“good area of Paris enjoyed the stay”

Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain
Ranked #431 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
key largo
“good area of Paris enjoyed the stay”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had a room on the top floor at the front. There is a small lift and we used it for luggage. If you take the stairs it's a workout! The internet did not work in our room but they have a computer downstairs in the lobby that was sufficient for us. The room was very small but it was very clean and the linens were great. The bathroom was small yet newly remodeled and towels were perfect. The road was a little noisy but you didn't hear it if the windows were closed. The front desk staff is there 24/7 and very nice and helpful.

1 Thank seekmyface

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This property is conveniently located on St. Germain on the Left Bank, a 5-minute walk to Notre Dame. The rooms are nicely decorated with good lighting, especially in the bathroom and very clean, thanks to the friendly housekeeping staff. Tea/coffee-making facilities are provided as well as very good internet. The windows do open to the street, but we appreciated the heat on cold nights. The room was somewhat larger than the typical, Parisian small hotel.There are nice public areas in the foyer and adjacent reading room. Breakfast is an optional extra, that we did not take as we were always out early in the morning sightseeing. There is a very small elevator that we used to take our luggage up to the room on the 4th floor that held one piece of luggage and one person at a time. Otherwise, we used the stairs as the wait times for the elevator made it quicker to walk. There is good security at the hotel and very accommodating front desk staff.

Cornwall UK
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Recently stayed two nights with my teenage daughter. The hotel was very close to the metro, and also to the RER station from the airport. Within easy walking distance of Notre Dame - and in a lovely area. Room was small, but that is to be expected in central Paris - bed very comfortable and room quiet and clean. Would highly recommend this hotel and plan to visit again.

Room Tip: We upgraded to superior room to get twin beds
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I liked this hotel very much. It was fun and funky with a wacky sort of decor and appeal. The front desk staff was terrific and the housekeepers did a great job of cleaning. My room was small, but that's to be expected in Europe. The bed was comfortable with very nice sheets, pillows and comforter. I had a balcony room which overlooked rooftops, which I love and a little turn to the right I could see part of Notre Dame. It's definitely on the higher end of 3 star hotels and the location is excellent. I did not purchase the breakfast but did read it is quite expensive. I would prefer to visit the pastry shops anyway so would probably never enjoy the breakfast, even if it was included in the tariff.

Room Tip: I think rooms higher up keeps the noise from Avenue Saint Germaine at bay.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ARubins
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at Hotel Abbatial some years ago on my fist visit to Paris and then again last year. I liked it both times. like all hotels in Paris the rooms are very small by international standards however this does not detract from a pleasant stay, I mean all you really need in Paris is a clean bed and shower anyway, lets face it there is so much to do!.
the view from my room both times was great, looking over a beautiful old building and the Paris streetscape. the location is the best part, so close to Notre Dame, Latin Quarter and a walk to the siene in a minute. the breakfast in the hotel is too expensive and not very good, my recommendation is to pop out for a fresh bread stick and pop across the road to the deli to get some lovely cheese, meats and fruit and make a breakfast in your room. I found this to be a lovely way to start the day and then I kept the leftovers in my mini bar for late night snacks with a glass of vino (felt very French) great after a long day of sightseeing.
the staff were very helpful and lovely, they even helped me with my terrible French pronunciations and gave so good travel advice on attractions.

I will stay again next time I'm in Paris.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. While the room was very small (we could barely walk around the bed) it had everything we needed and was very clean. We really enjoyed the balcony and the big windows, which surprisingly kept the noise out. A fridge to chill the wine and cheese we bought was an added plus! The hotel was a little pricey but we feel we got our money's worth.

The real benefit of this hotel was the location and staff. The staff were very helpful with arranging transportation and the location was just blocks from Notre Dame on one of Paris' main streets with tons of restaurants. We also really enjoyed the Tuesday and Thursday farmers market across the street where we were able to buy fresh meat and cheese for snacks and picnics!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JenSchuf
Mechanicsburg, PA
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the location and staff. Room was very tastefully decorated and extremely clean. Room was on 3rd floor and overlooked side street. The hotel is very close to Notre Dame and the Cluny Museum. Parisias bakeries are very close and have wonderful pastries. Rooms have coffee pots with instant coffee provided. Easy walk to Latin Quarter eateries and metro stations. We would return.

1 Thank Klinepa