“If you want better you will have to pay more” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Residence La Concorde

Hotel Residence La Concorde
Ranked #1,554 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Bedford, Massachusetts
“If you want better you will have to pay more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

If you are planning to spend your trip in the hotel, well this is not for you, on the other hand if you do not mind a hard bed and limited service for a low cost (Paris low cost, in Boston the same place in the center of the city would cost you1/2 the price) well then rent with confidence.
The hotel is centrally located in a safe area, 1/2 a block away from a large metro station and walking distance from the Louvre, the opera house, and about 30 minutes walk from just about everything, many, many stores, (my wife was very happy to find out the chanel store is 1 block away)
Great breakfast (included)
Internet is also include although not a strong signal
The people working the hotel could not be more accommodating and happy to help us with a smile. I read on one of the review about the elevator and yes, it is very small, you can't fit 2 people and 2 suitcases, but we need to understand, it is a low cost place in the center of the city. The elevator was added to the building and at least it has an elevator for 2 people. It is an old building and all the fixtures are old, but they work fine, plenty of hot water. I guess for me the only thing I did not like was the bed, way too uncomfortable, the room phone did not work either.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 5th floor and heard nothing from the street or the other rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank freddylada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

The best location in Paris. Simple hotel not at all plush. Basic rooms clean but tired. NO AC just portable machines. Service very kind and helpful. They even let me check in at 1030 in the morning! AND with a smile! Breakfast was simple but large and varied. This is a hotel in a fantastic location surrounded by hotels charging at least twice as much if not 3 or 4 times!

Room Tip: Some rooms can be very small.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Roomchecker007
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Paris has a reputation for small, over-priced and lower quality hotel rooms and this is a great example of it. The location is great and the staff was very friendly, but I would not recommend it (and it pales in comparison to the other hotel we visited). This place could be nice if they spent some time and money on renovations.
When we arrived the lights didn't work, and the AC wasn't even hooked up (fortunately it was a cool/rainy night). The bathroom was larger than expected and relatively clear albeit dated with cracks and settling. I couldn't walk on the carpet in the room without my shoes or socks, and the bed was hard... think church camp mattress on a piece of plywood hard.
NOTICE!!! For "men of size" like myself, the lift has a 120kg (265 pound) weight limit... and that includes luggage. The "lowest" rooms are on the 3rd floor and I was on the 5th. Those old spiral staircases get rough, especially after a long day of playing tourist... and they were VERY POORLY LIT.
I had very low expectations for this place despite the high rate... would NOT recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

this hotel is ok, rooms were nice and big but batrhoom quite small. the food was nothing special very basic. it is very close to metro and shops and restaurants and main sightseeing . basic 3 star hotel so dont expect luxury. though i would go back as the price is good.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

if you overlook the location (which is excellent) everything SUCKS! seriously. the rooms are in dire need of attention, but im even willing to overlook that, it just annoys me when im not getting what i paid for. my boyfriend and i try to book places that includes breakfast in the price of the room, usually we save money that way. well, not this time. we stayed for 3 nights, the first morning we went for breakfast, no clean tables. we had to clear dirty plates off one of the tables and ask a fellow diner if we could use the spare tea cups at his table as there were none anywhere and no staff members around. the other tables weren't cleared until after my partner and i had finished. the breakfast itself was very average, basic continental but don't trust the ham :/ the 2nd day was the same again.. a woman who worked there did make an appearance once but all i saw her do was refill the orange juice then chat to the receptionist regardless of the fact that the basket of chocolate croissants was empty... and the 3rd morning was worse! there was no food. literally. my partner managed to snag two croissants and a slice of bread for the 2 of us. that's it. a group of guests came down, saw there was nothing and left. the woman working in the kitchen walked past the empty trays a number of times and did nothing. and to top it off, as we were checking out we asked if a taxi could be called for us to take us to the train station (about 6 minutes away, cost us 8 euro by taxi to get from there to the hotel) the receptionist told us not to worry, they offer a driver as part of their service, implying its a free service they provide.. when we g. ot to the station however, we were told it was 25euro! so we forked out a fair bit for accommodation in a great area but with a shocking excuse for breakfast, poor rooms and a very expensive taxi service. my advice- stay a few minutes further away from the main attractions and it'll save you the feeling of being robbed. the end.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Dani M
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

I had a twin room, the hotel had no comparison whatsoever to the description on the the internet and photos. Bathrooms were not clean at all, bedrooms were not comfortable and above all staff was very rude. I checked out next morning and found another nearby hotel which was very competitive in price and they offered an excellent service. I strongly believe the description of hotel is very misleading on the internet and i would never stay or recommend to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Its a poor qualiy hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is my 1st time to Paris on my own and I don't speak French. Was a little apprehensive about the trip as I've heard a lot of stories about how unsafe Paris can be. However, I had a great 3 stay at this hotel. It's central to the attractions, conveniently located to the metro and most importantly, it is really safe there. It was such a WOW moment for me to exit the Concorde Paris Metro station and to behold the Place de la Concorde and Eiffel Tower and it only took me about 10 minutes to walk to and locate the hotel from there. I walked to musee du Lourve, musee d'orsay, musee l'orangerie, place de l'opera, galeries lafayette, printemps, champs elysees, Arc de Triomphe and crossed the River Seine. Rather than queue at the designer boutiques at Galeries Lafayette (was so surprised to see the crowd on Day 1 of my visit doing that), I could walk in leisurely and peruse the items at the boutiques conveniently located around the hotel (did that on the final day of my visit). Great service - My room is clean, made up everyday and I appreciate that it is kept warm for me after braving the Paris winter. Mohamed (MoMo) was very prompt and helpful in addressing my concerns. Will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Paris.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo