“Old fashioned charm”

Ranked #503 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Belleville, New Jersey
“Old fashioned charm”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in May 2014. The front of the hotel is plain and not anything remarkable and sits in a corner on a tight little 1 way street. Once entering, you are greeted by friendly staff who immediately make you feel at home! The concierge politely informed me she would be happy to communicate in French or English, it was my choice. Certainly this was departure from what people I knew back home said of what to expect from potentially "snobby" hotel staff. The room was quiet and cozy (small - but this is the norm) and just fine. It has an old fashioned real key to the room that you must deposit at the desk when leaving for the day, I quickly became trustful of this and it was a nice touch when returning from a day of sight-seeing the concierge would retrieve the key on seeing us approaching from a distance! The wifi in our room was super fast. I would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frank A
guestrelationshdpgrp, Responsable relations clients at Villa Beaumarchais, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Frank,

I would like to thank you for taking time sharing your experience in our Villa Beaumarchais.

I am really delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, specially our quiet & cosy rooms, our wifi and also our front team service. I will transmit them your nice comment and I am sure they will appreciate it a lot ! It is a great reward for all of us !

Looking very much forward welcoming you again in our nice city.

With our best regards,

Virginie Barbe - Manager of the Villa Beaumarchais ****

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here April 2013

Weekend City Break at a lovely hotel, rooms very comfortable. Staff very pleasant and were happy to serve us a drink and some food although we arrived very late.

We had a room overlooking the courtyard, it was very peaceful for a good night’s sleep. We did not eat in the hotel apart from Breakfast and went out to local bars and restaurants (of which there is loads!)

Ideal location for walking to a lot of the sights and if you can’t walk the metro is close by. I downloaded the Tripadvisor “City Guide” App which I have to say was excellent for getting around the city, eating out, and tourist information.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leebak64
guestrelationshdpgrp, Responsable relations clients at Villa Beaumarchais, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience at the Villa Beaumarchais.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel location, staff service and room comfort. Your message is our best reward for our daily investment in improving our offer.

I hope to have another time the pleasure to welcome you in Paris.

With many thanks again,

My best regards,

Tucson
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights and it was a great place to be. The location is terrific, very close to the lively Marais and near the Bastille. The several metro stops/lines are very close and there are many restaurants and places to visit nearby. The hotel is down a side street from a busy street, but all of the rooms face onto a center courtyard, so it is very quiet. The room was lovely, in an old Parisian way, with good space and a very large bathroom and nice closet space. The weather was quite cool when we were there, and we were able to open the windows and have lots of fresh air. The staff was outstanding and very helpful making reservations, answering questions, and making suggestions. The breakfasts were quite good. We will definitely stay here again.

3 Thank Pat B
guestrelationshdpgrp, Responsable relations clients at Villa Beaumarchais, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Pat,

Thank you for choosing our Villa Beaumarchais and taking time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. I am really delighted to read that your stay at the Villa Beaumarchais was enjoyable.

Please be ensured that your compliments have been shared with our whole team and every one has been sincerely touched.

I thank you again for your compliments which are a real reward for our team investment and I hope to have the great pleasure to welcome you again at the Villa Beaumarchais.

With kindest regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

lovely hotel, rooms very comfortable. Staff very plesant and helpful. We were there with two other couples and had a great time and would highly recommend this hotel. Day time reception staff were very good at their job and we
received a warm welcome on arrival. We all had rooms overlooking the courtyard, it was very peaceful for a good nights sleep. We did not eat in the hotel and went out to local cafes for breakfast so I cannot comment on the restaurant or the food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard its very peaceful
2 Thank kayla64
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for your nice comment about your stay at the Villa Beaumarchais. I am delighted that you felt comfortable in our rooms and that you had a good night sleep.

Guest remarks are essential for us to improve our work day after day and it is very precious for us when a guest takes time to write a note.

The whole team joins me to thank you again and we hope to welcome you again in our beautiful Paris !

With my kindest regards,

Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a few days before and during a Road Scholar Program. It is conveniently located near two metro stops, within walking distance of lots of sights, restaurants and shops. When I lost my wallet, the staff, particularly Adrien and Claudia, were wonderful in helping me make the necessary phone calls to my banks and very sympathetic as well. The breakfast and bar are in a delightful area of the hotel. The furnishings and care are excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tag0707
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your great comment about our Villa Beaumarchais. It is really nice of you to take time to share your experience with the other internet users.

I have transmitted your compliments to the whole team and everyone (specially Claudia & Adrien !) was sincerely touched by it. I am glad to read that in spite of your loss & owing to us, you will keep a good memory of your stay in Paris

We really hope to welcome you again at the Villa Beaumarchais.

With warm regards,

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We recently stayed for 10 nights at the Villa Beaumarchais and made it our base for Paris and day trips. We found a great deal on this hotel through an air and hotel package on Travelocity and therefore decided to give it a try.

It is a nice little hotel tucked away on a side street on the eastern edge of the Marais. Very convenient to the Marais and to the Bastille neighborhood. Due to its location, it is a very quiet hotel and you get the feeling of living in a neighborhood rather than a busy tourist area. There are a couple of Metro stops nearby and tons of restaurants and shopping right nearby. The fabulous Merci concept store is just up the street (don't miss it!) and a sign that this part of the Marais is getting seriously hip.

Our room was a corner room with nice light and windows that open. That's a good thing because the room was quite warm and we opened them every time we were in the room to cool off and get fresh air. With the windows open it was very pleasant. The room itself was nicely sized for a European hotel and the bathroom was huge!

If I have a quibble with this hotel it is basically the lobby. It tries to carry off a hunting lodge motif, however it comes off more like an American Holiday Inn. It needs a serious refurbishment. If you want a real Parisian atmosphere there are better options nearby.

The staff was absolutely lovely. Unfailingly friendly, helpful and smiling--every single one of them but especially Adrian.

A couple of final notes: first as others have mentioned, the elevator in this hotel is problematic. It broke on the second day of our stay and stayed that way for 4-5 days. Not a serious problem but we were up 4 flights of stairs and it wasn't great to hike up to our room after a long day of walking. Second, I am not sure that I would call this a 4-star hotel. It is a solid 3 to 3 1/2 stars but things like the outdated lobby, the inadequate air conditioning, the cheap plastic glasses in the room, the broken elevator bring it down in my mind. All things that could easily be fixed and you would have a serious gem of a hotel.

In retrospect, I would say this is a nice place to stay if you get it at the right price and don't go into it with 4-star expectations.

Room Tip: Get a corner room for more windows and light. Higher floors are brighter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bhtpa
guestrelationshdpgrp, Responsable relations clients at Villa Beaumarchais, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write us your comments about your stay at the Villa Beaumarchais.

I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our hotel and its great location. I have shared your very nice remarks about our team with the whole staff and everyone was sincerely touched by it.

I present you all my apologies about the technical problem with the elevator, this issue has been solved now. I also took well note about the air conditioning and the plastic glass in the room.

All the team look very much forward welcoming you again at the Villa Beaumarchais.

With my best regards,

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed for a week at this hotel and enjoyed the location but our room was a bit shabby and not like the ones on the website. I had to ask them to clean a stain on the bathroom floor (which turned out to be rust from a screw under the toilet) and there were also some cracked tiles on the bathroom floor. I also had to ask for some proper glasses for water as the only ones provided were thin plastic tumblers in the bathroom. The staff responded promptly to my requests and were very friendly and helpful but this did not seem like a four-star hotel to me.

1 Thank AKB114
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about our Villa Beaumarchais. We are always very grateful to receive our guest feed back. It is the best way for us to improve ourselves.

I am delighted to learn that our great hotel location and our staff service suited you. I am sorry that you did not see the four glasses we put on the top of mini bar and that you did not like our lobby decoration.

I present my apologies for the cracked tiles in your room that have been changed recently.

We really hope to have another opportunity to welcome you again in our nice city !

With kindest regards,