This hotel really is an amazing place to stay. Paris rooms are usually quite small, and completely overpriced if you plan on being close to any landmarks; however the Citadines Prestige Saint Germain isn't one of them.
First of all, the staff is very friendly. For those who don't speak much French or have never been to Paris, they will take the time to show you some helpful hints on a personal map to keep you from getting ripped off (which will likely happen your first time here). Secondly, as much as you're hoping to rush out and spend the €8 on a cappuccino while you sit in a cafe along the Seine, be prepared to save a little cash as the hotel offers this plus fruit for free at all hours of the day.
The rooms are spacious, even to American standards, and each has a kitchenette even a Parisian would be jealous of. There is a €12 tariff for each day of your stay' that includes the free coffee/hot chocolate/tea, free wifi, free filtered water, and all room cleaning.
The hotel itself is only a 5 minute walk from Notre-Dame and the Louvre, 10 minute walk from the Pantheon, and 30-45 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. If you're feeling adventurous, there are multiple Vélib' (bike rental) stations surrounding the hotel that will save you tons of precious Euros and cut your commute time by 2/3. Purchase a 7 day pass online for €4 and save yourself even more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the Seine, Apart'hotel Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Prés Paris is set in the heart of the Latin Quarter. Soak up the truly exceptional atmosphere of the famous Boulevards Saint-Michel and Saint-Germain, its narrow streets and its art galleries. You'll have front-row seats to a historical performance. In addition to numerous bus routes, you can count on Metro lines 4 and 7 as well as RER lines B (direct to Charles de Gaulle Airport) and C to get you where you need to go. Our reception is open 24/7. Since parking in this district can prove something of a challenge, a private car park (charges apply) is available. Because we are committed to guaranteeing you an exceptional stay, enjoy our many lounge areas, where coffee and tea are available, as well as our fitness room. Your Apart Hotel offers you an uninterrupted view of the banks of the Seine and its bookshops that will plunge you into a typically Parisian atmosphere. The Pont-Neuf, the oldest bridge in Paris, is directly opposite your door. Cross it to reach the Ile de la Cité and Notre-Dame. You can then head off to drink a hot chocolate at the Café de Flore, one of the iconic institutions of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. In the afternoon, why not go to sample one of the famed ice-creams at Berthillon, on the Ile Saint-Louis? But perhaps you would prefer to go shopping along Rue de Buci, visit the Louvre or stroll along the paths of the Luxembourg gardens. For your evening, don't forget to book a theatre seat at the Théâtre de la Ville, the Théâtre de l'Odéon or the Théâtre du Châtelet. Whether you are in Paris on business or for your holidays, our serviced apartments hotel offers you modern accommodation that is suited to your needs. From our studios for one or two people to our two-room apartments for three or four, all offer a fully equipped kitchen, cable television, air conditioning and complementary WiFi. Personalise your stay with a whole range of à la carte services: daily housekeeping, laundry and dry cleaning, buffet breakfast and flexible modular meeting rooms with views of the Seine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotelopia and Agoda so you can book your Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Saint-Germain-Des-Pres Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris
- Citadines St Germain Des Pres