“Paris with your grandchild....”
Review of Villa Beaumarchais

Villa Beaumarchais
Ranked #441 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were booked here with Elderhostel Intergenerational Program. The staff were so kind to us as we organized our trip on a daily basis. They were so helpful when we lost a couple of grandmothers one night at the Eiffel Tower. Long story with a very happy ending. The rooms were so comfortable with huge towels for the teenage girls. The breakfast each morning was good with the best coffee and fresh fruit. Stay here if you can...

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor since the elevator (beautiful old one) is often out of order.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed here for a week in August. I can't begin to say how much we enjoyed it. The staff was wonderful, friendly and very helpful. The location is perfect! A quiet street, but walking distance to a lot of activity...great shops and restaurants. And metro stops nearby. Although the hotel is old and could use a little freshening up, we were quite pleased with our accommodations. The breakfast (included with our room rate) was more than ample and those croissants were just delicious! And, most important to me, the bathroom was very clean! I highly recommend Villa Beaumarchais and would definitely stay here again. Thank you to all who made our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Friendly and helpful hotel with courteous staff .Quiet rooms overlooking a central courtyard .Prompt room service and nice decor .The pillows and bed were comfortable .
As a garden lover it pained me to see the small trees unwatered and brown in the balconies -just delegate a room service operator to water once a week .

Room Tip: Higher up the levels and some seemed to have nice balconies .
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sébastien D, Responsable relations publiques at Villa Beaumarchais, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Madam,

We thank you very much for your kind message on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Villa Beaumarchais and we took note of your remarks regarding the trees outside.

We would like to inform you that there is no balcony at all in our property, just some window boxes on the ledges.

Looking very much forward welcoming you again in Paris, we remain,

Yours sincerelly,

V. Barbe, the manager.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed here on business for the night of 17th June. Unfortunately my visit coincided with the Paris airshow so availability and prices across the city were at a premium - I paid about 200 euros, room only. It was easy to get to - on a side street, just a couple of hundred yards from the Metro station Chemin Vert on Line 8. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. I stayed in Room 102 which overlooked the enclosed courtyard. The room was clean and pleasant; smallish but not unusually so for a city centre hotel. The furnishings and bedding were of a good quality, with a choice of pillows. There was a flat screen TV, a mini-bar and a room safe, though this was locked and I wasn't sufficiently bothered to ring down and resolve this. The bathroom was fine, no issues to report - selection of toiletries provided, towels of a fair quality and a decent shower. The aircon didn't seem very effective so rather than put up with the rattling, I opened the windows instead. There was very little outside noise so I slept with them open. The room temperature was fine, despite it being very humid in Paris that week.

We also had a great meal over the road at the Vache Acrobatique - a charming little cafe-style restaurant with a high standard of cooking.

I would have given this hotel 3.5 if half marks were an option but I'm inclined to round up rather than down because, price aside, I found it a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I can only vouch for Room 102 but my colleague stayed in 103 and another on the 4th floor and they h...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Just back from 3 nights here. I spent a while on TA and other sites finding the right hotel and am happy with my choice.

Other reviews with negative comments are fairly accurate, however none spoiled our trip. Yes, some of the tiles in the bathroom were cracked; yes the sink plug refused to open without a lot of coercing and nothing was done about it. And I would add that the 1 curtain only just fits across the window... Decor is a bit oldfashioned and the wardrobe doors were a bugger to close sometimes but it was clean and generally in very good condition.

However, our Superior grade room was plenty big enough (room 5 on the ground floor) and was absolutely silent in the evening. Wonderful. The aircon worlked fine - it was so quiet I managed to sleep perfectly well with it on ni the large, comfortable bed. Reception were mostly fairly friendly and helpful and spoke English (but really...at least TRY to say a few words to them in French first!). No idea about soundproofing - didn't hear anyone next door but didn't see anyone either so we may have been alone in that corridor, just behind reception.

We decided to eat breakfast in the hotel - not the cheapest but it depends what you want - we wanted to fill up before each day started, so it was reasonable value or money. If your idea of breakfast would be a croissant and coffee, then go to a local cafe and get it cheaper. Food was fine, although not an overly wide selection. But enough. And the breakfast room was very peaceful also - never more than a half dozen or so people when we visited.

The area is fine - nearest Metro is Chemin Vert which is around 15-20 mins from Gare du Nord. Easy to get around anywhere from there really.

All in all, the few little maintenance issues aside, this hotel is well recommended for a quiet oasis in the city centre. The nearest boulevard is pretty busy and noisy - which makes the quiet in the hotel even more impressive. If you want modern and "happening" and dynamic - maybe look elsewhere. We were very happy with our choice.

Room Tip: Go for a Superior room for the extra space - assuming you can get it at a decent rate. Don't pay...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, and location is great.

However, if you pay full whack for this hotel, I can see why you'd be disappointed. It's a typical old school French hotel that hasn't really changed since the 90's.

However, if you get it on the cheap, it's a good base - you're in Paris, get out and enjoy the city!!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rekrabwuh
Sébastien D, Responsable relations clients at Villa Beaumarchais, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

I thank you for your remarks on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the very central localization of the Villa Beaumarchais which is nestled in a quiet and small street and located at only 10 minutes by walking until the famous Place des Vosges of the Marais area.

I took well note of your comments regarding the decoration of the hotel and I am really sorry if it has not been at the level of your expectations.
I present you all my sincere apologies and I hope to have another opportunity to better welcome you at the Villa Beaulmarchais.

Yours faithfully,

V. Barbe, the manager.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Do not stay here it is a health hazard, a/c broken, staff incredibly Rude, cut my self on broken tile, room stunk of cigar smoke and we asked for a none smoking room. We asked for clean towels and are still waiting 3 weeks later.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Hoons69

I thank you for your feedback and I sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience you had to live through staying with us.
Indeed, this does not reflect the guest service attitude we are claiming to deliver.

I ensure you that I had a very serious meeting with our housekeeping service & desk team about your remarks and that measures have been taken in order it never happen again.

I present you again all my apologies for the bad treatment you received and I would be more than happy to have the chance to welcome you again in our hotel in the future and to give you another image of our service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to.

Yours sincerely,