“Great Hotel, Great Location.”

Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
Ranked #301 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Morris County, New Jersey
“Great Hotel, Great Location.”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was our first time in Paris, (combined business and mini vacation) and we were a little nervous if the hotel would meet our standards. It did.
The room was a little small, but not awkwardly so, very clean with nice furnishings. Front desk and concierge staff were very helpful.
Lots of restaurants in the area, so we only had breakfast at the hotel, again very good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
RenLeParcTrocadero, Manager at Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing comments about your stay !

We are glad to read that you spend a great vacation/business stay among us.

We look forward to welcoming you back !

Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I work in consulting & had a ton of Marriott points (& elite membership), so I decided to treat my dad for his 50th birthday with a stay in the luxurious Trocadero.

On the Renaissance website's room photos, a family suite is tiny for 4 people. A small master bedroom, and a small sitting area with a pullout sofa bed. An executive suite, however, is depicted as a 2-story luxurious slice of heaven. Giant master bedroom, giant bathroom, giant bathtub, giant sitting/second sleeping area, the works. Since we were traveling as a group of 4 (parents, sister & I), and I wanted the stay to be very special for my dad, I booked an executive suite for us.

My family & I arrived at the hotel around noon & our room wasn't ready yet. We went to a nearby restaurant to wait for 3 hours until housekeeping could finish cleaning. We got back to the hotel & my parents were so excited to see our home for the next 4 nights, since they normally don't splurge on suites themselves. When the concierge, a nice guy named Adrien, let us into our room, our immediate reaction was shock & disappointment. Instead of a 2-story gorgeous suite, we were in a dank little sitting area barely big enough to fit 4 of us.

I immediately asked him if there had been a mistake, and he giggled nervously & replied "a lot of people have that reaction, but it is no mistake. That 2-story suite on our website only sleeps 2 people, not 4 since the sofa doesn't convert into a bed. Everyone who sees the website photos has the same reaction." I did not find this nearly as funny as he did, and told him it was very dishonest that the hotel advertises the executive suite so falsely. Mainly, I was shocked that others had complained about this and the hotel had not done anything to make sure that future guests would not encounter the same issue.

When the concierge left, we wanted to take a shower & nap, since everyone was jet lagged & traveling all night. Despite the fact that 4 of us were registered in the room, housekeeping had only provided us with enough towels & robes for 2 people. The phone wasn't working, so I went downstairs to reception to ask for the extra bathing materials. At this point I brought up the room situation again & asked if there was anything they could do to give us the room that I actually had booked. Adrien was at the desk and vanished into the back room. Another concierge came over & asked what the problem was & I explained how cheated we all felt & how false the advertising was on the Renaissance website & she said that unfortunately there was nothing they could do, it was in the hands of Marriott global.

Fuming, I went back to the room. My mom was just about to go take a nap and I heard her exclaim in disgust. I went into their master bedroom & saw a bunch of long hairs clinging to the decorative pillows that were on the bed. So gross.

After our naps, we showered & wanted to dry our hair. We plugged the hairdryer into the bathroom plug, and barely any air came out of it. I again asked reception about the issue & they said the hairdryers don't work in the bathrooms, they work in any other socket in the main rooms (where there are no mirrors). Clearly, whoever designed this was not a female.

Later that evening, my sister went to brush her teeth in the small hallway bathroom & when I went in after her, the sink was full of dirty toothpaste water. I yelled at her because I thought she didn't unplug the drain, but it turned out that the drain was actually just clogged. Theoretically, housekeeping should have noticed this during their daily cleaning, but clearly they were not bothered by it as the problem persisted for the duration of our stay.

Finally, after traveling all night and walking around all day, we finally went to bed. The pullout sofabed was the least comfortable thing I have ever slept on. I actually considered sleeping on the floor. There were no springs, just hard metal rods under my spine. Not only that, but when the bed was unfolded, there was no room left in the annexed room - between the sofabed, armchairs, 2 side tables, writing table, & bureau, there was barely any room to squeeze around the bed to get out of the master bedroom, and we were constantly stumbling over the sofabed (metal frame+knees=ouch), because there was basically no way to avoid it.

In the morning, we went to grab breakfast (which was included, since I have gold status). The food was great, & the buffet selection was huge. However, every time we had to ask the waiters for anything (e.g., hot water for tea, coffee, order of smoked salmon), it took us asking 2-3 times for them to actually bring us what we asked for.

I understand that most of these things on their own are not a big deal - hotels are never 100% perfect...but for so may things to go wrong, especially in such a ridiculously expensive hotel & after such a massive-scale first-impression failure, is unforgivable. I would strongly encourage not staying in this hotel, because they do not hold themselves accountable for their mistakes, and don't care how their actions impact their guests. They ruined our stay in Paris, and I will never ever stay in a Renaissance hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank nkamenetsky
RenLeParcTrocadero, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Natalya,

First of all, please allow myself to excuse on behalf of the hotel the delay in responding to your recent remarks on the social media site, due to some difficulties we were not able to respond as prompt as usual. Thank you also for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback to us.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. I have taken all the different perspectives that you have shown to me on how as a stay here in Paris that we have fell short on so many levels.

I can fully appreciate your position in that as four adults that the executive suite that you were accommodated in was a little uncomfortable to say the least, as I can remember from your visit, the unfortunate thing is that because of the location we are in Paris, no one room is exactly the same size or layout, it can work to our advantage or disadvantage. In terms of executive suites, the one which I know you are referring to with the bathroom is only suitable for 2 people and unfortunately the duplex suites that were also mentioned were all occupied upon your arrival. Now your point is a very good one, and one that we are actually trying to modify, that when you book an executive suite on-line that the pictures do not always resemble the exact same suite, we are actually trying to separate them out to different categories to avoid any further issues. I fully understand that this does not go anywhere near to fixing your experience here, but I just wanted you to know that we are taking corrective action.

In regards to Adrien, thank you firstly for the kind words about him, he is new to our team on an internship with us for the summer, I really enjoy hearing nice things about my staff, but I have sat down and spoke with him about the situation, and he recounted the experience and explained that he felt empathy but didn't quite really know what to do, I think his comment on it being a common experience was that from his knowledge and schooling that in Paris a common issue in all hotels is room size, so that was his reaction, however we have gone through some further training to help combat this in the future, and rather to be awkward around the issue, to try and be proactive and reactive.

In regards to the housekeeping issues, I fully agree with you also, having booked a suite for 4 people in a 5 star hotel and then only providing 2 is not acceptable, same would apply with the issue of cleanliness and the up keep of the room. those issues are not acceptable in any level of hotel. The rooms teams are doing a full investigation into why these things happened and extra training and checks to ensure that this does not happen again, I would also like to assure you that from my knowledge that this is not an occurrence that happens at our hotel, so I am very disappointed also. Also with the comfort of the bed that is also being looked into.

From all of your points, it is quite clear that we fell short on many items, and what really is concerning is that they are some of the core basics of any hotel, comfort and cleanliness. I am once again disappointed and would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and I can assure you that things will be acted upon.

Also should you be in Paris again, I would like to extend my services to you as a personal contact should you need any help or anything, I will be more than willing to assist.

If you have any further questions or anything you would like to remark, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be available.

Marc Whittaker
Assistant Front Office Manager
Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero
marc.whittaker@renhotels.com
Woodstock, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just got back from a whirlwind European vacation with my sister and niece. We booked our original hotel with Marriott points and were moved to this location because of overbooking. A little confusion with check in but after everything was settled we had 3 great nights at Le Parc Trocadero. Great location, comfy beds, very pleasant employees. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SLS105
RenLeParcTrocadero, Manager at Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your nice feedback after staying at the Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel.

We are glad to hear that you spent a good stay after your relocation.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Back for the 5th or 6th time 2 weeks ago. Everyone from the front desk to concierge is great and helpful. Fantastic location in the 16th. The hotel makes you feel super comfortable. Returning there in 2 weeks and looking forward to our stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IraW_11
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your fidelity ! We are really proud that you chose our Hotel as your first residence in Paris !

We look forward to your next visit.

Danville, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

If you are planning to run the Paris Marathon in April, this is the perfect hotel to stay at. It is an easy walk to the starting line, and an even shorter walk back from the finish line. The hotel starts their breakfast early enough that you can have a nice breakfast before the race. A beautiful hotel overall and excellent friendly and nice staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

First of all, congratulations for participating to our Paris Marathon ! We hope that it was a success.

Thank you very much for sharing your great feedback with us. A nice breakfast is always good before running a race !

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel. Maybe next year, for the Paris Marathon again ?!

Paris, France
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed 5 nights and I really enjoyed. The room is very nice, with enough space and very quiet. The bed is very comfortable as expected from a Mariott. The breakfast is very good, with great choice.
I really love the patio/ garden. It is magic to stay here take a cappuccino and relax after a day of work or a day of visiting Paris.
It was really a great choice for the annual meeting. All guests were happy and told me it was the best meeting they attend in Paris :)
A great thank you to the staff very friendly, always ready to help.
The only small disappointment was the fitness room, vey small without window.
I will come back

Room Tip: Ask a room with view on the agree at the top floor