Villa Bellagio Paris
US$228
US$146
US$126
Official Site
Grand Hotel Francais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$444
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is not for those with mobility problems;there six storeys accessed by a steep stair case and because of limited staffing help with luggage is difficult to obtain. Our room was sparse but clean and the bed comfortable. However,there was an almost permanent leak through the bathroom tiles which the staff seemed reluctant to acknowledge. On other matters the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Go for a lower floor and check the plumbing!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here with my partner last week for 4 nights around Valentines. We had left it quite late to book a hotel and so our choices were pretty limited. After reading a few tripadvisor reviews, I gathered here would be okay for what we were after, and we paid a very fair price (I think it worked out around £40 a night),
The hotel itself looks like it is in the middle of some kind of renovation - there were odd random tiles left on the stairs and some of the walls looked in desperate need of paint. They go for a kind of artsy bohemian vibe in the lobby - hanging plastic chairs and Kate Moss prints on the wall, but the rest of the hotel looks quite dilapidated.
Our room was clean and spacious, though a wardrobe would've been helpful, and neither the lamp or one of the wall lights worked. We had some issues with the shower - on the first night, the water temperature jumped from boiling hot to cold several times in the middle of my shower without me touching the tap so I was left with a pretty nasty red burn on my tummy! Also, if my partner and I showered directly after one another, the shower simply overflowed, and the first time this happened our entire bathroom was flooded.
Additionally, our room was advertised as having a mini bar, but this is simply an empty fridge which you have to request a key for. Room service is also advertised - we did not enquire about this, but were not made aware of it/did not see any menus.
The walls seemed to made of paper - I'm usually not particularly sensitive to general noises, but you can hear people walking up and down the stairs and the maids clattering around in the mornings, and if someone was outside the door it literally sounded as though they were in the room with us. We also had the pleasure of hearing the couple above's squeaky bed getting some exercise one morning which certainly gave us the giggles...
The staff are okay - when my partner went to alert them of the above flood situation, they gave us half a bottle of wine on them (after my partner half jokingly suggested I needed placating!), which was a nice gesture.
Our room included breakfast, but when we went down to get it and asked the receptionist, he seemed to almost need reminding breakfast was possible. However, he was very sweet and went on to organise it for us and lay out some pastries and breads (theres jams, juice, coffee - pretty simple but pretty French!).
We were aware that cocktails were served in the lobby area, and so on our last evening had some drinks here - the barman seemed to have some friends in and they were all watching videos on a laptop, so it felt almost a little as though we were intruding. They didn't have a bottle of white wine in the fridge which seems a little odd, so we had to wait for this and have another drink in the meantime.
The area is pretty great - lively and plenty of bars on every street which stay open late. There is even quite a cool little club, Internationale, on the road of the hotel which we found by accident on the first night (I've read some others saying that the nightlife means noise is an issue but we personally never heard any noise from the bars or people in the streets). We ate in Central Paris most evenings for dinner, but there are some great cafes and places to grab a snack here, and a wonderful pizza place (La Cerise Sur La Pizza) nearby which you must try!
Should be noted that this is an area not massively inundated with tourists so not everybody you encounter will speak English, so definitely learn a few phrases :)
Overall, this hotel is okay - if you're on a budget and just want somewhere to crash at the end of a day out in Paris that's in a nice little area, then you'll be fine. It is certainly not terrible - I guess I just felt a couple of touches were missing that would've gone a long way to making it great, and we could've felt a little more looked after.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lizzie O
Reviewed 31 January 2014

we slept ok -place on the 6st folor (without elevator)was calm
staff was very friendly
but the towels were not clean(bloodstain)
and I think the shower has not been cleaned ( I found a hood of shampoo bottle)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mimolette1969
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We visited Paris for a weekend and stayed at this little hotel. It's stylish and modern, the lobby is cool the rooms are decent. Cleanliness isn't fantastic and it's all quite 'okay'. Location is good; we saw a concert just up the road and it's a lively area. The staff were very friendly and we had fresh towels each day. Be warned: there are no lifts! We were quite high up and had to shoulder our luggage up the spiral staircase. We didn't have a view either.

All in all, if you're looking for a romantic trip with your partner, it may not hit the spot. However it's a nice and quirky little hotel for a night or two, maybe more for business.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for four days on a birthday/holiday trip to Paris. At first step out of the metro station I was a little discouraged, the area is dirty, run down and not at all that beautiful romantic Paris I was so excited to see again. BUT what I did notice was the almost endless selection of bars, cafés, restaurants, markets and bakeries. The hotel was a super easy, short walk from the metro station. Heading down a not so pretty small side street I was pleasantly surprised by how chic and nice the hotel was. First major note, I never met a single person working at the hotel that spoke any English... Be prepared to practice a little French. Check in was super quick and easy. There is a tourist tax, but only about 2 euros/nt which isn't bad. Our room was in the top floor, 7th floor, with no lift, but we were prepared from previous reviews. The room was large, clean, super modern with great natural light and a very nice ensuite. The beds were very comfortable with nice sheets, pillows and blanket. We were at the back of the building so no issues with street noise but the cleaning staff in the morning is LOUD! I'd swear they were throwing buckets up and down the stairs. Despite the hotel not being in the nicest area it's was a popular spot for locals, lots to do close by, and super easy access to several metro stops. I would definitely recommend and stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2013