Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
gringottsgoblin
dublin

Avoid

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Aug 2008
Nice location, but really noisy. They were building at the time and the hallways were literally a building site, and the rooms were frankly bad. Grotty furniture, no aircon, no TV or radio, damp bed, dirty carpet...you get the picture. If i hadn't arrived exhausted at 12:30 am i would have turned around and walked out. This hotel should not have been renting these rooms. It is a joke, and a bad one at that. The breakfast was okay but pricey, and served in the most miserable little bar/dining room. I read the reviews before i went and went with no illusion that it would be the "Crillion" and i took in all the gumpf about Oscar Wilde and all that . What i can tell you is that they still have the same furniture from when he was there. God knows if they are renovating ..then they sooo need too. This hotel needs to be stripped bare and they need to start all over again.This is not a good hotel and is really poor value, and all the excusesof a cute little Parisian hotel just simply do not wash. Paris hotels are all over priced, and there are some that are good and some that a down right bad. This falls into the latter category..AVOID.
Trip type: Travelled on business
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
1.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
1.0 of 5 bubblesCheck-in / front desk
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
1.0 of 5 bubblesBusiness service (e.g., internet access)
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2008

The Hotel du Quai Voltaire is close to being a great hotel. It's got a great location on the Seine. The rooms are very nice in a rustic way that Paris usually doesn't offer. And the staff was very friendly (although I speak French, so if you don't, you might argue with that last one).
The rooms are small of course, but it is Paris, and for the price, the room I stayed in was more than suitable.
Although the location does add for some noise as it is located, obviously, on Quai Voltaire, it isn't incredibly close to a metro stop, so the nighttime pedestrian volume isn't noticeable.
The elevator is small and old, and to be honest, it did scare me. Outside of that, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: August 2008
1  Thank thomas1181
Reviewed 13 August 2008

This Hotel has two stars but..but this Hotel has a great character! On the left It's Rudolf Nuriev's apartments, on the right it's Jack Chirac's aparments.
And its located in the ideal place-opposite Luvre, Siene in two steps far from luxury Saint Germein de Pres with many restourants, shops and interesting people.
Rooms are not large but very comfortable. The best of it-on the top floor.
The ideal choice in Paris!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank evgenybadger
Reviewed 23 July 2008

I had booked the hotel through its website and said I would arrive late thursday after arrival from Belgium. I was looking forward to a room with spectacular view, but when I arrived the man at the reception was puzzled since the room reserved for me was occupied. 'Problem, mister!', as in Bulgaria or so. There was no other room available nor did there seem to be a solution at hand.
It lasted half an hour before some telephone calls made it clear that my room had been given to another guest, so that I could take the room of that guest instead. But next day I would have to move to the first room and only after my protest could I stay in the same room for the rest of my stay. There was no polite excuse and it seemed to be a pretty normal experience in this hotel.
Only after confirmation of the reservation I was informed of works going in the hotel. Actually there were innovation works going on for which a normal hotel would at least partly be closed down.
The small room had no TV, but a very nice view of the Seine and the Louvre, but also heavy noise of traffic almost without interruption. And the rickety elevator was just big enough for a dog.
Without comment or excuse I was charged the full amount for a less than pleasant stay in this not so serious hotel.
Ben Hoffschulte
Leuven/ Belgium

3  Thank procopius
Reviewed 7 July 2008

This was my third visit with the Hotel Du Quai Voltaire. A renovation is in progress and the hotel is definitely being "spiffed up". The hotel staff (and the manager) are as friendly, helpful, and communicative as ever before, but the bathrooms are much improved, the paint is much brigher, and the hallways are much improved. Breakfast is still a delight; the Continental is an excellent value, the service is excellent and the coffee is good. I had the staff make many reservations for me. They suggested a number of restaurants in the St. Germain De Press and Montepasse neighborhoods that were uniformly excellent.

The location of this hotel is almost impossible to beat, especially for those who enjoy Paris' great museums. It is also very close to metro and RER stops.

My only words of caution are that internet service is NOT free and also not terribly robust. Also, this hotel is not air conditioned. While the grand and large windows open and the breeze off the Seine is terrific, it can get hot in the evening and late afternoon (more reason to explore the many nearby cafes). One of the nights during our stay a group decided to play drums (that sounded a lot like bongos) across the river. The drumming went on all evening and far, far into the night (we went to bed at 1 and the drumming was still going strong). My best advice is to take ear plugs. It also helps with the street noise (the Quai is a busy street, even into the late evening hours).

Date of stay: July 2008
Reviewed 9 June 2008

Quai Voltaire has a fantastic position overlooking the Seine, opposite the Louvre, just down the road from the Musee D'Orsay. Needless to say, the room is tiny and by the time we put our 2 bags and ourselves in the room there was not much space left. The safe was much appreciated because it avoided carrying documents around Paris during the day. We had been warned not to expect any amenities like coffee- making or fridge, but it would have been nice to at least have a real glass in the room instead of plastic ones in the bathroom.
The usual comment is that you will not be in the room for more than sleeping so it's not a problem, however we found that after a long day walking Paris' streets we would have enjoyed a couple of hours back in the room to relax, refresh and then head out again in the evening. We did try that, but the very basic facilities did not make it as enjoyable as we had hoped - even with that fantastic view out of our window.

Date of stay: April 2008