Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
US$220
US$142
US$138
Agoda.com
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Bar/Lounge
US$486
US$411
1,342 results
All reviewsmarriott pointsbulgari toiletriestuileries metro stopprestige roomrue de rivolituileries gardensteam roomperfect locationking bedhigh end shoppingturn down servicequiet streetrooms are smallfront desk staffan upgradeseparate showergreat shopping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance in Paris in Early May 2014. What a great place . The accommodation were perfect and the staff was so helpful in every way. The concierge team went above and beyond the call of duty. From helping us with restaurants, to securing our seats on our plane. (our flight cancelled, had to rebook). Great location and would return!!!

Room Tip: Corner room the best
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank boboitaly
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I agree with a previous review, we as platinum members do not feel valued. We had reserved early reservation, yet we were asked to return 3 times before our room was ready, late. Based on other reviews, we requested a upper floor and to be away from the street, but we found ourselves on the third floor facing the pub, and the noise was measurable. I had also mentioned in my reservation that it was our anniversary, however I guess they do not acknowledge that. Upgrades were were told were unavailable. And the "gift" was never received.

As a 5 star hotel, to have to ask for toilet paper twice...hmmmm.

Breakfast falls short. However the club sandwich is delicious. Champagne is 20€!!! For 1 glass!!!

The pool is nice for a refresh after a day out. And the location of the hotel is fabulous.

Mohammed the bell porter was fun to chat with and I always felt he was going the extra distance to help us enjoy our trip.

We also had a few good laughs and great recommendations from Otman at the Chinobar.

Sodas are 7 €.... Geez! So go to a shop, and buy your own, drinks and snacks. You'll thank me at checkout.

We tipped our maid each day. And porters as well.

I would recommend this hotel. But I would also give it 4 stars, it fall short of earning my 5 star review.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justachic222
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The overall experience is exceptional, due to its central locations. Just around the corner of the famous Clott shore and Saint-Honore within minute. The opera and vendome square are both within walking distance, which I think are the most elegant architectures in Paris. I saw Park-hyatt and Mandarin Oriental are both near with the hotel. Speaking of the property: the staff are extremely helpful, however the rooms are not really stands out for the 5-star. Bit of old and not very spacious. The breakfast were a little bit disappointed. Generally speaking, it was a pleasant stay. BTW: no lounge for this hotel

Room Tip: I was living in room 002, really good and has a little terrace
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Out of all the Marriotts I stayed on my trip I felt this one was the least desirable. First of all the rooms are very small for a couple and there was not much ammendities for a 5 star hotel. I would rate this hotel a 4 star, because it lacked complete spotless,no mold, in the showers. It didnt have an umbrella in our room nor were there enough umbrellas for all of their guests. Since you dont have a coffee maker in your room you can get free coffee and candy downstairs. I think this Rennaissance fell short of its reputation inthe United States. However, what is superb about this hotel was the pool and sauna. It made me feel like I was the Renaissance in Sonoma, California. If I were to choose between the 3 five star Marriotts I would without a question stay at the Ambassador in the Opera.

The staff here was pretty nice, but fell short to the super polite like Ritz professional etiquette at the Ambassador Marriott.

I did enjoy talking to Arnaud who was very professional and helpful with our stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ThePlumber2015
Delphine M, Resident Manager at Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I am sorry that the service you experienced was not to our usual high standards and that it did not feel like a 5 stars hotel for you.
I have reviewed the different points of your comments with all the managers, as our main concern is to improve our quality of service
I am very glad you loved our Spa and Swimming pool but of course really disappointed that you will not be staying again and I feel confident given the opportunity we would be able to restore your faith in the service we strive to deliver.
Best regards
Delphine

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel was in the ideal location to many tourist attractions. The beds were very comfortable with best the hotel linens I've slept in (quality does make the difference).
Booked the room with Marriott points & cash, however as a Platinum member felt not very valued. No welcome note from management, check in was a bit of a pain as I was asked to come back later twice, guess I was given an upgrade, 2nd floor room across the noisy pub into the wee hours.
Breakfast (although comp due to the Marriott status) was horrid the only saving grace in the restaurant were the friendly professional staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank advcardio
Delphine M, Resident Manager at Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Renaissance Paris Vendôme,

We really do appreciate the fact that you shared with us what pleased you the most at our property as well the points where we fell short in your expectations.

Concerning the issues you encountered, I am grateful that it was brought up to our attention.
Our goal is to learn from your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit

I hope this regrettable matter will not deter you from returning back to visit our hotel and that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Bien à vous,