745,
Due to the fact that our property is a Haussmanian building, some differences may happen between two rooms of the same category. The configuration can vary depending on location and levels. Of our 470 rooms, no two are the same and the disposition can be different in each room. Furthermore, we are sorry to read that you experienced some difficulties in the room concerning the thermostat.
However, we are glad to see the quality of service that we propose to our guests has met your expectations and that our hotel staff contributed to your comfort and your well-being during your stay with us.
Dear Nes1745, we want to thank you once again for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon to continue to discover everything Paris and the InterContinental Paris Le Grand have to offer.
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights 30th December 2013 to 1st January 2014. We booked via our IHG points and it was nice for the hotel to email us one week prior to our arrival asking for flight details so they knew what time we would be arriving.

We had an early flight and arrived at the hotel at 10.00am and were checked in an efficient and professional manner. To our surprise our room was ready and we had been upgraded to the club floor on the 5th. The room was lovely, spotlessly clean and had a large bathroom with separate walk in shower and bath. It was also a quiet room with it being on a high floor therefore enabling two good nights sleep. Lovely turndown service in the evening.

We had dinner on Monday in Café de la Paix (separate review).

All the staff we encountered were professional and very friendly.

The only gripe we had was with regard breakfast. You can either have room service or dine in Café de la Paix and at 39 euros per person we thought expensive. We ordered room service and only had one tea and coffee and some toast and was charged 78 euros. I really think they need to look at this.

As our flight on New Year's Day wasn't until late evening we were able to leave our luggage knowing that it was secure until we returned back. It was promptly brought to us and a taxi arranged to take us to the airport.

Overall, we thought the hotel was beautiful and the staff went out their way to make your stay enjoyable and we will certainly would be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear BLTN477,
First of all, we want to thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris Le Grand on the occasion of your last stay in Paris, for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
We are glad to read that the quality of services and the benefits of our loyalty program that we provide to our guest members have met your expectations.
Also, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your room that we have attributed you and that it contributed to your comfort during your stay with us.
We certainly appreciate your comment about our hotel staff and we are pleased that our hotel staff have contributed to your well-being during your stay.
However, we are sorry to see that you were disappointed regarding the price of breakfast that we propose. We are regularly benchmarked against outlets of a similar standing in the neighborhood.
Dear BLTN477, what else to say but thank you for the very complete and positive review and we hope that your description will be useful to many travelers.
Thank you so much once again for your very kind comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon at the InterContinental Paris Le Grand.