“Great location. Serviceable rooms.”

Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards
Ranked #491 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is in a very nice location. It took us about 10 minutes to walk to the Louvre and in the other direction about 10-15 minutes to Montmarte. There are many shops and restaurants located right near the hotel. The rooms could use some better cleaning. Walls were scuffed, carpet looks worn or dirty, toilets were needing attention, dust balls around perimeter etc. Rooms are very basic - a typical mid range European hotel in terms of space and amenities. We were only there to sleep and shower so it served us well. Can't complain. It did the job. If a person is looking for luxury, this is not the place. The staff were all very friendly and helpful especially Mohammed at the front desk. The breakfast was decent with plenty of choices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bkjjk
HIOPERA, Deputy Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor concerning your recent stay with us. I am glad you appreciated our location, our rooms and the kindness our staff. I will take care to inform our front desk team, Mohamed in particular, about your coments, as this is the best reward for their efforts to let our guests enjoy their stay in Paris and with us.
Do not hesitate to contact me should you be back again in Paris!
Warmest regards,

Deputy Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed with the family for a total of 9 nights early June and 2 nights late June on three separate superior rooms.

Staff were all very friendly, Larisa and Mohammed at the reception were helpful.

Superior rooms on level 1 were quite big for parisian standard, especially room 106 than the other rooms we got. All rooms were clean and comfy. Being just a floor above the lobby, it was easy to get in and out of the hotel. It can be quite noisy at friday or saturday nights since room is just fronting the street and there's a 24 hour bar across. If you want quieter rooms, i suggest request the rooms facing the back alley of the hotel, or rooms at higher floors, where we stayed end of June.

Location of hotel is on the busier side of town so expect lots of cafe's and restaurants lined up along the street of the hotel going to galleries lafayette. Just going out of the hotel and turning right to Rue de Montmarte there are loads more restaurants and cafes. Two groceries are nearby as well. Hotel has a metro station right in front of it, so perfect if you use the metro like I do.

Just to note, they gave us free wifi access in our rooms and at the lobby. Speed was decent, but my only complain is that it automatically terminates connection when your smartphone or computer is at sleep/standby mode so you can't simply receive messages unless you set your phone or computer plugged in the outlet and to not sleep at all.

Overall I would definitely stay here again on our next Paris visit.

Room Tip: rooms on upper floor and facing back alley of hotel are quieter 106 is bigger than the other supe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank melvin s
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for 2 nights; we left our room the first morning and came back by noon to notice our beds had not been made.

Not seeing a housekeeper around, we left the hotel-provided sign on the door indicating we wanted the bed done. But when we came back late at night and noticed it wasn't done.

Upon checkout, we mentioned the incident to the person at the counter who didn't seem to care much. But she was quick to charge us e$6 for room taxes.

Room Tip: Ensure the size of the room is acceptable to your needs. Most rooms are very small and bags barely f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HIOPERA, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our guests enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

Luc Vicherd – General Manager

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had a trip to Paris from 20-27 of June, stayed in this hotel. When coming back home and unpacked I found out that some of the items I bought disappeared. Thinking it over, everything set up - they were just stolen by housekeeper during my staying in the hotel. Among them were 2 pairs of expensive earrings, the things I regret the most. All my calls and messages to the hotel ended with the same answer: nothing was found in the room. Along with this, I forgot my umbrella in the room and I know for sure it was there, so this answer was real ridiculous for me. Dears, be careful, lock your suitcases, do not leave any purchases in the room!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Julia,
First of all, we apologize for all the troubles you met during your stay.
We are a bit surprised to read your disappointment and accusations. We would like to kindly remind you that every room is provided with a safe where every guest is invited to store their valuables in order to avoid any issue like this. Nonetheless, we investigated your case and the chambermaid who made your room is working with us from more than 10 years now and never have we had an issue like this before.
Be assured of our best intentions, and that we have done all we could to find your items.

Kindest regards

Luc Vicherd - General Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great location on Boulevard Grand/Hausmann with metro stop right outside.
The staff are long-term, and very helpful with any needs or advice for getting to places around the city. Wonderful breakfast included.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back, as there are restaurants on the front that stay open til wee hours.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolynngram
HIOPERA, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on the Holiday Inn Opéra Grands Boulevards.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially thanks to our location and our staff. We worked a lot to improve the quality of our buffet breakfast and we are delighted that you fully enjoyed it!
We look forward to welcoming you again soon in Paris.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

It was "French Open" in Paris and a lot of hotels were booked out or extremely expensive. We lucked out and got very bright, updated and quiet rooms. Check-in as well as help with concierge service was excellent. - Great location near shops and restaurants, also across from Metro station. Worked out very well for us and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back - are much quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LilliO_10

Dear Guest,
I am very happy to read your review and discover that you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Opéra Grands Boulevards. Our hotel has indeed been fully refurbished, so every room is completely renovated and offers every comfort our guests might need.
We truly hope to be able to welcome you again in Paris!
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Holiday Inn Paris Opera - Grands Boulevards is located in a fantastic neighborhood - close to shops and wonderful little restaurants. However, checking into the hotel was not easy or pleasant. The gentleman working the front desk (I would list his name but he didn't have on his name tag) told me that the rooms I had booked back in February (this was now May) were not available. I politely disagreed and told them that I specifically booked these rooms with a Holiday Inn reservationist who assured me that they would have these rooms for us (I even printed the online chat with the reservationist and brought it with me on the trip). After half an hour at the check-in desk, I finally told the clerk that I would call American Express Platinum and he could explain to them why my rooms weren't going to be available. The minute I made that comment - the manager appeared and after a couple quick minutes - VOILA - I had the original rooms we booked. Very frustrating to say the least.
The rooms are small but very well appointed. If your faces the back of the hotel (even numbered floors) then you will be woken up each morning by the trash collection. It is my understanding that the even numbered floors (which face Grands Blvd) are very noisy as well from pedestrian and street traffic noise.
Overall, we liked the location of the hotel but just wish that the initial impression (i.e. checking in) had been better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kristineh1
HIOPERA, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Let me first of all thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvsor.
I am sorry that your arrival at the hotel did not live up to your expectations. I do remember you checking in, and it was a pleasure to help you solve the issue you encountered. I hope that during the rest of your stay we managed to regain your trust.
Do not hesitate to contact me should you ever be back in Pairs, it will be a pleasure to welcome you again amongst us.
Kindest regards,