“Nice hotel for business travels”

Holiday Inn Paris Elysees
Ranked #487 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Geneva, Switzerland
“Nice hotel for business travels”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The Holiday Inn is an agreeable hotel for business travels. Located not very far from Rue Monceau and the Champs Elysées, it provides you with fast access to two major business and leisure locations in Paris.

Rooms are a bit small but comfy. If I had one suggestion it would be to bring a more diverse breakfast to the customers in the morning, but otherwise service was great, nad I would safely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Freakyfays,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on the Holiday Inn Paris Elysées.

I am glad to see that you appreciated the location of the hotel and the attractions around it. As mentionned the hotel is at 100m from the closest metro station.

We regret to know that you did not enjoy our buffet breakfast. Our guests come from all around the world and we do our best to offer a full buffet with diverse products. Your comment will help us to improve our service.

Thank you again for your comment and we would be very happy to welcome you again at the hotel.
The Guest Relation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
Georgiana, Alabama
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is my second trip to Paris and my second time staying at this hotel. You cannot beat the location. The Champs Elysees, Printemps & Louvre are within walking distance. The Miromesnil metro stop is literally on the corner. Getting there is easy. Just take the Roissy Bus from CDG to the Opera or Hausman stop and hop on the 9 I believe. The hotel is small but cozy and I find it quite charming. You're close enough to the action but not burdened by tourists. The room this time seemed smaller but that's probably because we were in an ADA room on the first visit. I used IHG Rewards points to pay for the room, otherwise it would have been quite expensive, like $400 a night. Which is not atypical for Paris in the summer. The front desk staff was very nice, attentive, and helpful and they put up with my terrible French. Con - breakfast is too expensive. We opted to eat out instead. I plan on returning to this same location the next time I'm in Paris.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 207. Ask for a room that is not on the street level if you're adverse to traffi...
Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Nina H,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to see that you appreciated the location of the hotel and the attractions around it and the efficiency of our staff.
Also we are pleased to read that your room contributed to your comfort and your well-being during your stay with us. You are right the ADA room is bigger than some Standard room.
As an IHG Reward Member, I would like to thank you for your confidence in the IHG hotels.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again at the hotel Holiday Inn Paris Elysées.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 days out of a two week work tour of Europe. When I arrived at the hotel, I was thoroughly exhausted by the commute as per the instructions on the website.

(Note to anyone reading this: DO NOT take the RER and transfer at Chatelet, FDR etc. especially not with two huge luggage bags and a backpack. You would be an easy target for pick-pockets who make the most of your distraction as I nearly was in FDR. It would be a better bet to take the Air France shuttle though more pricey, but more convenient.)

However, after the chaotic first encounter with Paris, the hotel and their staff made me melt with their thoughtfulness and classy atmosphere. It is not the largest room I've had for such a price, but the service was certainly top-notch. Not only were the receptionists attentive and pleasant, they try to anticipate all your needs, and provide as much as they can. Of course, it doesn't hurt that all of them were also quite good-looking. ;)

Few things of the hotel I must highlight, (1) the complimentary fruit tea that was provided at the minibar was absolutely fabulous, and the biscuit to go with the coffee was also very thoughtful. (2) The bed and comforter were clean and really comfortable. Little pieces of clouds that made me want to stay in all day. (3) The candy corner at the lobby (which I only discovered on my second day) was a nice touch. (4) central location to almost everywhere important in Paris.

Only minuses were minor, and did not put a major damper to my trip. First, there was no gym; second, the breakfast spread was slightly sad-looking compared to what I have been having in London and Brussels for the past week, but at the time I was in the mood for a diet anyway; third, the room I was staying in (103) though nice, needed some real maintenance (e.g. shower bar was hanging on a wire). Lastly, as I was given a room next to the road, and on the first floor, it was a little less conducive for sleep.

One other thing, it would be good if the hotel had name tags to identify staff members, as I wanted to commend (1) the night shift manager/receptionist(?) on the 23rd June for being obliging to a severely jetlagged guest, (2) the restaurant manager during breakfasts who kept making sure she provides you with all you need. Certainly would be my first choice when I stay in Paris.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the streets on either side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your comment on your last stay at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees.
We are very proud when guests express their entire satisfaction, like you.
We have forwarded your comment to hotel staff; it' a real pleasure for them as well to receive such congratulations.
We hope we will see you again at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees!
Guest Relations Manager
Reviewed 25 June 2014

So recently I was in Paris and stayed at this hotel. The hotel is located in a very central location and was very easy to get to. The service was great and they are very helpful throughout. The room I was in was an executive room and was on the 5th floor. Unfortunately it had angled walls (being on the roof) and being 6'4... I hit my head several times going to the toilet or just getting changed in general. The breakfast in the morning was 18 euros (optional but should be included in the price of an executive room) Its not the greatest selection of food but the service makes up for it. I would stay there again but not on the 5th floor! haha

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comment on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees.
We appreciate your compliment on the ideal location in Paris center.
Regarding rooms under roof, ie 5th floor (highest floor of the hotel), we are quite surprised you didn't appreciate them. The "angled walls" give a charming atmosphere to hotel rooms, & they are typically French. Our largest rooms are on that floor & they are only executives & suites.
Therefore, if you stay with us again, we will be happy to allocate you a room on a different floor.
Thanks again for your comment,
Guest relations manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was only a one night stop off but still I need to list the pros and cons. The hotel is in a very good location and the neighborhood has lots of restaurants and stores. Check in was friendly and quick - I was told that we were being upgraded to a larger room due to Platinum status. The room was very nice and it was somewhat larger by Paris standards and the bathroom was nice as well - but we were on the first floor - it was a handicap room which may have allowed for the extra room. There was a street outside the window and cars were driving TWO feet from the window which did not appear to be double glass - the noise was very disturbing with honking horns and cars stopping and going - I did not care for the window right on the street that opened up and only had a regular window latch. Thankfully we were exhausted from travelling so we slept well but while we were awake all we heard was the traffic - especially during the busy evening time. I would not stay at the street level again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear nowpacking,

I am pleased to see that you liked the size of your room. There are 2 rooms on the ground floor which are bigger than Standard rooms in the hotel.
I am sorry to know that the street was noisy and that it disturbed you. There is a double glazing window in each room of the hotel but due to the closeness to the Palais de l'Elysees there are often honking horns in the street.

For your next stay, we would be very pleased to propose you a room on the courtyard side. Do not hesitate to ask our staff.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Having walked from Gare du Nord - a fare walk but doable and their is a Metro station at the top of the road. The front desk staff were friendly, cheery and helpful. The room was clean and cool (aircon was on). Plenty of Bistrot's nearby. And snacks available from room service menu.
Bed was very comfy and a choice of pillows.
There was some noise from the streets below with the French windows closed ( they were actually French windows :). ) but you are in the middle of a capital city.
I slept with the window open ( I prefer that to Aircon) and was not awoken but any street noise. ( just the thought of the presentation the following morning). ..
Breakfast had plenty of variety with a bias to continental. Croissant. Bread etc. bit there was scrambled egg and sausage available.
I am due back I'm Paris next week and disappointed that my client is to far away from this hotel.
Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Losocal,

I am so pleased to read that you really enjoyed your stay at the hotel and especially the relation you had with our front desk staff. Be sure that your comment has been told to them.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again at the hotel.
Best regards,
The Guest Relation Manager.
Reviewed 22 May 2014

It's been several years since my visit- seems from photos it has been updated recently. This hotel was in a great location and close to many restaurants, shops and area attractions many go to Paris to see.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest
thank you for your comment on your last stay at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees.
We are happy you stayed again with us during your last trip to Paris, thank you for your loyalty to our hotel.
Our property has been indeed fully refurbished & we got the 4 star classification 2 years ago. You should have noticed many improvements since your stay several years ago!
We will be more than glad to welcome you again in the future.
Guest Relations Manager