Maison Armance
  • Restaurant
US$1,299
US$1,132
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have only just got around to writing this review as I needed time to think about my experience.
I am a seasoned traveller and have stayed in major cities all over the world and I have to say after a lot of thought this hotel really was the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in.
Firstly, the word 'hotel' is a little misleading. The word 'residence' is more accurate.
You go through some mysterious doors to a shabby courtyard and up 3 flights of old, musty stairs and you find 'reception' The lift didn't work.
I was checked into the 5th floor and it was like a scene from misery. No heating, no wifi, an ancient room and a 'kitchenette' mysteriously padlocked shut in the corner of the room?
I immediately went down to reception and asked for another room and was moved next to breakfast room. The room was more bearable but again old and dated, mouldy, cold, and they provide 'mini' towels that you cant even wrap around you!
After one sleepless night I decided there was no way I could be here for 12 nights and went to see the manager, Momo. He agreed I could leave after one more night without charge.
He also told me I had insulted him and all other guests by giving him feedback!
When I returned that evening he cornered me and called me a 'liar' and said I had lied to booking.com about my reasons for wanting to leave (I have lots of photos)
His whole style was menacing and threatening and he tries to control you by initimidation.
There is a horrible atmosphere here and you can imagine how well I slept, and checked out at 7am the next morning, feeling like I had survived some sort of challenge!
Its beyond me how this place gets ANY good reviews but its also interesting to see others say how intimidated they were by the manager.
A truly AWFUL experience, don't stay there!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Darren W
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This place should be shut down. Not only is the owner mean and a crook, the state of the hotel is so dirty, old, shabby and grimy. The phone didn't work, the hairdryer was about from 1960. There was hair all over the bathroom. The wallpaper was coming off the walls. The breakfast was pathetic. Do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel at all costs.

Room Tip: There aren't any. They are so dirty, old and basically non-functional. Please avoid.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jlp678
Reviewed 20 October 2013

If you are planning to spend your trip in the hotel, well this is not for you, on the other hand if you do not mind a hard bed and limited service for a low cost (Paris low cost, in Boston the same place in the center of the city would cost you1/2 the price) well then rent with confidence.
The hotel is centrally located in a safe area, 1/2 a block away from a large metro station and walking distance from the Louvre, the opera house, and about 30 minutes walk from just about everything, many, many stores, (my wife was very happy to find out the chanel store is 1 block away)
Great breakfast (included)
Internet is also include although not a strong signal
The people working the hotel could not be more accommodating and happy to help us with a smile. I read on one of the review about the elevator and yes, it is very small, you can't fit 2 people and 2 suitcases, but we need to understand, it is a low cost place in the center of the city. The elevator was added to the building and at least it has an elevator for 2 people. It is an old building and all the fixtures are old, but they work fine, plenty of hot water. I guess for me the only thing I did not like was the bed, way too uncomfortable, the room phone did not work either.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 5th floor and heard nothing from the street or the other rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank freddylada
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The best location in Paris. Simple hotel not at all plush. Basic rooms clean but tired. NO AC just portable machines. Service very kind and helpful. They even let me check in at 1030 in the morning! AND with a smile! Breakfast was simple but large and varied. This is a hotel in a fantastic location surrounded by hotels charging at least twice as much if not 3 or 4 times!

Room Tip: Some rooms can be very small.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Roomchecker007
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Paris has a reputation for small, over-priced and lower quality hotel rooms and this is a great example of it. The location is great and the staff was very friendly, but I would not recommend it (and it pales in comparison to the other hotel we visited). This place could be nice if they spent some time and money on renovations.
When we arrived the lights didn't work, and the AC wasn't even hooked up (fortunately it was a cool/rainy night). The bathroom was larger than expected and relatively clear albeit dated with cracks and settling. I couldn't walk on the carpet in the room without my shoes or socks, and the bed was hard... think church camp mattress on a piece of plywood hard.
NOTICE!!! For "men of size" like myself, the lift has a 120kg (265 pound) weight limit... and that includes luggage. The "lowest" rooms are on the 3rd floor and I was on the 5th. Those old spiral staircases get rough, especially after a long day of playing tourist... and they were VERY POORLY LIT.
I had very low expectations for this place despite the high rate... would NOT recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends