“They're staying open through the end of 2014”
Review of Hotel Henri IV

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Henri IV
Ranked #1,212 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I wrote a previous review when I tried to make a reservation and was told they were closing permanently as of August 2014. Another TA member sent me a private message that he had been able to make a reservation for November 2014, so I called back. I was able to make a reservation for October and was told they were staying open through the end of the year.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 July 2014

So I stayed here 5 years ago with my daughter. Just scrolling through reviews to see if it has changed. At the time we stayed 1 week here and 4 nights at Hotel De Crillion. Total opposites I know. The stay we have the fondest memories is at Hotel Henri. It was noisy and pretty shabby but it was real. The location was perfect. You are surrounded by fantastic cafes and restaurants. We still talk about how wonderful the baguette was in the morning. Simple ,yes, perfect yes. There is no glamour but a load of charm. One of my fondest memories. Stay at least for a couple of days. Don't be fussy just enjoy the experience.

Room Tip: Book ahead and book top floor.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The family of four stayed her on a vacation to Paris in June 2014.

This is a very nice smaller property. While pretty expensive, it was clean and the service was excellent. The room had a small kitchenette. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. While the street outside is somewhat noisy, the windows are among the most amazing I've seen - when closed the noise disappeared!

The building is obviously old so the elevator is tiny - it can hold pretty much one person if you have a bag of any size. Once our bags were in the room we used the stairs, which are a spiral staircase.

The desk staff spoke good English and was very helpful regarding our questions about what to see, etc. They had good maps of Paris for the taking as well.

The local area is nice and it's a few block walk to the Metro, and not that far to Notre Dame and the river. There are quite a few restaurants within a couple of blocks. There's also an excellent American-style diner just out the door and then right on the main street, a block down.

This hotel is highly recommended if staying in Paris.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Has the hotel closed? I was unable to reach them (at the number posted in the 2013 Lonely Planet) in June 2014. A heartbreaker! I was astonished to find out this place was still there. I stayed there in 1971, at the center of the world. And to fill out my 200 characters, I fell in love there, as a 23 year old, and my then-young English sweetheart is still a lifelong friend.

Room Tip: Above ratings were needed to submit the review, not because I was able to stay there. Just guesses.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbenton28
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Keeping it short. Best location you can ask for. Clean. Great rate. Genuine historical building. Highly rated and will go back. Went in winter last time and will want to try it out in Summer. Top floor is great with balconies.

Room Tip: Top floor. Great views, balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The main advantage is its location, of course. Situated at the Cite island, you can have a nice promenade to Louvre, Orsay, Latin Quartier, etc.

The rooms are quite small, but my bed was rather comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The windows look at the small square where no people walk at night. Attention: no elevators, you need to carry your luggage yourself.
The breakfast is poor but you can always buy coffee& croissant downstairs.
No WI-FI ((

I believe it is very good choice if you plan to walk a lot and only need to sleep somewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four days in march and you could not have asked for a better location! 5 minutes away from the metro and major attractions such as Notre Dame, a few mins more for the L'oeuvre, orsay etc. The breakfast was more than adequate and they have the best hot chocolate. Staff were very helpful and warned us about the pickpockets of Paris in advance. would definitely stay here again. The only downside was no wifi, but that did not affect our experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple