“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ralph's

Ralph's
Reserve with
Ralph's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,281 of 16,841 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I know Ralph's has a few mixed reviews, however our experience was just brilliant! We didn't make a reservation and arrived slightly after the usual lunch service.

Our shopping bags and coats were checked in so we didn't have to worry and escorted to our table where we were met by a very helpful waitress. Realising that we didn't speak much French she broke out into English in her thick Australian accent - just like us! We shared stories about home and gave us her recommendations. After the deliciously warm breaded green olives, we ate the signature Ralph's burger - perfectly cooked meat, crispy bacon, it was just superb! Feeling quite full we couldn't resist the dessert, my friend had the brownie and I had the special wild berries with frozen yoghurt.

We sat at Ralph's for quite a while, resting our sore feet from shopping expeditions, and felt welcomed the entire time.

A memorable experience in a gorgeous setting that I'll surely recommend to many people for years to come.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sophie H

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Recife, PE
“Nice and trend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

It was very close to our hotel. We've been there with kids and no reservation and even then we were very well received. Don't have any prejudice of beeing in an american flag. The food is very nice. The place is very charming. Will try to go only with couple or many friends next time.

Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Wildly over-rated and simply unacceptable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We arrived a few minutes early for our luncheon reservation on a rainy day in Paris. Wed made the reservations a week ahead from New York City. A young English host escorted us to our table and when I asked if he could check our (wet) coats, he said, "oh, like the airport," which was not only a stupid remark but obviously unnecessary.

We sat down and waited for 10 minutes for someone to approach the table. A young waiter arrived, and although this is an American restaurant, he spoke not a word of English. Well, OK. I conjured my limited French to ask for water and a bottle of wine. Then we asked again. And again. As time passed, first a small bowl of cold, fried green olives arrived. An odd and tasteless choice for a city renowned for its cuisine. Next, a basket of two slices of rye bread (the only bread I've ever eaten in Paris that actually tasted bad) and frozen butter arrived. Our luncheon order was taken. The water took 20 minutes to arrive and it took a full 35 minutes for the wine to be served, despite the fact that having the wine might have made the time pass a little more pleasantly. About three minutes after the wine arrived, the food was served, pretty much eliminating the whole point of a full bottle of wine.

I had a ceasar salad with chicken. The chicken was barely cooked and for some strange reason, the salad was littered with a dense layer of chives (though even an adventurous chef might question the wisdom of allowing the flavor of green onion to overwhelm what might be a delicate anchovy taste).

My partner had cod. It sat forlornly on a bed of mashed potatoes, a white fish on white starch on a white plate. Calling Ralph! Is there a food stylist in the house?

Again we waited (and waited) for someone to take our plates. The people next to us asked for coffee, which arrived with a lump of caramel popcorn in a steel ice cream dish. They seemed not to know what to do with it. With dirty dishes before us, I thought a trip to the rest room might encourage someone to clear the table, and as I passed the service area, I spied a line of easily a dozen bowls of caramel popcorn, each sitting exposed to the air, hardening (I imagined). No wonder the nearby diners didn't know what to do with it; it might have been better served with a small hammer.

We asked for the check 4 times over 20 minutes. When it came, I asked the waiter to put a 20% tip on the charge. He seemed aghast and left the table. The maitre d' arrived and asked me why I didn't want to pay for the wine? And quite knowingly, he asked, "Was the service slow?"

Yes, indeed, lost in translation. We paid in cash (and while this ghastly experience cost $250, the tip got smaller than originally planned). When I asked the waiter to retrieve our coats, he told us to go the host station outside, in the rain.

The English host was aghast that he'd sent us into the rain. We actually felt liberated from the worst dining experience I have ever had in more than 25 trips to Paris.

Stay away. Enjoy crepes in the Tuilleries. Eat falafel in the Marais. Enjoy casual dining at Publicis drugstore. Or eat in any brasserie, where the food will be better, the prices fair and you may even find a French waiter who doesn't seem to hate his life.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Rosemary-NY
London, United Kingdom
“Movie setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch without having booked on a beautiful spring day. The outside patio was full so were sat inside, by the window, so it was like sitting outside. The staff was very helpful and the whole setting is beautiful. The decorative flowers, the paintings in the walls, the big fireplace, it was like being inside a rich mansion. The restrooms were also impressive. As for the food, it is definitely pricey, the burger is good but small. I would return for the experience.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank laura30_10
Paris, France
“I didn't like ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Very disappointing! Over price for an average-low quality burger! & not very tasty ! Show-off crowd which is not at all elegant! .... Never again, sorry.