“Fantastic small hotel with lovely staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Relais du Louvre

Le Relais du Louvre
Ranked #69 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Blaxland
“Fantastic small hotel with lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

A small hotel with the best location in Paris. My wife & I stayed 5 nights in mid October. Arriving from Australia on our first visit to France, the transfer at 6am was well organised & smooth, our luggage easily stored, and staff friendly - speaking both french & english. The location of this little hotel is perfect, directly behind the Louvre, close to Metro stations, Notre Dame, and tour bus stops. Variety of restaurants in easy walk, with good breakfast provided in your room. We couldn't recommend this restaurant highly enough for people looking for a great spot from which to explore Paris. The staff were terrific, helping us experience both the best value tourist aspects, as well as getting involved with the 'real' Paris.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Geoff_lambert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three nights in November and really enjoyed it. The ladies in reception very extremely friendly and helpful. I was amazed at their ability to switch quickly from one language to another (ie French to English to German all in the space of a minute). They really care about you and making your stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.

Our room was one of the larger ones overlooking the courtyard and we thought it was very comfortable and tastefully decorated. Bathroom was modern and clean.

We didn't have the breakfast as there were so many cafes nearby. The location is fantastic - although we explored much of the city during our stay we found ourselves coming back here for the brasseries and bistros.

Hotel is a bit pricey but so are all Parisian hotels - this is due to the Euro exchange rate more than anything else. Will definitely come back here next time we are in Paris!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I came to Paris with my boyfriend to visit my family and some friends had told me about this hotel.
I had 5 amazing days : the rooms are very clean and renovated. We had a room on the street side (great view on the church Saint Germain l'Auxerrois) and we've never heard any noise from outside.
The staff is very helpfull : They gave us advises for restaurants and it was always very good. When we arrived, they told us to leave our passports ... in the safe in the rooms because of the pick pockets in the metro ... they gave us a map and showed us where we were, the closest metro/bus stations ...
My boyfriend wanted flowers to be delivered in the room on our second day (for my birthday) and the staff took care of everything !
They sell fast line tickets for the Louvre museum which is great when you see the line to enter the museum ! They give great advises such as taking the bus instead of the metro, buying both ways tickets directly in Paris when you go to Versailles, where to take the boats for the cruise on the Seine ...
The breakfast is served in the rooms whenever you want and it is delicious ! (very good croissants, "pains au chocolat", Retrodor bread, fresh pressed orange juice, organic yogurt).
It was like spending 5 days with friends and not just being a client in a hotel.
I will definitely go back to this hotel and I will talk about it to all my friends.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Everything about this hotel is small, the public spaces are almost non-existent, but it is an excellently located, well run and comfortable hotel.

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

The hotel benefits from a great location right next to the Louvre. The rooms were clean and in very good condition. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful during our stay. Breakfast was also tasty and plentiful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

The hotel was nice and clean, a bit small but not terrible. What I found most frustrating was the staff who were not very helpful at all. If you stay at this hotel do your own trip research and don't expect them to be of much use in that department

• 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank NYCgirl1234
hirgorom, Directeur général at Le Relais du Louvre, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
I am so sorry to read that nobody here helped you. In fact the most important reason to me to do this job is the pleasure I feel in helping our guests, sending them in places they would not necessary discover on their own, test restaurants before I recommand them, indicate a bus line even before you ask for it because I know you may go without asking and that would be a pity! We all know very well the surroundings of the hotel and Paris in generally because we want our guests to use their time for interesting things not for looking for hours into guide books for information we can give in a minute. We even sell now tickets for the Louvre so that our guests don't need to stay on line for hours to get in. I would love to know who you met at the Relais du Louvre and when you have stayed with us because this should NEVER happen! There should not be any good or bad days for our guests, each day should bring the same quality and help and this is why it is extremely important to me to know who has welcome you and whe you stayed with us. In any case, I shall apologize and I can only hope that you will do me the favour of coming again and I tell you: you will enjoy and never forget the time spent here. Warmest regards. Sophie Aulnette, General Manager
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights in November. The location in the city was perfect. The room was tiny, especially the shower, but clean and comfortable...as a matter of fact, that may have been the most comfortable bed I've had in Europe! I must warn folks that this hotel is NOT for night owls. I got back to my room around 3am on the first night and didn't fall asleep until 0430 or so...by 8am, the hotel business was in full swing. Nothing overly obnoxious, but it is such a small hotel, normal activities generate noise...too much for me to sleep through. So I just made sure I was in bed at a decent hour the next ngiht!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo