“Never again.”

Ranked #968 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Athens, Greece
“Never again.”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The room was booked for me from my employer, so had no opportunity to leave and go someplace else. Nearest metro station (as advertised on hotel's website) is for navigo pass/ticket holders only, had to climb 4 flights of stairs with suitcases and walk to another station to get a ticket.
Staff unfriendly, room tiny, bathroom almost non-existent (bath tub was so small in width there was no room to stand on and only slightly longer than the toilet -see photos). Room was cleaned daily (but not clean), just the basic stuff - reckon it hadn't seen a Hoover in ages. There was someone else's hair under the pillow, only discovered it the day after. There was dirt in the bathroom tiles, filthy curtains (which I wouldn't probably notice, if my face wasn't 20cm from the window, rooms are really small).
Stayed there for 3 nights, every single day I was woken up at 6:45AM by the noise of cutlery/glasses being carried and set up for breakfast. As for the actual breakfast, very poor. I even found an ant on my breakfast plate, when I showed the lady in charge she laughed it off... Reception repeatedly tried to sell me (overpriced) ride to the airport.
And yes, 167 Euros/night for THIS room? No, thanks.

Room Tip: If you can't avoid staying there, at least ask for a room on a high floor (and as far from the e...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mirella R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
PARIS
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We stayed there because it was semi-close to Notre Dame and had close by connections to the underground. My father who uses a cane was meeting us in Paris, so the distance to subways was important. The rooms were tiny, but we weren't there to lounge in a hotel. The beds were quite uncomfortable and the sheets not completely clean. Front desk service was friendly, but the cleaning service was awful. Breakfasts were so bad that we only took advantage of it once and did better trying our luck elsewhere after that. They did have an elevator though and shuttle service to and from the airport.

In short. It was hardly unbearable, but I'll try my luck somewhere else next time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The hotel is a minute or so from two Metro stops in a safe street which has cafes close by, but not so close as to generate noise. There are also boulangeries and other food shops handy. If you want more animation, particularly at night, then it is a very short walk to Rue Mouffetard which has restaurants of all sorts, take-away creperies, chocolate shops, clothes shops, and an excellent ice cream shop, all in a very small area. As for sights, the remains of the Roman arena are at the back of the hotel, the Pantheon is a stones throw away, and the Ile St-Louis and Ile de la Cite are perhaps a ten to fifteen minute walk away.
The staff in the hotel are helpful and friendly and the rooms are over six floors which can be reached by a small lift as well as winding stairs. The rooms are clean and seem relatively newly refurbished, particularly the bathroom which had a small bath with an efficient shower. Our room was small (not particularly so by Paris standards in this price range) but there was enough room to move around. If I have any criticism it is about the lack of drawer space and the unfortunate colour of the bed cover which made it look grubby( I dont think it was). The matress was some sort of foam which tended to get warm and to cling. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel, we prefer to have coffee and croissants in one of the local cafes, so I can't comment. Finally the price, 170 euros a night, is not cheap, but for a safe, clean hotel on the edge of the Latin Quarter in Paris it is reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The Hotel was very cozy, the room was very small, but we where in the room just to sleep. The room was very clean.
Very close to Notre Dame.
Staff was very helpfull, they called to make reservations, explained the map, and recomended restaurants.
Nice neighborhood!
The breakfast was expensive and limited.

Room Tip: 6th floor is great!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andrea S
london
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in August and found the hotel great.

When I arrived I was greeted by a lovely chap called Clermont who gave me a choice of rooms for my family (two adults a child and a baby). From reviews I was expecting a really small room however I was pleasantly surprised – the room was a great size and perfect for what we needed… sleep/rest!

Mr Salah (day) and Mr Hisham (night) also warrant a shout out as they both looked after us as if we were family for the entire stay.

The room was air-conditioned and had a mini fridge which was perfect if you have baby/children especially in the August heat. The view was awesome too as we overlooked the arena and watched Parisians play boules. Most important was that the room was spotless – was worried with one particular review about bed bugs however this was certainly not something I experienced!!

Location wise – I challenge anyone to beat this area. I have been to Paris many times and the Latin Quarter is the taste of real Paris. The Rue Mouffetard with its plethora of great eateries is a couple of minutes away and there are fantastic walks from here – the options are unlimited!!

Will definitely recommend to friends and family!!

Room Tip: Go for a room overloking the arena and as high up as possible
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ehabdaman
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Sadly, we only spent one night. Yes, the rooms are small by the grandiose American standards, however we spent very little time IN the room. The fellows at the desk were very, very helpful and kept our bags in a nearby room after check-out while we went out to play before leaving. I am writing this without reading other's input, but it was the input I read many months ago which cemented my decision to book here. It simply will not disappoint, I assure you. The subway is down the block. Notre Dame is a very pleasant walk, as are shops etc. I cannot think of a single setback. P.S. The little breakfast in the morning is well worth it, and I do believe the coffee is among the best I've ever enjoyed. Keep in mind I am writing this where followed a seven day excursion via trains and subways etc to the coast, Bordeaux, Jarnac (Lovely - and the Cognac!!) La Rochelle and Saints. Still this place stood out. Honest.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner over the street... 5th floor I believe. No noise, nice A/C. Splendid.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AtcerJim
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Small room, but very clean, with a modern bathroom. I didn´t like to pay in advance. Expensive breakfast, 12 euro per person, when I reserved at Booking.com, it was said that it was included, but was not. Near to rue Moufettard, with plenty of good restaurants.

Room Tip: The front rooms are good, with low noise. The back rooms have a nice view to Arenes de Lutece.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family