“Very modern and clean, great location”

Madison Hotel by MH
Ranked #137 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 29 June 2014

It was our first time in Paris so I wasn't sure where to stay. I was very happy with our decision to stay on Blvd St. Germain. Loved that we could walk out the door and find great restaurants, great shopping and ease of getting around. I was a little disappointed when we checked in that my friend was given a much better room then me. When I asked for a larger room, like my friend's, I was told basically NO and that I would just have to deal with it. I am not used to that sort of treatment but I'm willing to chalk it up to a cultural difference. :-) Once I got over the room thing, I enjoyed the stay. The room was TINY but very clean. I was there to experience Paris not hang out in the room.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsEllie2014
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear MsEllie2014,

We are very pleased you chose the Madison Hotel for your first trip to Paris!!! We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are also very happy you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and that you could benefit from its situation to go for walks and try restaurants. We apologize for the attitude of the receptionist if you felt it was a bit rude. Please note that I take corrective actions.

We would be pleased to have you with us again!! Please contact us for any further reservations,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a well-appointed hotel just off the hustle and bustle of Blvd. St Germain. Staff was helpful and courteous. My shower was broken. Staff arranged for me to take one in another room. This was inconvenient and made me late for a meeting. I asked for compensation (this hotel is EXPENSIVE) but was offered only a glass of champagne. Not sure why they couldn't offer a nominal refund, oh well. If you want a nice, cozy place within walking distance to attractions, restaurants, 2 Metro stops and shopping, I believe you will like it here.

Room Tip: I might choose a NON-view room as St. Germain is a big and noisy boulevard. You can get great views...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Discerningguest99
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Discerningguest99,

We thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the Madison Hotel!! We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience we caused you for your meeting! And we still hope you’ll come back to our hotel, or one of our four other hotels in Paris. Our hotel is indeed very conveniently located, and in a very nice area!
We would love to see you again!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Madison hotel is a beautiful hotel in the center of Paris. It was a wonderful, central location that made it easy for us to tour to all of the sites. The concierge Alexandre is incredibly helpful and a pleasure to work with. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was beautiful and impeccably clean. The hotel was in the hear of St. Germain. We upgraded to a room with a sitting area and the window was on The Boulevard St. Germain. Even though our room was on the Boulevard and we were in the heart of the city it was very quiet. The hotel was also very quiet, we did not hear our neighbors at all. When returning to Paris I would absolutely stay at the Madison Hotel again.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor on the Boulevard and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear SBKelliher,

We are pleased and touched by your very nice comment about your stay at the Madison Hotel. We are glad we were able to make your stay pleasant and that you could enjoy Paris and all its spots. We also very much appreciate your positive feedback about the quality of the service. Our teams will be happy to hear such positive comments.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again at the Madison Hotel!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Odd layout in smallish room but a nice, modern, stylish hotel in a fabulous part of Paris. Staff very helpful and professional. Pricey. We paid $530 per night in June. We loved walk to the cool St. germain du pris neighborhood and the seine. Bed was too firm for my tastes, but husband found it fine.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear tammybarnettinsd,

We are happy to read your comment and we appreciate your took the time to share your experience at the Madison Hotel. We are sorry the beds turned out not to be at your taste! But it is a pleasure to read how you were satisfied with our teams and that you could enjoy walks in Saint-Germain-des-Prés and along the Seine.
We would be very happy to see you again!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have stayed at the Madison several times and it is always spot on perfect. I almost hate to tell anyone how great it is for fear of not getting a reservation next time! The location, the service, the rooms are just right. I love the personal attention and the intimacy of the this place. It's a lost art in hotels anywhere now.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear PBHAlabama,

Thank you so much for your very nice comment! It touches us very much! Do not be afraid to spread the word about the Madison Hotel, we will always have a room for you!!  It is so nice to read how pleased you are satisfied with all aspects of the hotel, the service, the rooms, the location of the hotel, the quality of the service! It is indeed a very intimate hotel, and we would love to have you back with us!
We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Madison late May. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was firm and the pillows and bedding were like new. The divider between theshower andsink wasprobably the smallest one I've ever seen. The whole bathroom gets wet when you shower, but they kept cleaning it upand bringing more towels. Although the hotel was a small boutique hotel, there was a good sized elevator and a separate service elevator so we waited long for a lift. The hotel is located very close to two metro stations which is a big plus in Paris as the weather doesn't alwayes cooperate. Overall I was quiet pleased and would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mbagb94

“great location, clean, and of course small” OK
Dear mbagb94,

We thank you very much for being so positive about the Madison Hotel !! Feedback is very important for us! It allows us to improve the aspects the customers do not find good enough! We are happy you seem satisfied with your stay even though the bathroom was a bit small for your taste! We thank you so much for recommending it! And it would be our pleasure to welcome you back! We are glad the rooms and their decoration pleased you!!
Please contact us for any further reservations,

See you soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great location right opposite the metro station. Excellent Excellent staff, Very efficient in what they do, extremely helpful and pleasant and fabulously friendly. The only feedback I have which may be slightly negative is that when 2 people take a shower straight after one another then the water gets slightly cooler and it would have been great to have the warm water for both of us when we showered as we did not have enough time to wait until the water warms up again after the first person took a shower, having said that, the water was not freezing cold only a bit cooler so overall we really really enjoyed our stay at Madison. The prices are on the higher end of the scale as expected because as far as St Germain is concerned the location couldn't be better.

• Stayed: June 2014
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear 5epideh,

What can I say ! I’m thrilled you found our staff to be so friendly and accommodating, and that you enjoyed everything !

Thanks for the grade and we look forward to your next visit,

My very best regards,