“A great location and great night sleep!”

Mercure Paris Notre Dame Saint Germain des Pres
Ranked #835 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Bellevue, Washington
“A great location and great night sleep!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great location and staff. It was a perfect hotel and location for 4 days in Paris to see the sights. Each day we were gone by 8am and didn't return until after dark. Room was tiny and not a lot of space for bags. The bathroom was a good size and had a good shower. Beds were comfortable and the windows kept out the street noise. I will probalby stay here again on my next trip to paris.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jrparks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Two blocks from Siene, Notre Dame, restaurants and fun! First time in paris and we were a bit afraid. Yes, the rooms are tiny. So are all rooms in most places in Paris Center. The rooms were immaculate and well tended. Great new beds. The rooms facing street were noisy but had with a great view. The ones facing the alley had no view but were very quiet. The service was great. Breakfast was perfect and plentiful. Good selection; great coffee! The decor was elegant and slick. Wireless was great. Just one block from the Cluny-Soborne Train stop. We got to and from CDG airport in less than an hour - one straight shot. Can't beat the quality, location, and value. we will surely return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I recently stayed here for 1 week with my girlfriend. The hotel staff were very friendly & welcoming on arrival & throughout our stay. The hotel is located in a great area for bars & some really good restaurants. It's only a 5 minute walk to Notre Dame & 15 - 30 minutes to most other attractions. It is also only 5 minutes walk to the train station that will take you directly to Versailles. The downside to the hotel is that the rooms are very small, in the room that we stayed in there were no mirrors in the bedroom, the bathroom had plenty which made it awkward for my girlfriend to get ready when the mirrors were all steamed up.
The walls in the hotel are paper thin & you can here the next room taking a shower & using the toilet at 3am. Unfortunately for us, our stay coincided with several inconsiderate guests that were very noisy until 2 am talking & shouting etc.

Would I stay here again? Yes based on the location, price & the hope that next time I stayed, other guests would be more quiet

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dazzydazzlo
Rugby
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The best location for exploring the Quartier Latin....... so convenient for everything, yet off the beaten track. Fantastically helpful staff, especially Melanie and Patrick on front desk. ok, the rooms are small (ok, TINY!!!), and for someone of 90kg and 1m 86cm, the shower was less than wonderful.....but everything was spotlessly clean and well maintained. Full marks to the management for achieving such a high standard on such a difficult site. Loads of good eateries nearby, and bookshops for all, and I mean ALL, tastes. I'll be back!!!!!

Room Tip: get a room fronting the Rue Sommerard. You can watch the world go by from the open window, and take...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Iain Richard S
Virginie K, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Notre Dame Saint Germain des Pres, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you for posting this very positive and detailed feed back about our hotel.

I am glad to know that you enjoy you stay with us.

This will be a pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel and do not hesitate to contact us directly for your future reservation.

Best Regards

Virginie KETTERING
Coppell, Texas, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We've stayed in several hotels throughout Europe but this was definitely the smallest one yet. The front desk was friendly and helpful throughout our stay, but by choosing a great location the room was absolutely tiny. But we were in Paris just for the weekend and didn't spend much time in the room anyway so it was worth the convenience. We chose a room on the courtyard side to ensure that it was quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lorie S
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We just returned from spending 10 days in Paris. It was truly a dream come true. I chose this hotel since it was recommended on Froders Travel and because of its reviews for location. It is 3 blocks away from Notre Dame and in the opposite direction another 3-4 blocks from the Pantheon. Its also right by the Sorbonne and everything is relatively cheaper as far as food is concerned. The Metro is also two blocks away from the hotel and your can rent bikes right in front of the hotel. If you walk up two blocks up Rue St. Jacques make sure to make a left on Rue St. Severin, here you will find a few interconnecting streets where you will find great food to eat, anything from French, Spanish, Greek, Italian and its even better at night. Also check out a bar called Havana St. Michel. This bar is on St. Jacques but right across from St. Severin. If you haven't tried Havana Club rum 7 years, its a must. I am a Cuban-American and don't get to experience it often, but it is the best rum I have ever tried. The Grey Goose of rums, if you will. We had breakfast every morning at Rendez Vous St. Germain, on St. Germain which is right up the block from the hotel. Food there was great and not that expensive. If your big on comic's make sure to check out Album Comic's right across the street from the hotel. They have a little bit of everything, my husband was thrilled to find this. It's a safe area at all hours of the day, never felt worried about walking late at night back to our hotel. The hotel room itself is small, I expected this, but didn't worry too much about it. The bathroom is small and you don't have much privacy. One thing I must note is the high bathtub. This could be an issue if you have knee problems. You could easily lose your balance getting out of the shower as I almost did, but was more careful the next time. The water pressure and hot water is good, which is important to me. Other than that, the hotel met my expectations and It is in a perfect location. *Above all please be aware of the gypsies. There aren't many near the hotel, but mostly in and around the tourist area. Especially at the Eiffel Tower and Sacre Couer in Montmartre, they come right up to you and ask if you are American or speak English. Just say no and walk away, they have a paper and pen and are asking for your information. Not sure what they are trying to do with it, but they were aggressive about trying to get your information. It is better to be aware of these things and be a cautious traveler. Over all we had an amazing time and can't wait to book our next vacation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Noujix
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

After a particularly horrendous stay at a nearby budget hotel, I showed up without a reservation and fingers crossed. The girl at the front desk,(I'm sorry I cannot remember her name, was most kind and professional.) It was fairly booked and she gave me a single on the 4th floor for 130e per night. Although others have mentioned the size and or view of the rooms, I've been lucky to travel to Paris many times and believe me, it's fine here as far as that goes. My window overlooked nothing but it opened!(and was quiet.) The bed was exceptionally comfy with lots of pillows. There was a flat screen I never turned on, a desk area and a kettle. Ample closet space. So why only 4stars? A little frig would've been nice. And the shower. It had a curtain that was clingy and Im not large. So with every shower you had to kinda peel it off you. The amenities weren't replaced. Towels were and housekeeping was very nice but, I don't think one should have to pick up their amenities at a certain time at the front desk. Yes, that's what the front desk said when I called. And clearly the gentlemen was overworked when my key card didn't work. Doors were slammed by uncaring quests which is by no means the hotels fault. You do hear noise. At checkout they charged more for a tax which is usually included but no biggie. Another young gal was calm and collected as she assured me my taxi would arrive. I usually take the RER to the airport but not this trip.
The location can't be beat! I usually and probably will continue to rent a studio in Paris, but I loved the Latin Quarter this short trip, and I recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo