“My home away from home”

Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux
Ranked #23 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
“My home away from home”
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

I am just in love with this hotel. Every room is a surprise in its design. The staff are friendly, extremely professional yet not in your face .. When u need them they just seem to appear. I have to say the brunch is a must, it heavenly.. It's the only hotel I will stay in when I'm in paris. I advise you to ask for the first floor rod they hv the best view.. And the 5 th floor are very very cool too !

• Stayed March 2013
YvesMonnin, General Manager at Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for this great review! Reading your feedback makes me believe that we managed to achieve our goal: make you feel at home in our crazy-chic little chateau. We ensure you that whatever room you choose for your upcoming stays, this will remain our priority. I would also be glad to show you other incredible decors on other floors during your next visit, as we still have many secrets for you to discover!

Yves Monnin, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

I came here for work and my clients booked a hotel for me at Saint James Hotel. It is such unique, elegant, small, chateau-like boutique hotel. I loved everything about it from the friendly staff, beautiful decorations everywhere and cleanliness of the rooms - not to mention their excellent food and their elegant library bar. This is a must stay (if you can afford it) next time you are in Paris. A perfect place for a romantic getaway.

6 Thank Kenny K
Dear Kenny,

Thank you very much for this praising review! We are all glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you again in a near future.

Your sincerely,
London
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was our second stay at The St James, Paris which we adored - again. Delightful (upgraded) spacious, comfortable room, beautiful (eclectic) ambience and of course one of THE most important ingredients in a hotel - charming, helpful, highly professional staff. Loooved the library bar. Will definitely be back, next time with walking shoes to further explore the Bois de Boulogne nearby. Heide E

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RoxyLondon
YvesMonnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Heide,

Thank you so much for making the Saint James Paris your Paris hideaway and for agreeing to share your secret with the readers of TripAdvisor! We all look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

Double upgrade. Authentic staff, very responsive service, food was exceptional, exceeded expectations! quiet neighborhood, peaceful at night, easy access to du centre-ville.

I would stay here again anytime...

4 Thank AndrewJohnHarrison
Dear Mr Harrison,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for this very kind review. I am glad to read that our services actually exceeded your expectations. It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back anytime!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I had the privilege of spending one night at this lovely hotel recently. I was en route to Switzerland for work, and wanted somewhere to relax, splurge a little, and get pampered a bit. It was also Paris fashion week – so what better cause? The hotel staff were great, and I am particularly thankful for Nicolas Egloff for his hospitality and aid with booking. The location is a bit far, but given that I was only there for a short duration, I had taxis called to the hotel, which was quite convenient. Note: the Concierge also had ready-to-use tickets for most of the museums in Paris, which is fantastic, as it saves you loads of time by bypassing the long lines (a must for the experienced traveler!). I wish I had known this as I was attempting to purchase the tickets on my own upstairs… (Note: the hotel Wi-Fi can be a bit spotty). Upon my return, there was a lovely bottle of chilled white wine waiting for me in my suite. Pity I’m 16 weeks pregnant and cannot drink! In any case, the service was superb, and I was particularly impressed with the hotel’s room service (rates were also very reasonable).
As a fashion and lifestyle blogger, I often try and sample luxe lodgings around the world (http://www.rockshic.com/my-blog/luxe-lodgings), and I would definitely rank this place among the top!

For more details and photos, see my feature here on the St. James Hotel:

For more general travel tips on Paris:

Room Tip: I particularly liked my room (Room #306) -- great view and wonderful decor! I think the staff defin...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank RockShic
Dear Eva,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your short fashion & beauty stop-over. Nicolas and I also thank you for choosing to write a review on the Saint James Paris on your blog and for testifying about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. Be sure we will all be delighted to welcome you back with your family when you travel to Paris again.

With our best wishes,
Melbourne
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We spent 3 great nights in this simply beautiful accommodation, first time I think I can say we found nothing that we were unhappy with, from the location, room, people and service received were all of a high standard. This Accommodation has become our benchmark against which to judge all our future stays.

Next time we are in Paris there will be no checking on where we will be staying but will be heading directly to the Saint James Paris.

Room Tip: Their web site provides a good indication on room lay-out and position.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tony R
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for choosing us and for taking the time to post this very kind review! Our team is very proud you will use the Saint James Paris to compare you future stays in other properties. We look forward to welcoming you back regularly and to becoming your home in Paris.

london
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This is definitely the best hotel I have stayed at, ever.

My boyfriend surprise me with a weekend in Paris and my mouth drop when we arrive at the Saint james hotel. Just the building is amazing, the staff is very friendly and helpful.
And the rooms... We were lucky to be upgraded to a suite and it was beautiful. Split over two floors , with a sitting room downstairs and the bedroom and bathroom upstairs.
The bar and restaurant were really nice as well.
On Saturday my boyfriend proposed after having breakfast in our room, so as you can imagine i will never forget this hotel.
We will come back for sure, I can't wait.
It is an expensive hotel, but worth every penny.
The metro station is only 2 min walk from the hotel and you can walk to the Eiffel tower and Arc del triumph within 20 minutes, perfect!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrodri81
Dear guest,

Thank you very much to you and your boyfriend for staying with us and for this extremely kind review! We are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us to the point you think it was your best stay in a hotel, ever! We all look forward to welcoming you back regularly for further romantic escapades in the city of love.