“Outstanding place to stay - we couldnt have been happier!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bed and Breakfast VIP Champs Elysees

Bed and Breakfast VIP Champs Elysees
Ranked #26 of 128 Paris B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding place to stay - we couldnt have been happier!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We just returned home from a magical stay at this amazing B&B. I was travelling with my three teenage daughters and this was our first visit to Paris. I chose this B&B based on the reviews and our stay turned out to be everything I would hope it would be and more! Marianne, the owner, clearly loves her job! She is the most delightful helpful woman who takes great pride in making your stay as perfect as possible. Her English is excellent and we had no problems communicating whatsoever! We had two spacious bedrooms, one with a very comfortable queen size bed and another with two comfortable twin beds. Our private bath was huge with double sinks, a big shower, and a separate tub. There was plenty of space for us all to get ready at the same time. The dining room where breakfast was served was gorgeous with high decorative ceilings and lots of light coming in the large window. Marianne set a beautiful table with china every morning for us and provided us with a wide selection of breads and pastries that she got fresh for us every morning from the bakery around the corner along with a nice selection of cheeses and jams. Her coffee was delicious and the orange juice refreshing.

The location of her apartment is within walking distance to many things and in a very safe and lovely section of the City just 5 minutes from the Arc de Triomphe and the beginning of the Champs Elysees. In addition, there is a Metro stop right around the corner from her building on the Metro line 1 that many of the more popular tourists attractions are along. Marianne helped us arrange transportation to the airport, provided suggestions and advice when we asked for it and was there for us with anything we needed. When we told her we were going to have a picnic one evening under the Eiffel Tower she went the extra mile for us by packing up our wine bottle in ice, providing an opener and a couple of towels to lay out our food on.

Marianne and her lovely B&B made our stay in Paris simply magical. She made us feel like welcomed guests in her home and it was the perfect spot to call "home" during our Paris visit!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank Skibunny3333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We were attracted to this Bed and Breakfast primarily because of the location. We were in Paris to participate in the Paris marathon and the B&B is just between the start and finish of the race. The location is fantastic - a few minutes walk from a metro station, and the whole Étoile area, but this B&B has much more to offer, and that is entirely because of Marianne! She is an extraordinary hostess. Every day began with a sublime breakfast - we still dream of them. Marianne is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. She helped us make the most of our time in Paris with her directions and tips. She enabled us to have success in our first marathon with her support and nourishment. She made us feel at home and comfortable every step of the way. This was such a wonderful experience, we cannot wait to return!
John and Denise Frontczak
Perth, Australia

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank wainaam
McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

We just got home from a six night stay at the Bed and Breakfast VIP Champs Elyssees in Paris. We were treated as honored guests from the time we arrived until the morning of our departure. Marianne, merci beaucoup! Marianne met us at the door when we arrived, a bit worn out after a two week trip throughout Spain and Portugal. She greeted us and made us feel very welcome. When we asked about a laundromat, she volunteered to wash our laundry for us! During our stay, she prepared a lovely breakfast for us every day, and asked us about our plans for the day, in case she could help us with directions and other information.

The location is excellent, about two to three blocks from the Arc de Triomphe in a very quiet neighborhood, close to a grocery store, cafes, brasseries, and pharmacies. (We had bad allergy problems, so we needed a pharmacy.) It is a very short walk under the Arc de Triomphe to get to the Champs Elysees and the Argentine metro stop is less than one block from the B&B, so you can easily go anywhere in Paris using the metro, buses, or the RER.

On our last day, we had to leave very early, so Marianne prepared a breakfast of sandwiches and fruit for us to take on the bus to the airport. She also bought us a bottle of our favorite wine to enjoy on our last night there. How could anyone ask for someone nicer and friendlier than Marianne?

One other positive point is that one can catch the Cars de France buses pick up passengers for the Orly (line 1) or Charles de Gaulle (line 2) airport within just a few blocks of this B&B. We rode the bus from Orly to the Etoile and walked to the B&B and then caught the bus to Charles de Gaulle at 5:45 a.m. at the same location. This is extremely convenient.

We can't wait to go back to visit the wonderful city of Paris! Merci encore!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
19 Thank CampanaGirl
Paris-Brest, Propriétaire at Bed and Breakfast VIP Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you so much for your very nice comments. It is so kind of you ! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. It is a real pleasure for me to see that my guests appreciate to be here. I cannot wait to see you again next year with your sister that time ! Warm Regards, Marianne
Menlo Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I have stayed in many B&B's in the United States and Europe, but what makes this one special is the hostess - Marianne. She truly treated us as good friends and offered many special touches, including tea at the end of a long day of touring and even a field trip to one of her favorite fabric shops in Montmartre. The rooms are large and comfortable, particularly for Paris, and the marble bathroom quite elegant, with a full tub and shower. Though the B&B is located just off a busy section of the Champs Elysees, it is along a very quiet street. And it's just a block from the Argentine metro stop, making it particularly easy to get around the city. My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. I miss Marianne already and hope to go back to Paris again to see her.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
10 Thank MenloParkRose
Paris-Brest, Propriétaire at Bed and Breakfast VIP Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you so much for your nice words. I love welcoming interesting people like you who share their experience and knowledge. I really want to see you back here as soon as you can. It was so nice to have you at home ! I spent very good moments with you and I enjoyed sharing my passions. Warm Regards, Marianne
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

A very very late review, but I had to let everyone know how amazing my stay at VIP Champs Elysees was. I stayed at this beautiful B&B with my mother in June 2012. It's in the perfect location, close to the metro and the Arc de Triomphe. This B&B truly feels like a home away from home, mainly due to the generous hospitality of Marianne. I can honestly say Marianne is what makes this delightful B&B so special. Whenever we needed help or wanted to find out more about Paris Marianne was always happy to help.

I'm so excited I discovered this amazing gem in Paris...you'd be crazy if you didn't stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank Emma R
Thank you so much for your nice words. It was a pleasure to have you at home. I love welcoming women. We have so many things to share ! Please give me news from time to time. Best Regards, Marianne
Gowna, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I don't usually bother to write reviews, but after visiting VIP Champs Elysees and Marianne last Summer, I decided I'd let people know how good this place is. Located in the centre of Paris beside a bus and metro stop and just a minute’s walk from the Arc de Triomphe, this is the perfect location to explore from. Marianne's home is exquisite and gives you a lovely feel for Parisian life. Accommodation is luxurious with beautiful en-suite bathroom, breakfast room and lounge that would match any 5 star hotel. The breakfast Marianne prepares is a great start to the day and includes beautiful freshly cooked French breads, fruit, yoghurts, eggs and coffee/tea. Marianne herself though, with her great knowledge of the city and its hidden corners, was the main attraction and went way beyond the call of duty to add to our stay in Paris- making the trip to Roland Garros to source tennis tickets, recommending and booking restaurants (with great discounts) and one evening when my wife was feeling ill, as she was pregnant, Marianne made her put her feet up with her "special hot choc" and made sure she was alright for the night!! Staying in VIP Champs Elysees really made our stay in Paris and we can't wait to visit Marianne again!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
26 Thank Cathaldus
Sorry to answer so late to your very nice comments, but we exchanged mails since that time and you sent me the photo of the very cute baby boy ! He looks like his father and he smiles like you two ! I hope you will come with him next time ! Warm affection to the wonderful family ! Marianne
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

This is a very belated review - sorry Marianne! I finally got around to setting up a Trip Advisor account, and was so enchanted by your apartment it was still in my mind to come back and leave a review!

My husband and I visited Paris in March for a short break, and found this B&B on Trip Advisor - I am SO glad we did! It was like visiting a family friend! Our host, Marianne, seemed so delighted to have us in her home and couldn't have been more helpful, giving tips on what routes to take, where to eat, where to get free macaroons with our coffee etc. The location is perfect - not a far walk from the bus station, and literally just around the corner from the Arc de Triomphe. Breakfast was superb - breads, cheeses, croissants, eggs and juice - and our room was spotless and so elegant, just like the rest of the apartment. I'd go back in a flash and would certainly tell anyone visiting Paris to stay here. Thank you Marianne!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
15 Thank Ali W
Thank you for your very nice words. I am happy that you appreciated this trip with your husband. I am so pleased to hear that you liked it here. I hope to see you again one day. Best Regards, Marianne