“Superb Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #144 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Boise, Idaho
“Superb Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Madison hotel certainly exceeded our expectations. We have stayed in Paris before and are used to tiny rooms but the Madison had huge spacious and really clean rooms and an even cleaner bathroom. Two showers one in the bathtub and a separate stand alone shower with the biggest rainhead shower. Separate loo, and beautiful sinks. Everything about this hotel exuded elegance. Breakfast was excellent very fresh and lots of choices, although if you would rather eat out there are plenty of cafés close by. The neighborhood is very safe and right in the middle of everything. Ralph Lauren has a lovely little wine bar just down the road.

Room Tip: Why won't it let me take the green dot off the fitness centre and kids fitness centre, I don'...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Rose,

What a beautiful comment ! All the team of the Madison Hotel joins me to thank you very much !

Do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit.
We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Kind regards
Caroline Demon - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Turkish first
herts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I booked to go to Paris over Christmas for 3 nights as a surprise for my wife. We were so happy with the rooms,they are amazing but by far the best thing about this hotel was the location. I can't emphasise enough hot good the location is. The staff spoke good English which was hard to come by in Paris especially by cab drivers(some of the rudest people we've ever met!)
As normal in hotels if you have anything from the minibar it is extremely expensive..I think it was 8 euros for a small water of something but if you need it then you have it! We had an amazing stay but we had major problems at the end. To cut the story short when we arrived in Paris we got a cab to the hotel from the station which cost us 16 euros. When it came to leaving the hotel offered to arrange a taxi for us. Before the cab driver had even pulled out of the hotel road the meter was showing 13 euros and when we asked the driver her said it would cost 30 to 40 euros!! Major arguments with hotel and driver as we asked him to take us back and we walked down the road and got a taxi for 16 euros so be warned if the hotel offers to book you a cab they must get something out of it because it is more expensive. Other than that it was an amazing trip and if I went to Paris again I would stay again and recommend to anyone.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Stuck 25,

That is so kind of you to help, the worldwide globetrotters who are seeking for the place to stay in Paris that fits them.

I hope your review will help them in their choice!

Thank you for the nice words you wrote.

We really appreciated it and we hope you will come back here next time you are visiting Paris even if Parisian Taxi drivers are bit rude :).

Best regards,
ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Having been to Paris many times and stayed at many hotels, our stay last week at the Madison
was so inviting that we are already planning a return. The renovation is bright cheerful and elegant. The staff extremely professional and helpful.Perfect location- all in all this was 5 star for us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Pemharbor,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our Boutique Hotel.

The team and I are truly thrilled that you enjoyed our location, the beautifully decoration and personalised service that our team strive to achieve on a daily basis.

Upon booking for your next stay with us at The Madison Hotel please do not hesitate to contact me, I would be delighted to meet you.

Yours sincerely,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was in Paris for a business meeting in the 1er, but I find the Left Bank more fun to stay in. I read what felt like hundred of reviews and decided on the Madison - I am so happy I did! The staff was really wonderful, and I felt that they were genuinely invested in making my stay the best possible. I mentioned that although I was there for work, my birthday fell during the 5-day trip - that day, there was a note and a present on my bed, as well as multiple members of the staff wishing me a happy birthday - how many hotels would do that?!? I stayed in a Privilege room (#76) with a majestic view of Saint-Germain-des-Pres (the blackout curtains ensured no noise at night), as well as a view to the left of the Eiffel Tower - I watched the light show each night! The location was great, as you were right in the heart of so many great shops and dining experiences and within walking distance of all that Paris has to offer.

Because I believe in a fair review, my only SLIGHT negatives included: I was right next to the elevator, and I could hear it arriving and departing; the wireless disconnected when a machine went to sleep - not a big deal, but because you had to put in name/country/state for US each time, it was a little annoying; I felt the bathroom had a smell when I arrived, but someone promptly came up to deal with it.

I will stay here the next time I am in Paris!

Room Tip: Boulevard-facing rooms have a great view. This is the Left Bank, so expect small rooms - I stayed in...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Aimella,

Thank you for such a lovely post. It is fantastic to hear that you had such a special and memorable time with us and that we contributed to make your stay a special one!

Our team here at the Madison Hotel is so pleased with your comments and support.

Thanks as well for your great pictures & tips to provide a better service !

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at the Madison Hotel for around 4 days. The location in the Latin Quarter is excellent, offering the traveller delightful walks in any direction, access to wonderful restaurants and bistros. The rooms are stylish and chic and the bath was stellar. Our first room was the smallest possible and looked out on the garbage. We quickly asked for an upgrade and got a fabulous room with two small balconies overlooking Rue St. Germaine and the historic Church San Germaine. The upgrade was not cheap, but well worth it. There were great beds, linens, closets, a seating area and lots of light. The staff was very helpful and responsive. I would be happy to stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank tmhmimi
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Tmhmimi,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review!

I am pleased that you appreciated the features of the property and it was great to hear the staff were also very helpful.

We look forward to seeing you again - just let us know when and we will make the reservation!

Warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed for 5 days in July in a superior room. It is decorated to a high standard.

Rooms were not large but adequate, modern, spotless and very unique. Though the hotel is on a main room it has excellent soundproofing and I didn't hear a thing. The blackout curtains are great too and just what is needed when you stumble in at 6am from Cafe Mabillion across the road.

Bathrooms are small but nicely decorated.

Staff very friendly, housekeeping do a great job.

I would stay here again the next time I am in Paris. It isn't cheap but you get what you pay for in Paris and after staying in cheaper options before this is a gem!

WARNING: If you have a balcony room at the front like us and you fancy going out in the night, make sure you're covered as the midges swarm around the lights and feast on you. I was covered in bites head to toe the first night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank foard83
Dear Foard83,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Madison Hotel.

The Team and I are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your experience with us.

Our location is simply perfect : within a walking distance from the best that Paris has too offer !

Have you planned your next trip to Paris yet? You're just round the corner....

Warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife found and stayed at the Madison Hotel last year, and she and I spent this last weekend there. It was a brilliant find, the hotel has recently been renovated to a very good standard, our room, though not large was very adequate, bright and spotless with a view of the church, room 53.

The staff were all extremely friendly, attentive and kind.

The location is fantastic for touring, also with so many bars and restaurants all within minutes walking.

Saint Germain is a great place to be and stay!

Look forward to our next visit soon!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor ! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Madison Hotel.

How wonderful that the hotel and the service were up to your expectations. Thank you for your enthusiasm towards the staff, I will certainly not fail to share your feed-back with them.

We truly hope to see you back soon. Until then, the entire team of the Madison Hotel joins me to wish you a very happy New Year 2014!

Kindest Regards,