“Well worth the trip”

Ranked #1,097 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Portola Valley, California
“Well worth the trip”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in Paris and this one is well worth it. The rooms are classic, smallish Paris rooms, however the furnishings are pleasant and the desk staff is superb! We stayed five nights which allowed us to see much of Paris and to get familiar with the local area restaurants. The quiet dead end street was a plus and the breakfast staff was more than accommodating. I'll be here again at my next visit to Paris.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lucy M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 28 April 2014

After I arrived in Paris, I saw that I could easily find something better for the same price just few blocks from this place. Old place, decadent decoration, the elevator seems that it is going to break every time I get in there, etc. I would say it is a 1-2 stars hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MSantichio
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Me and my Mum stayed at this hotel in late November for 3 nights and had a great time. We had really struggled to find a decent hotel in this area around our budget of £300 for 3 nights and I was so pleased when I stumbled across their details on a comparison site - which I actually got cheaper by booking direct with the hotel.

The location was perfect - we were travelling by RER from the airport and the train stop is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel. We were slightly confused finding the hotel because some of the reviews on here said it was next to a main road and noisy - so we were looking for a main road - it's really not, it's on a one way street. We were in a room facing the street on the first floor - the closest you could get and we experienced very very little noise.

The staff are all extremely polite, check in was very fast and the hotel clean. Yes the room isn't massive, but European hotels aren't but the bathroom was large although it was a bit strange that the shower didn't have a door so water went everywhere. I have stayed in far smaller hotels in Italy so this wasn't an issue at all.

The hotel recently was refurbished so we had a lovely newly decorated room with a massive photograph of a fountain on the Place de Concorde behind the bed. The room was a little cold but as soon as I put the thermostat up this was quickly sorted. There was also a large plasma screen TV on the wall - I amused myself watching the French versions of Great British Bake Off and Strictly Come Dancing!

We didn't have the breakfast so I can't comment on that - we ate in small cafes in the local area. The location of the hotel is brilliant - just off the main road between the gardens leading towards Notre Dame with a number of restaurants and 5 minutes from the Latin Quarter - as two women on our own this was perfect.

Overall we would definately stay here again, fantastic location and great hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FoodieHarrogate
Key Biscayne, Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013

When we stayed in this hotel (Fall 2013) this was -and by far- the best combination of cost/location and quality. That is why I give it 4 stars. To top it all the staff is absolutely first rate. And Sigmund Freud (one of my heroes) stayed there so my Dreams were informative and relieving (jaja) Now for the minuses: the rooms can be small (you should ask for the ones directly on the street they are full of charm!) and the bathrooms even more (I am 6'1 and it was a challenge to take a shower). And there is the Wifi provided by your favorite incumbent phone company (Orange) that was totally substandard (I was told it was going to be upgraded). Unless by budget improves significantly I will continue to patronize this hotel.
PS The restaurant in the basement serves a reasonable breakfast but if you want "real Paris flavor" go to the little cafe at the corner or the one in front of the the Luxembourg....

Room Tip: Specifically ask for "bigger rooms" in top floors
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jose A
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This review represents an average of what would have been a zero for the first room I stayed in, and a three for the second two nights of my stay. The first room was on the 6th floor (#26). There was essentially no heat in the room; it had a single, terribly uncomfortable bed, and a tiny bathroom with a towel warmer that I hoped would warm up the bathroom - but did not work. To top it off, the metal cover at the top of the shower came crashing down - fortunately I was not under it at the time. I was able to switch rooms the next day (third floor #14), and what a difference that made. Heat, a double bed and a reasonable view. WIFI was intermittent in the rooms but was included. The breakfast was good, and convenient given that we had to be out early. The location was fine for wandering around this part of Paris - close to the Sorbonne and Institute Curie and off course Luxembourg Gardens. Downside to the hotel - nice staff, but totally incompetent with giving directions. I would also not ask for restaurant recommendations. Try someplace else if you can, and if not, avoid the sixth floor!

Room Tip: Room selection critical - 3rd floor rooms are probably fine - can't comment on the other floors...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JBLanghorne
Sudbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Excellent location, steps from Luxembourg gardens and the Luxembourg RER stop. On a small, quiet street. Staff was friendly enough. Breakfast was simple, but good; unfortunately in the basement level with no view - I'd rather sit in a cafe. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: 17 was nice, 4th floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travelalotParis
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was a hidden away little gen with small, but oh so clean rooms! The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful, and everyone from the cleaning staff to breakfast chef were just wonderful. Love this place!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple