“Fantastic location”

Ranked #269 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Horncastle, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Easily found from metro, only about 15 minute walk to eiffel tower, the shower was amazing, the breakfast was good, it was €12.50 each, a bit steep but the orange juice machine was worth it, they tell you to use 3 oranges but use 4, it makes all the difference. The staff were all friendly and most of them spoke english so getting any information was easy. The room was comfortable and we had a lovely view of the Invalides. I know it's probably an English thing but the only very slight moan i would have is that coffee making facilities would be very welcome. If you don't like closed in spaces then don't use the lift, it's tiny, but as the alternative is a spiral staircase and we were on the sixth floor it might be the lesser of two evils. Overall it was a very nice hotel, there were some lovely places nearby to eat and we would defiantly stay there again, really can't fault it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was our second stay at Hotel de l'Empereur. We'd previously stayed in October, 2011 and opted to return again. The hotel is directly across the street from Les Invalides and a short walk to Rue Cler and the Eiffel Tower. The metro is about a block away and we had easy access to and from the airport via train and metro.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. I emailed in advance of our trip to ask for a dinner reservation to be made and received an email back the next day saying it was done.
On our first visit, we had a courtyard view room. This time we chose a room with a view of the Invalides. In return for the view, we had a much smaller room (and bathroom). We don't spend much time in our room so that wasn't a problem. The view was worth it! The beds are very comfortable with nice linens. The rooms are also kept very clean. If I had one complaint, it's that I thought the rooms were too warm. There is A/C "in season". Since we were there in October, we must have been past that season. The window open, but you then pick up a fair amount of street noise. All in all, it would not make me go somewhere else. If less noise and a bigger room is important to you, bases on my experience, I'd suggest a courtyard view room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KRGreenBay
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The location in proximity to museums, monuments, bus lines and Rue Cler were great. Room was very clean and maid service very good. Breakfast was very good and the person in charge very accommodating. The only negative we had was being awaken by mosquitoes in the room.

Room Tip: If a view is important you will need to request one. This was not a problem for us since as soon as...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mack L
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just got back from my first trip to Paris and it was fantastic! I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to stay at Hotel de l'Empereur. The hotel was very close to the metro in a quiet, safe neighborhood. The hotel was very nice, clean and well run. I would highly recommend this hotel and I hope to return sometime in the future. On a side note, some of the reviews I read said that the rooms were small and I did not find that at all. The room was very nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. Great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smile456287
empereurparis, Directeur général at Hotel de l'Empereur, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear smile456287 ,

thank you very much for your review.

I hope to wlecome you again very soon :-)

We wish you a merry Xmas and Happy New year!

Charline Pelletier
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights last week in a room with a view of Invalides. My room was spotless, the linens and towels were very good quality, and the bathroom was excellent. The shower was fantastic! The staff were always friendly and the location was perfect for me. Very good value for the price I paid; I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reading, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Off the beaten path, yet directly across the street from Les Invalides and a short walk to Rue Cler, this is a smaller, charming hotel. Our bathroom was large and beautiful. Our room was large enough to accommodate a queen bed for my husband and me plus a twin bed for our daughter. It is very clean/well kept. For an additional charge, breakfast (better here than any place at Rue Cler) is served downstairs. (They offer fresh croissants, fruits, freshly squeezed orange juice, etc…)
Would stay here again.
The only negative is that they were doing construction immediately outside our window. I assume that this was a temporary thing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
empereurparis, Directeur général at Hotel de l'Empereur, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear dorothy m,

thank you very much for your review.
You are right. Our neighbor were doing construction in the back of their building but no noise was earable from our place.

I hope to welcome you again.

Charline Pelletier
Spartanburg
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Positively wonderful hotel - great location with excellent staff. In addition, the room was very clean and a good size for two people. We stayed in a double. The bathroom is quite large by French standards and the shower was fabulous! Particularly appreciated Remy and his suggestions for shopping and getting hair cuts! The hotel is a block from the metro and very close to the Eiffel Tower and other landmarks. We dined at a local restaurant around the corner called La Parisienne - great food, wonderful background music and lots of cocktail choices with fresh ingredients. I highly recommend it to other visitors.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Zena2014
Dear Pandora-417,

thank you very much for your review.

I hope to welcome you again and again!!!

Charline