“Beautiful Theater, a Treasure”

Comedie-Francaise (Theatre Francais)
Ranked #301 of 1,865 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: France's national theater company is known throughout the world for its performances of works by drama greats like Moliere and Cocteau.
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I recommend that you attend a performance in this gorgeous theater. It might be hard to understand the dialogue, but the interior is worth the price of admission. I also recommend the gift store.

All reviews
"louvre"
in 4 reviews
"france"

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I have admired the performances and production for over thirty years. But this time, when I attempted to purchase tickets online at their site, the site told me, "No payment was taken, transaction failed."
When I tried a second time, I was successful. Only when I checked my bank, did I see they had charged me TWICE. When I brought this to their attention, they stated, "No refunds, no exchanges."
I have not yet been able to get them to reimburse me. I hope this is not a scam, nevertheless, be aware!

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Must to see for theatre lovers! Many french actors and actresses we love have a relatiob with Comedie-Francaise. This is real art, everything is impressive. Not necessary to know French, you need to go and watch a play. I watched "les damnes" it was really impressive performance and these people have carried theatre in a different place! Bravo! And it's very cheap!

Reviewed 27 May 2016

I have been to the Comedie Francaise on several trips to Paris and seen a variety of shows and I have never been disappointed by a performance there. Some of the best French theater out there, in fact, some of the best theater I've ever had the privilege to see. The theater itself is a beautiful and central location and there isn't a bad seat in the house. Certainly your experience will vary by performance but personally, I have never been let down or disappointed by any ticket I've ever had there. Even if your French skills are limited, you should be able to enjoy a show at this theater.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

The theatre offers a guided tour of the public areas on certain Saturdays, though only in French, I believe. We were expecting a fairly rapid tour of the main public areas which the website says lasts 90 minutes. Instead, we got a comprehensive and highly informative, if over-long, lecture lasting THREE hours! Not for the faint-hearted, nor anyone with less than university level French. Furthermore, the tour must be pre-booked and doesn't come cheap at 12 euros. Well worthwhile for the aficionado!