“Excellent place for a short or long stay...”

Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
Ranked #282 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent place for a short or long stay...”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two weeks. Very good location, less than 10 minutes from the Champ de Mars. Very good rooms: well-equipped; comfy; and very quiet. Good breakfast, even if it is a bit overpriced. Basic gym, but sufficient for some daily exercise. Very friendly staff. Excellent place for a short or long business stay...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is an excellent hotel, had a wonderful experience, only stayed for 1 night, but I would recommend this property. The rooms are nice sized, the hotel is lovely, beautiful garden area..just had drinks,,in it...but so nice,,, the restaurant looked great. the area is really, really nice, lots of good restaurants close by, the sights are close, the Eiffel tower was around the corner was lots of restaurants to sit and watch the tower sparkle at night. We have been to Paris before, stayed in 7th also, in Saint Germain.area.. loved both, so this was a new area and really liked...you cannot go wrong if you are considering this property.

Room Tip: rooms over garden are lovely...we had a standard over garden.
2 Thank ZEBRAQUEEN
st Louis
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We usually stay at the Renaissance in the 1st - Vendome area but it was sold out. I am glad we had an opportunity to stay here for comparison.
Check in was a little onerous because at 3:30 and my room was not ready. I sat in the lovely outdoor courtyard and enjoyed a glass of Champagne and my book for about 30 min until I could go in. But, I was very tired as my flight was 6 hours late landing.
I loved the outdoor Courtyard with nice seating areas and lovely flowers and plants. The bar is small but efficient.
The Lobby is small but has a nice seating area to wait.
The room was not as nice as the Vendome property, not close. But, it was clean, updated and not bad. I wish I knew ahead of time to ask for a room with a view of the Eiffel tower. Our room had a view of the courtyard - it was nice but I think I would prefer the other view!! The bathtub was large and comfortable.
For location, like others said, it is close to some major sights as well as the Metros. It is a quiet neighborhood and we felt very safe walking around at night.
We enjoyed breakfast outside in the courtyard. It was typical fare, not better or worse than other Marriott properties.

3 Thank stlanne
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Booked the hotel as a last thought for a quick week-end in Paris a the end of our UK vacation, and it was a great decision.....chunnel crossing, to hotel, from central London to central Paris, in less than 4 hours... The property is 200 yards from Place Victor Hugo, 400 yards from the Trocadero with the Eiffel Tower just beyond, and 1/2 mile from the Arc de Triomphe.....for visitors, it is ideal, major attractions within easy walking, with 2 Metro stops very close to let you see the rest of Paris. The staff, at registration, could not have been more helpful.....they initiated queries, as to what we wanted to see, where we wanted to go, what activities did we want to do, and they gave us maps, etc, and even found out info on the weekly Friday night roller skating tour and Segway Tours (you should do a Segway in whatever city its offered, that's a great experience in itself, but I digress)....staff is equal to the property, and the property is top rated.
The room was well appointed, the bed very comfortable, the lighting is especially dramatic, the bathroom is modern, and well appointed....and for Paris, the room is large, and worth the tariff...
.I would definitely return. I would rate the property higher if WiFi was generally available. For some corporate reason, WiFi , on a limited bandwidth, is free, only in the lobby....If you want a greater bandwidth, or if you want WiFi in your room, there is an extra charge.....it seems a bit pennywise/pound foolish, for this level of property....If you charge high nightly tariffs, you should raise your level of service....if Starbuck's and Nero can give you free WiFi for a cup of coffee, Marriott should give its patrons free WiFi for the hundreds of Euros it charges per night. The property is a gem.

1 Thank GinoDaGusta
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife, 1 year old and I stayed here for 3 nights from August 16-19. I had gotten this hotel through Priceline for around $130USD/night. The hotel location is incredible: 10 minutes to the Eiffel Tower (in fact, we had a view of the tower from our room); 15 minutes to Arc du Triomphe, and a 40 Euro cab ride from the CDG. Also very close to the Metro, which isn't overly child friendly, but still very accessible.

The staff were incredible. I had started emailing them about 3 weeks prior to arrival, and they accommodated my every need. I'm a Silver Elite member with Marriott, so perhaps that helped, but they had upgraded me to a larger room, gave us free wifi, provided us with great recommendations for restaurants, had a little welcome pack ready for us as well as a separate one for our baby along with a lovely crib.

They give out free gummies/snacks by the bar (along with flavoured water and coffee/tea), loan out umbrella's, and just have an incredible ability to please their guests.They had also allowed me to check in at 11am, which is 3 hours earlier than normal check in.

To be honest, it's hard to know what you're getting yourself into when you book through Priceline and you never know how you'll be treated. This hotel didn't make us feel any less than a regular paying customer, and ensured we had all the comfort in the world.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel and stay here again!

Room Tip: A corner room facing the main street will give you a partial view of the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Haider A
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is smack between the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe within a short walking distance. There are 2 Metro lines at each location that you can get to anywhere in the city from these locations. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood tucked away from all the busy streets else where. There are so many good places to eat that are clsoe to the hotel that you can't go wrong. The hotel staff is very friendly and speak very good english and ready to help out with directions or tour recommendations.

Room Tip: If you like to take a hot bath instead of shower at the end of a long day then make sure you request...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We've been in 22 countries and stayed at hundreds of Marriott and Hyatt properties. My husband and I have never felt more welcomed anywhere. The room was generous by European standards, bathroom was large and graciously appointed. Breakfast was extraordinarily different, staff were inviting, attentive and non-intrusive. Everything about this hotel exudes quiet refinement.

Highly recommended and will always be our hotel in Paris.....

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple