“Great location!”

Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris
Ranked #290 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The good:
Lovely location right on the Seine. Very convenient to Metro. A few minutes' walk to Notre Dame, St. Michelle. Slightly longer walk to the Latin Quarter, Louvre. Long walk to the Tuileries, Eiffel Tower, Champ du Mars.
Very close to the train to Versailles.
The room was larger than any hotel I have stayed in in Europe, with an efficiency kitchen (we never used it, we ate at the myriad of restaurants nearby)
Free wifi in the room and in the lobby, as long as you are a hotel guest.
The bad:
Avoid the breakfast buffet. Really not worth the price for what you get. There are thousands of restaurants right outside with better food and lower prices.
The staff's understanding of customer service varied greatly from person to person. The staff mistakenly put us in the wrong room. It was a lovely apartment suite, far too big for the two of us, but we didn't realize it was a mistake, so we unpacked all of our stuff, took naps and everything. I came out of the SHOWER to find another party in our room--apparently the front desk had given them the key, too! They left, and about half an hour later, hotel staff came in without knocking or anything (clearly they had to know there were people in the room at this point). A few minutes after that, the front desk called and told us we had to leave the room as soon as possible.
We understood that we did not book the gigantic suite, and we had no problem moving, we just did not like the way the staff handled it, like it was our fault that they assigned us the wrong room. Anyway, after my husband made a fuss, they ended up giving us free breakfast in the morning, which was nice.

My advice: if your room is not what you expected, double-check with the desk before you get comfortable. And don't think people can't burst in on you just because you have the door locked!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard. The suites are enormous.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank katiegray72
Write a ReviewReviews (1,944)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently spent 10 days at his lovely apt hotel in Paris.Unfortunately my IPad was stolen from my room one evening when my friend and I went out for dinner. Apparently we had not closed our fifth floor room door properly. I went to report the theft the next morning and upon arriving in the lobby saw a police presence there. I discovered when I went to the police station to make a report that guests in the hotel breakfast room that morning had had their pockets picked ! Needless to say I was rather surprised . The police told me that theft is a real problem in Paris . Hopefully this is an isolated incident for the hotel as it is in a great location and the staff are very pleasant and multilingual. I am fluent in French and have been to Paris many times and have never had anything stollen. Next time in Paris I will rent an apartment and not stay in a hotel as I think it is more secure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travellerover60
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The best location in Paris. Close to Notre Dame and in the Latin Quarter, close to shops, restaurants, cafes. Wonderful central location. Big rooms, free coffee all day. Great service. Very clean. Wonderful experience for a family of five, with 3 small children.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Magz1105
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my fifth time staying here. I love being minutes away from Notre Dame, the Louvre, Pont d'Arts, St Michel, Jardin du Luxembourg. I plan to stay there again this August! Staff friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Most favorable feature is convenient location to sites and to metro. Excellent and reasonable restaurants nearby. Hard to beat the location. Our room had no view but was clean and was adequate. Friendliness of the desk clerks varied. One seemed annoyed to provide change for bill so we could provide tips; whereas one girl went out of her way to help us get a luggage scale.
The continental breakfast is added to the bill so eat well or not at all. With the exception of its location which is a big plus, hotel was otherwise average to slightly above.

Room Tip: our room was assigned and did not have a view, front of hotel would be best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray S
Reviewed 22 May 2014

It has been mentioned by other reviewers, the best thing about this hotel is its location. It is very near cafes, grocery stores, and the notre dame. Saint germain is a few minute walk away from the hotel too. The size of the apartment, in comparisson to the usual paris hotel rooms, is big. Our room is clean and the hotel provided light housekeeping during out stay. The trash was removed, our beds were made, the bathroom was cleaned and towels were changed if left on the floor. We appreciated that the hotel provided complimentary coffee/tea/water in the lobby. My only complaint wa that bed mattesses were not comfortable. I recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here if I go back to Paris.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank anufangava
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We absolutely loved this location. We stayed for 10 days for our 40th Anniversary. The location was close to the metro, traiin and many of the historic sites, including Notre Dame, Sainte Chappelle, etc. We were just around the corner from many great restaurants and small shops and loved strolling along the Seine and visiting the Bouquinistes along the way. At the end of the block was a wonderful outdoor creperie that I visited almost daily for a guilty pleasure.

The staff was very helpful in giving directions, contacting our shuttle service, summoning a taxi and doing everything they could to make our stay perfect. the staff had learned that it was our anniversary and placed champagne and a sweet note wishing us a happy honeymoon in our room.

After reading negative comments on the size of many hotel rooms, we were a bit apprehensive, but The room was as large as our master bedroom at home, so we felt very comfortable. Americans need to remember that apartments and hotel rooms are not as large as American ones. The mattress was nice and firm and having control of our own heat was wonderful as was opening our windows on warmer days. The bathtub was a great soaking tub and it was a relief after long days of walking to soak in the tub with the bath salts provided.

We enjoyed the 24 hour coffee, hot chocolate service and looked forward to our "nightcap" as the end to every perfect day. We would not hesitate to stay at this location again. Thank you for all you did to make my dreams come true in "April in Paris!" I felt like I was in a made for TV romance movie!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple