“Friendly, comfortable, wonderful location”

Hotel Saint-Louis en l'Isle
Ranked #719 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We knew the moment we arrived and were greeted by Bernard that we would have a nice stay. He even helped us take our luggage upstairs since the elevator was temporarily out of order.
The rooms were very nice and air-conditioned. Two of my sisters were on the 4th floor, which was a bit of a climb and a little compact, but my other sister and I stayed on the second floor, ( le premier étage) and it was very spacious. After spending a week in France without air-conditioning in July it was wonderful to have air-conditioning.
The hotel is right in the middle of Isle Ste. Louis, within walking distance to Notre Dame and almost everything we wanted to see. The only inconvenience was the St. Michael metro stop was closed due to repair and it was a little trickier getting around. We had to take a bus to the next stop. But that wasn't the hotel's fault!
We had a great tour of the Marais district while we were there, which is very walkable.
We did not eat breakfast at the hotel, but there are excellent restaurants in the same block.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is a lovey hotel in the very nice neighborhood of Ile de St. Louis. The room was larger than expected and was very clean and nicely appointed. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and speaks excellent English. Most of the guests we encountered were English speaking. The bed is comfortable. We had room 501 which was very well decorated and the bathroom looked recently remodeled, however there was a huge fan that runs the hotel's A/C on the other side of the bedroom wall and we found the constant turning on and off of the loud mechanical noise hard to sleep through. The "balcony" was the window opening on the roof top level with a step of no more than 3x3ft...not something you could put even a single chair on and sit to have coffee or wine on. That being said, we would definitely stay in this lovely hotel again; the location can't be beat!

Room Tip: Try to avoid room 501 due to the constant on and off of the huge fan on the other side of the bedroo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Loved this hotel on the Isle St Louis. It's location is so perfect. The hotel is very nicely appointed. Great breakfast and breakfast eating area.
The staff was so friendly and helpful. For the cost, I don't feel I could have done better,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Lovely hotel with very nice personnel, located in the best area of Paris. From your room, you can hear romantic music coming from the peaceful streets surrounding. It's near from Notre Dame Cathedral. Taking into account location and quality, price is really good. Without doubts, I will repeat this hotel in my next visit to Paris

Room Tip: Rooms in the last floor are smaller
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lautaro_ARG
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Cute little hotel with a centralized location in Paris. Within walking distance of Notre Dame Cathedral, the Centre Georges Pompidou (the Beaubourg), and the Louvre. Also handy is the Paris Metro. Small rooms with bath (with all amenities), TV and Wi-Fi. Moderately priced, with breakfast included for a small extra cost. I've been going to this hotel since the first time I went to this wonderful city in 1990. Favorite pastime is to get a soda (or beer), and walk toward the River Seine to sit on the Quay d'Orleans in the late afternoon, watching the boats go by, listening to the Paris church bells ring, and the clouds skittering past Notre Dame. Plenty of excellent little restaurants on the eastern side of Rue St. Louis en l'Isle (try the Reine Blanche...good service and excellent food). If you want comfort and convenience, this hotel is the place. It's not the Palais, but it's good enough for me.

Room Tip: Try and get a corner room. An excellent vantage point to people watch as they wander up and down Ru...
1  Thank JT_Burciaga
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I really enjoyed staying in the hotel. It is a short (3-5 minute) walk to Notre Dame Cathedral and close to the RER station, bus stops, and the tourist car rouge stop. The location itself on the island was amazing as there were lots of small shops and restaurants, giving it an authentic feel.
The staff was wonderful! Denis spent some time with me showing me and writing down on the map how to get to certain destinations. it was very helpful. He and the rest of the staff went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. One of them even helped me with my French when I asked how does one say something.
The room was very nice. I was by myself so the room was a perfect size. They kept it very clean. Every night when I got back to the room I could tell that housekeeping was there with fresh towels.
I want to return to Paris! If I get the chance I will go to this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I cannot imagine a more perfect hotel to stay in while visiting Paris. From the LOCATION to the STAFF to the ROOM, everything was all we had hoped for, times ten. If you like small boutique hotels with personalized service, this is the place for you. We felt one with Paris at Hotel Saint-Louis en I'Isle.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor in room 502 and our room was quite spacious. We would request this same...
1  Thank G G