“a great experience”

Neighbourhood: Montmartre
nat208
“a great experience”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

What a place! As said in the other reviews, the food is nothing sensational but it is tasty, healthy and filling (each dish containing some raw veg, a grain and lentils) and the price is reasonable.
But a visit here is all about the experience! Both the ambiance and the owner are chaotic, eccentric and absolutely charming. This is not the place to go if you want a sleek, swift, comfortable dining experience. Its a tight squeeze - only about 6 tables and even if you're short your knees will be knocking something. When we arrived the place was full and there was only one person (the owner) serving and making all the food, so understandably we had to wait a little while, but she was totally in control and we got everything we ordered. Despite being the only person there, she managed to be extremely chatty and pleasant and was a total character.
The visit here was a highlight of our holiday and if i lived in Paris i would undoubtedly visit this place on a regular basis.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Natalie M

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“We left before eating”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I really don't like to write a bad review and feel a little unfair as we didn't actually eat a meal here. We reserved a table and were delighted by the prospect of an authentic vegetarian restaurant.
I'm not a fussy, white linen tablecloth type but first impressions weren't good. Piles of stuff heaped in one corner, a generally stale smell, the table felt sticky and my cutlery had the remains of a previous customer's meal on it.
We did accept a menu but neither of is felt able to eat in such an unhygienic environment so we left.
It's a shame as these things could be easily remedied.
Would we go again? Definitely not.

2 Thank ruby4591
“Seems fun from the outside, the fun vanishes on the inside”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My girlfriend persuaded me to go once into a veggie-restaurant and it was a big fault.
First of all, the people were very friendly but.. that's it.

we entered the room and it was a cozy atmosphere, more like a living room than a restaurant. we sat down (for that purpose had a guy on another table to get up, because everything's very narrow and stuffed). well then, we got the menu (which is kinda funny anyway because you really have to get into it).

we then ordered our meals (15 euros each) and a beer. my beer was not available anymore but it didn't seem like they run out of it just yesterday. no worries, grab another beer. Well, it has weed in it. A bit uncommon but it actually tastes good.

While we're sitting there and watch the girl in the kitchen stirring now and then in a few pots, we see the guy acting like there's nothing to do, although there are people on our left, waiting like 10 minutes until he asks them what they like (and notice, there are like 6 small tables!) and people behind us, sitting for like 15 minutes in front of their empty plates.

Our food arrives and we're really hungry so it takes some time until we notice, that there's nearly no seasoning or dressing on it. Basically, it's cutten vegetables and a slice of bread with humus (which was very good). It was ok, but not worth 15 euros.

In the end we ordered a coffee and it was, I'm sorry to say that, the worst I may have tasted.
When we wanted to pay he forgot our two coffees. I mentioned it to him, he thanked and we paied. Leaving, we noticed that he also forgot one of our 2 beers.
I'm a honest person, but I was too lazy to go back for that. We had 2 plates, 2 beers and 2 coffees and he's forgotten like the half of it. Sorry, I was already nice to mention the coffee.

I don't like to critizise people and I can imagine how hard it must be to run a business in paris, since it's not mainstream. But please, do your job!

• Visited January 2014
Antwerp, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most expensive raw vegetables you'll ever eat”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Before starting to describe the food I'd like to mention that the staff was very friendly and in no way unwelcoming whatsoever.

That being said, the food was so bland that it prompted me to write my first review ever on any site ever. I read through some different reviews of this restaurant because I was so baffled that this place had any 5 star reviews at all. One of them mentioned 'the food was fresh, not pre frozen'. If you Judge a restaurant by that standard than there is some gourmet eating to be done here. However, if you prefer your food to be more than just some vegetables cut up and served with some unseasoned rice (let's just ignore the bit of spices tossed on top) then this restaurant will be a sore dissapointment. I think this is an affront for vegetarians who try and look for something off the beaten path.

I feel bad for writing such a harsh review because the people who served us were very friendly and I wouldn't want them to go under. But I hope reading this they realise that they should aim a little higher.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jablabla
Paris, France
“Bland food for the calorie conscious”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

It's probably me, but when I eat out I want interesting food. I'm vegetarian, and I was looking forward to this place after I read all those reviews, but I was sorely disappointed. For around 13 euros (which in my opinion is not cheap at all) you get a boiled whole grain, boiled vegetables without any seasoning, and raw grated vegetable without any seasoning, which all-in-all is very boring.

Dont mistake me, I love vegetables and I adore salads...but grated vegetables is something I have at home. There are a lot of interesting things you can do with vegetarian food...didnt see a single one here.

I've rated it a 2 instead of a 1 simply for the friendly smile on the waitress' face and the freshness of the grated vegetables!

• Visited September 2013