It is hard to know where to start! Was it good? Well the location is excellent, it could not be better located! But does this hotel deserve it's excellence status from Tripadvisor....I didn't experience this. On arrival my booking wasn't found, after presenting my hard copy of my confirmation it was found. I had booked a premier studio but asked if it was possible to look at a one bedroom apartment if it was available. I was advised that it was available and I could upgrade. So off I went to look at the two rooms. On the Internet the room pictures are light and bright and reasonably modern. The studio on ground floor I saw was dark, depressing and looked absolutely nothing like the rooms advertised online! To quote the reception, "madam the pictures online are not contractual" and let me say this is utter truth! So because I had paid in full with no refund option I took the one bedroom apartment on the first floor as it was marginally less horrible and much bigger than the studio. It was dark, depressingly old, the air con didn't work, the fridge didn't work, the cupboard was broken, the couch extremely old. after bursting into tears and considering checking out altogether and booking somewhere else my mother rang up and demanded to speak with the manager and demanded a room that had a working fridge and that somewhat resembled what was portrayed online!! This lead to us finally going to a third room on the fourth floor which was much better, lots of light and reasonably modern feeling and we were happy with this room. This was a 2hour experience and plain awful start to our trip to paris. There were many occasions where we felt the front desk either plain ignored us, answered us in French to an English question or were just plain rude. However there occasions where they were very pleasant and friendly....this was very dependent on who you spoke to. Other issues, the room was tidy but not overly clean, I don't think the window sill in our rooms had been cleaned in years, they rang asking me to pay for the upgrade on day 3. When I advised them I had paid it on day 1 they said they had no record of it (just like check in) and that there was FIVE messages in their system from another staff member requesting finalization of payment for our upgrade. So I went to the front desk with my receipt to prove I had paid, and by the time I had got there they found it (and he was v apologetic about it).
My advice is that if you stay in this hotel be aware that what you see on the Internet is only some rooms. Only stay on a high floor (we were on 4 and it was
good, lots of light) and I would book the best room you could afford.....we could not have stayed in the first two rooms we saw and were much happier in the third room shown to us and very happy to pay the extra 120euro per night for it (therefore we paid ~350euro per night). Service doesn't seem to be a priority for some staff either. Location is excellent, but perhaps a boutique hotel in the same area would be a nicer, friendlier experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the Seine, Apart'hotel Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Prés Paris is set in the heart of the Latin Quarter. Soak up the truly exceptional atmosphere of the famous Boulevards Saint-Michel and Saint-Germain, its narrow streets and its art galleries. You'll have front-row seats to a historical performance. In addition to numerous bus routes, you can count on Metro lines 4 and 7 as well as RER lines B (direct to Charles de Gaulle Airport) and C to get you where you need to go. Our reception is open 24/7. Since parking in this district can prove something of a challenge, a private car park (charges apply) is available. Because we are committed to guaranteeing you an exceptional stay, enjoy our many lounge areas, where coffee and tea are available, as well as our fitness room. Your Apart Hotel offers you an uninterrupted view of the banks of the Seine and its bookshops that will plunge you into a typically Parisian atmosphere. The Pont-Neuf, the oldest bridge in Paris, is directly opposite your door. Cross it to reach the Ile de la Cité and Notre-Dame. You can then head off to drink a hot chocolate at the Café de Flore, one of the iconic institutions of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. In the afternoon, why not go to sample one of the famed ice-creams at Berthillon, on the Ile Saint-Louis? But perhaps you would prefer to go shopping along Rue de Buci, visit the Louvre or stroll along the paths of the Luxembourg gardens. For your evening, don't forget to book a theatre seat at the Théâtre de la Ville, the Théâtre de l'Odéon or the Théâtre du Châtelet. Whether you are in Paris on business or for your holidays, our serviced apartments hotel offers you modern accommodation that is suited to your needs. From our studios for one or two people to our two-room apartments for three or four, all offer a fully equipped kitchen, cable television, air conditioning and complementary WiFi. Personalise your stay with a whole range of à la carte services: daily housekeeping, laundry and dry cleaning, buffet breakfast and flexible modular meeting rooms with views of the Seine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Saint-Germain-Des-Pres Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris
- Citadines St Germain Des Pres