“Good location!!!”

Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards
Ranked #503 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here for easter holiday 18-21 april after looking at the picture of the room, price & read people's comments. I agree with them, this hotel is good for short holiday especially when you travel with children. There are many restaurants around and 2 mc Donalds just 500m left and right side the hotels. The room is ok for three of us, not so small. Fresh & newly renovated. Check in & out time was effective, friendly receptionist, and cleaner. Breakfast is standard: with bread, croissant, scrumble egg, fruits, yoghurt, cheese. But the waiters weren't friendly, sometime you have to tell them that something is finish!

The location is really good, near to most main tourist attractions. From charles de gaule airport just take RER train to Gare du Nord and then take Metro no 4 and stop at Saint Denis station. From there take no 8 or 9 and stop at Grand boulevard. Then sortie/out to Rue Montmatre. The hotel door is right in from of your nose :) . From hotel You can take Metro no 9 to the Eiffel tower and stop at Trocadero. We can just walk 15 min to the Opera House. If you want to BUY paris Pass, the shop is just few steps behind REX building.

The only complain was the taxi we booked from the hotel to Orly Airport. The price is 18€/person. The receptionist said 55€ Was fixed price and we had to Pay to the driver. But when we arrived at orly, my hubby gave him 60€ and he refused to pay back and said the trip cost 60€. He urged us to show the bill if the price was 55€. How could we show the bill when he didn't give us the bill not the hotel either. So my hubby was so angry and felt to be cheated. After arguments, he gave my hubby 5€ back. Pity, actually we don't mind to give tips but we don't like to be cheated. A nightmare to finish holiday in Paris ugh...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Si_mpok

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed here for four nights in March and loved it. The location is great, close to everything to be able to walk.

Yes the rooms are small but we didn't mind as we were never in our room anyway. It was clean and modern, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was great. Wifi was free and worked well for what we needed.

We didn't use the hotel breakfast as there were so many options nearby.

Service was great and all the reception staff were helpful and always had a smile which was much appreciated these days.

Would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank kiwi2403
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were staying here for 3 nights. The hotel is located right outside the grand boulevards metro station entrance which is convenient. And the metro line at the station goes directly to many places like trocadero square(eiffel tower).

We booked the superior room. The room we got(302) was clean and simple. Bed was comfortable, not too firm nor too soft. Perfect sleep for us! Bathroom was ok. TV was equipped with many channels also in english like BBC which is good.

Wifi/internet was not high speed internet, it was slow and took a while to load stuff like maps, googling etc. The aircondition was not functioning as expected. We nevere noticed any differences in 15 degrees celsius and 25. Breakfast was a bit pricy, but the offer was great. Staff was friendly and helpful in lobby/reception main entrance.

Definitely staying here again(but they need to fix the aircon and highspeed internet) due to the location and there is a great restaurant "Le Brébant" right outside the hotel which offer great wine and "fruits de mer".

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SthlmJoe
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear StockholmJ,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate issues with the WiFi prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Booked this hotel as the ones I normally use in Paris were booked. The location was very convenient for my business and being outside the Grands Boulevard Metro station is a real benefit. I had an excellent welcome when I arrived, an early check in, and was given room 902 on the 9th floor. I normally like a high room so was pleased. However, when I got to the room it was disappointing. Very small and only a hanging rail rather than a wardrobe. In addition there was a large table lamp next to the small TV and a tray with a kettle on which took up all the desk space so I had to put the lamp on the floor before I could do any work as there was no room for a laptop.
When I was going out for dinner in the evening I pushed the door to make sure it had locked only to find that it hadn't. I tried again and found that the door wouldn't lock. When I went to reception the lady was at first very helpful - no technician until the morning and fully booked. However, she asked me to pack my bag and would sort it when I came back down. I did this and when I returned she gave me room 900. A little frustrating as I had gone upstairs, packed, come back down only to be sent back up to the room next door!
Room 900 is better in that it is larger although the hanging rail isn't high enough to hang a suit jacket without it trailing on the floor so my jacket went on the back of a chair - poor design!!
So that's the negative part of my stay.
Now for the positive. A colleague who had a room on the 3rd floor was very positive about his room so ask for a lower floor.
The location, as I have mentioned is very good and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. We ate at Les Alchimistes, 16, Rue Favart, which was excellent.
The breakfast is very good. Nice selection of food in a very bright breakfast room.
The staff are really friendly.
Overall the hotel is OK and not bad value for money in Paris but avoid rooms on 9th floor

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a lower floor as the ones on 9th floor as very small. There are no fitness facilit...
1  Thank David J
HIOPERA, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry that you feel that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations, but anyhow I am glad that you appreciated the kindness of our staff.
For your next visit do not hesitate to book a Standard or a Superior room, instead of the Single. Our Single rooms are indeed a bit smaller and are apdated to very short stays for one or two nights. Standard rooms, as your colleague experienced, offer much more comfort.
Do not hesitate to contact me should you visit us again, it would be a pleasure to help you book the most suitable room for your needs.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here March 2014. Had a great welcome. Upgraded to a better room. View of the busy Grands Boulevard. Location is excellent. Walking distance tithe Louvre, Notre Dame. Lots of restaurants and cafés around. Get the petite breakfast in the hotel and save a bit of money; Paris is expensive. Good clean rooms. Comfortable.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Excellent time spent in this hotel.
The hotel facilities were the expected for an Holiday inn, meaning good price/quality ratio. But the staff sympathy and amiability were out of rate: EXCELLENT!!
Everyone were very helpful, specially Monsieur Mohamed that found us the best restaurant in town!

We will be back, for sure!
Marina Brito

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HIOPERA, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Let me thank you for having chosen the Holiday Inn Opéra Grands Boulevards and for posting your kind review. Of all the possible compliments, the one concerning our staff is the one which makes us the happiest, as it is really thanks to our team that we can make the difference and make our guests feel special.
Do not hesitate to contact us should you come back to Paris, it would be a pleasure to welcomen you back again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The location of the hotel is great! 10 minutes of walking from gallery lafayette and 15 min to the Notre dame.
we arrived and we received a room without a bath, we talked with a wonderful man named Muhammad and he immediately gave us another biger room with a beautiful bath with no extra charge.
the crew helped us to orientate in the city and to find good restaurants and attractions.

We spent our honey moon in this hotel and we very glad that we have done it.

Room Tip: we took the corner room and it was very large and comfortable
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HIOPERA, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your kind review on our hotel, we are very glad that you enjoyed every bit of your stay with us, and I will share your comments with Mohammed particularly, he will be extremely happy about it as our main concern it is the satisfaction our our guest through the service of our employees.
Do not hesitate to visit us again, we will be delighted to welcome you back!