“little expensive but conviniently located”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel des Arenes

Hotel des Arenes
Ranked #924 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Pune, India
“little expensive but conviniently located”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my family. The hotel is very well located from Metro train station called " Place Monge" The hotel receptionist tried to market some tours to us and wasted our 15 minutes on arrival.Finally He succeeded in getting us pay for the taxi to airport for our return , which was convinient but little expensive
The tourist attractions like Pantheon is very close to this hotel
There is very nice french bakery at a walking distance
Overall the hotel is good for Paris sightseeing tour

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sandeepkarya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The rooms are not big, which is to be expected in Paris. However, they are more than enough to live and sleep in since you will most likely spend little time in them. The hotel staff are extremely polite, helpful and can communicate in many languages (mainly French, English, Spanish and German). The location is certainly the hotel's best feature. In the heart of the Quartier Latin in the fifth arrondissement of Paris, it is walking distance from the Pantheon and not too far for postcards like the Eiffel Tower or the Champs-Élysées. Over all I had a very good stay and no problems whatsoever with the hotel. I would definitely stay at the Hotel des Arènes again.

Room Tip: Rooms that have a view to the Arènes de Lutèce tend to be smaller.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SFau_13
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is the third hotel my friend and I stayed in Paris during a week. It was rather nice. We used the Metro, so it was in a convenient location. Our view was on the 2nd floor and outside was the 'L' of the 'hotel' sign. The receptionist was.. Eccentric! When we first came in he asked my friend and I 'if we got lucky on New Years Eve!' and did.. ahem.. a thrust manoeuvre! The next morning he was dancing with one of the cleaning ladies and on our final morning he wanted a photo with me and my friend and basically half hugged us! (I thankfully had my ski jacket and my backpack on! Too close for comfort!) So he was not at all.. professional. Though he told us about a dinner cruise along the Seine and happily booked it for my friend and I, which we enjoyed thoroughly on our final evening in Paris!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Travel_LiveLaughLove
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Small room in pleasant hotel in the Latin Quarter, just a few blocks from the Seine and the Pantheon, at a great price. Staff was friendly and amenities were everything they should be. I’d happily stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 2 years in a row and I would definitely go back. It is in a fantastic location for bars, restaurants and sight seeing. The hotel is really clean and staff are friendly. Would recommend booking the shuttle bus through the hotel, to return to the airport, it is cheap and saves a lot of hassle. I would recommend this hotel for young couples just wanting to see Paris.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren S
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This hotel was my worst experience. Hotel Staff and Manager not professional, unpleasant and also not customer oriented. Management seems to care only about money and service they are supposed to offer for that money. Ready to support my thought concretely, on demand. Manager yelled at me for 20 min for bringing my 4 year old that was a free person in our room. Crazy pyscho manager first yelled at me about the child and then yelled that he's a man and we must respect him. I was very afraid of staying at the hotel. I would STRONGLY advise people do not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Manager is a psycho and very irrate and rude so this hotel should be avoided at all costs!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank HB2013186605

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Hull, east Yorkshire, uk
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 3 nights in Paris and stayed at this hotel. We booked it due the combination of low price and good location. It's within walking distance of the Louvre and Notre Dame, albeit fairly long walks but then you do get to see the centre of Paris in all of its beauty. It's also only a few hundred yards from the nearest metro station.

On arrival the concierge at the desk was very helpful, spoke excellent English and was generally friendly. He explained that there were several rooms free and asked if we would like to see them all before chosing one which was a nice gesture. The rooms were all similar- fairly small with odd sit-down showers which make bathing a little difficult - definitely NOT recommended for anyone with a physical disability. The beds were ok, not particularly comfortable, however everything seemed clean and tidy.

Breakfast is in the basement and consists of the normal European fare - a bit of bread, some croissants, yoghurts, cereal, juice etc. Nothing amazing but not bad considering it all comes in with the price of the hotel.

The hotel arranged a pickup to take us back to the airport, however they neglected to tell us that would take several hours as the taxi also picked up from several other hotels from the city centre. By the time we got to the airport we were getting very stressed that we would miss our flight as the journey had taken at least an hour longer than the staff at the hotel informed us that it would. If we had known beforehand we would probably have plumped on getting back to CDG via the Metro and train as some other reviewers have suggested.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple