“Disappointed”
Review of The Bombardier

The Bombardier
Ranked #43 of 445 Nightlife in Paris
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

24/0514 We were enjoying the play off football match Derby v QPR when at half time the TV channel was changed on the TV we were watching, the match was then put on a small TV which we could not see, the ready given when we asked was that Rugby was about to start. The TV were were watching is now showing what looks like a soap opera! We have Spent at least €50 euro whilst watching this match and find it very rude that we can not enjoy the 2nd half of the Game?
We frequently visit our Daughter who lives locally and as my husband is a avid football fan we always have a drink at the bombarder however after this visit we will not be returning.

There are newer reviews for The Bombardier

Reviewed 18 May 2014

English-style pub in the heart of Paris. The range of beers is OK, not outstanding. That said, I did enjoy a couple of quirky imports such as a sticky toffee pudding beer and a double chocolate. The food - if you are happy with traditional English fare such as bangers and mash - is also fine. For me, the main attraction is the sports TV. Shows all UK Sky Sports channels and is able to show two separate channels on different TVs at the same time (which allowed me to watch a League One football match while others watched the Formula 1). Clientele is curious mixture of mature English expats, young students from nearby university, and Americans that stumble in. In summary, worth stopping by if you're passing - but don't make a detour there unless you're after the sports on TV.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've made several visits to this pub, usually for a pre-dinner pint on the way to the Latin Quarter. Very atmospheric with half-timbered walls, bar decorations, English posters etc. A lot of students hang out here since the University of Paris is next door. The pub is in an alley close to the Pantheon and in nice weather, you can sit outdoors and do some people watching.
Good but over-priced beer available on tap. My usual is the French brewed Kronenbourg Blanc; a Summery wit beer with an apple flavor. At 7 Euros per pint, I only have one.
Bombardier offers a Sunday roast dinner but to my knowledge, the rest of the menu is just bar food. I have tried the pizza which was fresh and filling but nothing special.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

An actually british pub in the middle of Paris...lots of bars in paris claim to be pubs but the bombardier has the ales, decor, & quiz nights to back it up! very authentic. Definitely worth popping in for a pint or two.

1  Thank Jack S
Reviewed 10 September 2013

If you are looking for something different to eat after a few days in Paris, this place is for you. It is located at a corner behind Pantheon and next to St Stephen (St Etienne du Mont). It has the looks and feel of an English pub, and serves typical English breakfast, fish and chips, and few other things on the English menu. The curry vegetable was also very tasty. During our lunch, we saw mixture of the locals and tourist dinning here.