“What a find!”

Ranked #501 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Dublin, Ireland
“What a find!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Spent three nights recently in Paris and you will find it hard to match the location of this little gem. Maybe only 100 metres from the rear of Notre Dame you are still in a quiet little corner of Paris that still exudes France rather than the tourist trappings of much of the rest of Central Paris (it is still a most beautiful city). But about the hotel - somewhat quirky, spotlessly clean, modest but still well appointed we thought it was superb value for what it was and where it was. Free wifi and even iPads to borrow for those who have forgotten theirs (or who have never tried one) as well as something I particularly enjoy - docking stations so you can listen to your own music. And for anything else you may have overlooked Denis at the front desk will take care of it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LarKir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2014

What a charming hotel! The staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. We spent 8 nights at Hotel Saint- Louis in Paris and never grew tired of the charm of the hotel or the area. The hotel is located a short walk to three metro lines, and just steps to cafes, creperie, bakery, gift shops and Notre Dame.

Room Tip: It is a very small hotel 25 rooms. The superior rooms are MUCH larger.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FHPenny
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed at the hotel for three nights in early February. We requested one of the two rooms on the top floor and were rewarded with great view out of two balconies.
The hotel being on the Ile Saint Louis is easily reached by metro direct from CDG that stops at the St Michel Notre Dame station some 300 metres away.
The room was not large but had ample space for the two of us. The beds were comfy and at no time were we not warm. It was great to be able to have a window ajar overnight to let in fresh air.
The bathroom was OK - only challenge was that my son and I both being 6 ft + were unable to stand up straight in the shower. Not a major problem as we had plenty of hot water and we sometimes took a bath instead.
The free wifi is excellent and worked well through our stay.
The gentlemen on reception were always courteous and friendly and with good English that spared my from using my schoolboy French. We needed some laundry done and whilst the Hotel did not offer this service they were happy to arrange to have one of the maids do it for a minimal charge.
Given all this however the beauty of the hotel really is the position. It is so central and convenient for walking to many attractions but at the same time has a village feel by virtue of its location on the island. There is not a great amount of traffic in the surrounding streets and as a result there is limited street noise that reached us on the top floor.
The other positive of its position is its proximity to so many restaurants and bars that are of excellent quality. We ate at a different restaurant each night all within 200 meters and they were all good. The bar/ cafe at the end of the street - Cafe St Regis - is a great place for breakfast, a meal or just a drink whilst watching the world go by. We had breakfast there each day and were sad to leave on our last day.
This was my third trip to Paris - from now on I will be staying at the Hotel Saint-Louis en I'Isle.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have beautiful vistas over the surrounding roof tops
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Snorlaxxl
Stuttgart
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel is located very centrally, and has various metro stations close-by. The little island itself is very charming with its small shoppes and restaurants,and only a bridge apart from Notre Dame!
The hotel is VERY nice, and has its own very nice and warm charm. The rooms are a "typical" Paris size (which is smaller than regular standards, but well known to travelers that have been in Paris before). We booked a standard double room first, but wanted to change to a slightly bigger superior room, which was arranged with no issues.
The room itself was very neat, clean and tidy. The bathroom was newly refurbished and kept in the old Decor that can be found throughout the whole hotel.
A big THANK YOU to Denis, the receptionist, who has helped us with our arrangements, shuttles and tickets to a show.

I can only recommend this charming hotel to anyone! I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Frank G
Beaulieu-sur-Mer, France
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Perfect location and calmness on Ile Saint Louis. This small hotel offers so much in terms of service, helpful knowledge and comfort. The rooms are larger than some I have seen in Paris with comfortable beds and facilities. Free wifi that works and even and I pad to use for the duration.
Breakfast offers more than croissants and coffee with a small buffet of cheese/ham/fresh fruit/eggs/juices etc.
The reception staff are knowledgable and were patient with our requests. So good to come home to after a busy day in the city. Solo travellers will have no worries here. I would most definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank junevolante
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

This was my 4th trip to Paris but it was the first time that I went alone. I absolutely loved the hotel. Just as beautiful as the pictures showed it. Front desk was extremely helpful, kind and at moments even funny. They suggested great places without even me asking. The hotel was in a perfect location and close to many metro stops. It was not even a 3 minute walk to the notre dame and great restaurants. The room was done very nicely and room services were performed every day. They would change all my towels every day and make my bed. The shower was also very beautiful. I never thought that I would be impressed with a bathroom in France since they tend to run smaller than what I'm used to but this shower was perfect. The shower head had to be somewhat new and it had great water pressure. The hotel was nice enough to give me a room on the 4th floor therefor I had a wraparound balcony that I loved even though it was too cold to stay out there for too long. Over all an extremely happy customer and I will make it a tradition to go to this hotel every single time I go to Paris. I have told all my friends and family about it and I can not wait till I go back myself! I did not try their breakfast so I can not comment on that. The only complain that I would have is that the walls were relatively thin and you could hear what's going on outside of your room. Regardless when you are in Paris the last place you spend time in is your hotel. I will keep going back. Best hotel experience that I've ever had.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank jessparis13
Scotland
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Hotel Saint-Louis en l'Isle is a lovely hotel in a perfect location: not just at the epicentre of Paris, but direct train (RER line B) from airport to St Michel-Notre Dame is only a couple of minutes' walk. We have stayed there before and will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple