“Exceptional Value, Good Food, and Acceptable Service”
Review of Le Sainsev'

Le Sainsev'
Ranked #13,504 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Exceptional Value, Good Food, and Acceptable Service”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Exceptional value for budget travelers. Good food/environment and acceptable service.
Set menu prices are 12 or 16 EURO. We tried the Rabbit, duck breast, steak, mussels, fish soup, creme brulee, all tasted good.
Service not excellent, but acceptable. The waiter was super busy, he did not repeat what we ordered, but came back with everything (all 3 course dinner orders for 3 people, extra butter/bread, wine, water) we requested correctly.
We tried another near by restaurant which has more or less the same deal/set dinner, and found this restaurant's food tastes better and uses better ingredients (like creamier creme brulee and larger size mussels).

We are an Asian family of 3 doesn't speak French, and were treated same as other diners. Don't know what had happened to the previous Asian reviewer, and I feel sorry. The restaurant should resolve any issue politely.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
“Awful Customer Service!!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It took awhile for them to actually start serving us. Sangria was so sweet it was more like koolaid. We had ordered steak, and mine was with a baked potato, that was so cold I received it. I kindly asked the server if he could please ask for it to be warmed up in microwave.
He became very lippy, and ignorant, angrily waving his hand in air. He was not nice to deal with at all. I must say that would not be tolerated elsewhere. Is that type of customer service common in Paris???

• Visited July 2014
Oconomowoc, WI
“Good choice for lunch”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

For us, this was a successful lunch. The food was good, the service was quick, and we enjoyed people watching from an outside table. Our granddaughter loved the frog legs and we liked the Salad Nicoisse(sp?). There were a few families with kids, business types, and tourists like us so a place for all. A very friendly waiter was very patient, spoke some English and tried to understand our terrible French, then helped us with our choices.

Dallas, Texas
“Le Sainsev, Paris, France COMPLAINT REGARDING EXCEPTIONALLY RUDE SERVICE TO ASIAN/AMERICANS. STRONGLY RECOMMEND AVO”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Le Sainsev, Paris, France

COMPLAINT REGARDING EXCEPTIONALLY RUDE SERVICE TO ASIAN/AMERICANS. STRONGLY RECOMMEND AVOIDING THIS RESTAURANT!!

I am a well-traveled Asian American woman. I was at Le Sainsev restaurant in Paris, France on June 24, 2014 with three other people: my friend, and both of my friend’s parents who are Asian French. My friend and I arrived at the restaurant with his mother, who is in her 70’s and rather frail. We told the restaurant’s host that we needed a table for 4 people. He pointed to two tables in the far end of the restaurant and indicated that we could sit there. The mother and I went to sit at the table, while my friend went to the street to wait for his father, who was walking very slowly. As we were sitting down at the table, a man who looked like a waiter came over to us and asked us questions about the table with an angry tone. It was hard for us to understand him because he was so angry. I explained to him calmly that we had two more people who were joining us very soon. At my response, he became angrier and began to raise his voice. I was still unclear what his issue was with the table where we were sitting. I guessed that he might need a table for 4, so I pointed out that there were still 4 more empty tables around us that appeared to be available. He then became very agitated and started to yell at us. He yelled, “This is my restaurant and my place. It will operate under my rules.” He was so rude that I became worried about whether my friend’s mom might not be able to cope or calm down. Rather than stay, we chose to leave the restaurant immediately.

I have no idea why we were not welcome in this restaurant. Perhaps because we are Asian or because we were American? Perhaps because my friend’s parents were thought to be too old to be seen there? Regardless of the reason, it was abundantly clear that we were not welcome there.

I am not usually one to offer a complaint of this nature, but the experience has so shaken me and my friends that we want to warn others away from such a rude environment. Please be aware if you are planning to go to this restaurant that this kind of behavior apparently is acceptable to the “owner.” It certainly was not acceptable to me!

4 Thank Holly L
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good food”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a regular restaurant in a lively area, nothing fancy or exclusive but not bad either. I had dinner here on a nice evening, sat outside and enjoyed both the food, service and atmosphere. The restaurant offers typical French dishes with the option to order for a special menu price and that was great, not too expensive. I had a Bœuf Bourguignon which was made in a new way for me, it came with tagliatelle and had more vegetables, great taste and the meat was very well cooked. I also had a crème brûlée and a glass of white wine.
I really can't complain about anything, I had a good dining experience here and I would probably go back.