“One of the best experience of my life! Truly great!”

Studio des Parfums - Paris le marais
Ranked #38 of 659 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Design your own fragrance: your exclusivity ! The ultimate experience in Paris : create your customized perfume, your own In Paris - Le Marais : The Studio des Parfums, design your own scent !! Imagine, smell and create an exclusive fragrance .. Your deep emotion as a perfume .. The perfumist organ with 180 exlusives essences You will access the magical world of perfume making through our fragrance creator organ. Since 2007, the aim of the Studio des Parfums is to help you create your own scent. Alone or in small group, you can create a unique fragrance, while coached by the fragrance advisor. You can build your fragrance with every smell you want and like, you are the artist and the organ is your tool. The perfume recipe is established, balanced and evaluated by the fragrance advisor then kept so you can order refills of your own scent. You get out of the Studio with an exclusive, elegant and sophisticated fragrance, from the high end finest french perfumery. Galimard, our partner is the oldest perfume maker in France, established in 1747. Located in Grasse, known as the worldwilde capital of perfumes, Galimard provides us the best quality based on tradition. Le Studio des parfums in Paris is located in the fashion district of Paris, le Marais.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the best experience of my life! Truly great!”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I found this wonderful place just around my hotel in the sweetest area of Paris. In generally, I arrived to Paris in hope to found my place where i could make my own perfume, special and only for me. To see the proses and than after all enjoy my unique sent as my own creation as well!
And Studio des Parfums was my biggest discovery! !!! It is truly amazing place! I have the best time i ever had in Paris! Wonderful service! Gentle , kind, Perfect english speaking and what is most important truly passioned about what she is doing owner! I a lovely relaxing atmosphere with the kind guiding of the perfume master I created 2 best sends i had EVER smell in my life! Just Gorgeous, nothing more to say! I will never ever again come back to the commercialize type of perfume again! I prefer to wear my own personal sent and now i know where to find it!
Also you can order your perfume and it ll be delivered to you in 24 hours.!
But it is worth to travel to have this experience again and again. In my next trip i ll certainly see you again my best Studio des Parfums !!!

Best regards
Natalia Zakharova

Thank you very very much !

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My Teenage Daughter and I Loved This!”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Creating our own perfume was a fun experience for me and my teenage daughter! After a brief lesson by friendly owner Sophie Soussan, we set about smelling a huge variety of essential oils and narrowing down our choices. Using our favorites, Sophie created a formula and then we mixed our individual perfumes ourselves. What a perfect mix of science and art! We both loved our final products and count this as one of our favorite things we did in Paris. Refills can be ordered as Sophie keeps your formula on file. A male client was there as well, creating his own cologne. This is a fun activity for anyone and it is in the Marais district with lots of shopping and great restaurants. You can book directly with Sophie by contacting her at Sophie.Soussan@free.fr. For those who had somewhat unsettling experiences, I'd like to counter that Sophie went out of her way for us. There is a perfume making studio with an extremely similar name and my hotel called the wrong one on our behalf, causing confusion and us missing our appointment. Sophie accommodated us 2 days later even though she was supposed to be on vacation. We found her friendly and helpful, unlike the tour operator we booked her through which is why I recommend booking with her directly via email or phone.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank JustABiteDesserts
Sydney, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“A Parisian treat”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My visit to Studio des Parfums was a little extravagance that added to the brilliant visit to The Marais district of Paris.
Sophie seems to work alone, so the shop can get quite busy but we were there late afternoon and basically had her to ourselves.
I must say that being sat down in front of numerous bottles and asked to pick your fav 3 base, middle and top notes was at first a little overwhelming especially when in their raw and unblended form some smelt like aunty Mabel's sock draw! But Sophie was really patient and after mixing the base notes and seeing how the blend transforms the scent, it became really fascinating to observe the process. I mixed my own which enhanced the experience.
Sophie does leave you to your own devices a little but that is just her way and let's face it, she does mix a lot of perfume so may not be as fascinated with the process as us newbies.
The result was that I now have a beautiful fragrance that no one else has and I can order more as she has my recpie.
It was a gorgeous thing to do and Sophie is very sweet and very good at what she does.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Gail S
Perth
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I thorough enjoyed my afternoon at Les Studio des Parfumes. While the store was busy, Sophie went out of her way to ensure we had an enjoyable experience, helping us choose base, middle and top notes for my final fragrance. As a chemist, I loved the fact that we used scientific glass ware to mix and pour our chosen fragrances. All up I spent just over an hour mixing my perfume, which I am looking forward to wearing! I also likely the fact that the studio has kept a copy of my 'recipe' so that I can reorder the same fragrance again.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank PerthKathryn
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Treat and an experience I would repeat”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I was having brunch in the cafe opposite Sophie’s Studio Des Perfums last December 2011 when I noticed the studio. As I was working in Paris and looking forward to my 50th Birthday I thought having a perfume created for me would be a good way to mark my passage into the ‘Second half Club’. Searching the net for reviews I was put-off by other people experiences until the middle of January 2012 when, having spent time sampling her ready-made perfumes and basically deciding whether the risk was worth it, I decided to risk commissioning my own perfume. The experience was extremely enlightening with a surprising end result – a perfume which smelt the way my mother smelt to me when I was a little girl, a sort of memory which I spray on when I can bear the tenderness it evokes. Though not exactly what I envisaged for a lively lady of a certain age, this end result is cherished by me, not least because it also now reminds me of the service Sophie extended to me. The depth of her knowledge, her Nose and her commitment to her craftsmanship were matched by her generosity in terms of the time she was willing to invest in our endeavour. The process itself is painstaking and exquisite. I enjoyed making-up my ‘formula’. The main thing I learnt was to be very honest about what I liked and did not like and also to trust that Sophie knows what works and in what quantities. My tips, if you are considering having a perfume made are: have at least one perfume in mind which you adore not so that you can have it duplicated but so that you set your olfactory true north; she seems to go by a different clock so be prepared to wait and also to spend time on your creation; she is passionate and an artist and if you are not French then remember cultural differences, she is not rude but her way of speaking may sound direct, I found her to be assertive and she seemed fine with me being assertive back about time management; give yourself plenty of time and enjoy the bars and restaurants on this street if she’s not there or is she’s still finishing with someone else. The Lizard Bar across the road is run by native English speakers and has good bar food and a lovely Sunday brunch. I highly recommend this experience.

Visited January 2012