“Great location, good service”

Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
Ranked #306 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel is well located, just a block from the Tuileries Garden and Place Vendome. Traffic is a little rough during the work day, so allow a few extra minutes but otherwise the location is great.

It is a small "boutique" hotel with a great staff. Rooms are quite nice but a bit small by US standards. Bathrooms, on the other hand, are oversized, at least in our room with separate doors for the shower, toilet, and a full bath.

There is a taxi rank just down the block so you can get one easily, or the hotel can call. Easy walk to many central Paris neighborhoods.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikel12323
Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location to visit Paris- one block from the Jardin des Tuileries! The hotel is elegantly decorated. Our rooms were lovely. We stayed in a jr suite - which easily help 3 people- on the top floor with glorious views of the parisian roof tops! The staff was kind and helpful. They made reservations for us, called taxis, and answered any and every question with enthusiasm. They all speak excellent English too! THe breakfasts were also wonderful with a broad selection of pastries, eggs, fruit, and even smoked salmon. There is also a rather large pool to visit in the spa. It is fun and relaxing break from the city :)

I would not stay anywhere else while in Paris!

one last thing: Bulgari soaps!!

Room Tip: Request an upper floor. The views of the roof tops are lovely! However, if you want to go to bed ea...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I were already in CDG airport when I realized that our passports were still in a desk drawer in the room where we stayed. I have never ever before neglected my/our passports in this manner, so you can imagine the panic I was in when I realized I didn't have them with me. We were flying to Casablanca to start our 2-week tour of Morocco. We had stayed in Paris for the weekend to break our journey. We flew in from the USA. I will not go into detail of how we eventually managed to be reconnected with our passports, but I just wanted to mention how helpful the staff of this hotel were. Gerome & Maud answered my panic calls and were very kind and sympathetic. I thought they handled my calls extremely well. They told me not to worry and assured me that we would get our passports back straight away (which we did). They had arranged for a trusted taxi driver to deliver the passports to us. It turns out that I left my sleepshirt in the room as well, so they had it delivered along with the passports.

Although the room we were in was small (almost no room for luggage) and felt a little claustrophic, I've given the hotel a 5 mark because of how the staff had handled our trouble. They were excellent and we are forever grateful to them as we had the most unforgettable holiday in Morocco.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our family stayed in a suite and enjoyed the hotel for a 5 day stay. The bathroom was large, the breakfasts were free to Marriott Gold members and were exceptional with a wide varitiety of tasty selections. The staff was most helpful with anything we needed including the very accomodating night staff. The hotel was so central we could walk to practically every site except Eiffel Tower. Nearby outdoor restaurant recommendations by the staff were fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is VERY busy and crowded, and the rooms are fairly small. However, this is all to be expected in an inner-city boutique hotel. The staff is very friendly and attentive, and the hotel could not be better located for sight-seeing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnK1954
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed just overnight to meet up with some family.
Then came back a week later on business for a 3 day stay.
The hotel is ideally located near the Louvre and around the corner from Place Vendome.
Most everyone who works there is supremely kind and friendly (though one gentleman who works the front desk seems like he'd rather be anywhere else but there).
Rooms are very pleasant and comfortable, but as with most hotels here the size of the standard room is shockingly small.
The bar is cozy and serves lovely cocktails.
Breakfast was a bit pricey and lackluster.
Restaurant recommendations were especially good.
Would stay again, though I think you get a better bang for your buck at the St James.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tom G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Renaissance Paris Vendome for a week on a girls' trip to Paris. I absolutely recommend this hotel - our stay was wonderful.

First, the concierge service was amazing. They helped us book nice dinners and one trip outside the city, all before we arrived in France. The concierge gave exemplary directions for walking and subway travel. Without their services, booking and getting around would have been notably more difficult.

The rooms were not huge, but they were comfortable. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and cozy. There was a substantial amount of storage space to unpack, plenty for two girls who brought half their wardrobes with them to Paris. The bathrooms were shockingly large for European bathrooms.

The location could not be better. The hotel is only a couple blocks away from the Louvre, across the street from the Jardin des Tuileries, very near all the shopping you could want, a few blocks from the opera district, and a short distance from two subway stations. All this is so close, yet the hotel is situated on a side-street, so there is not a noise problem at all!

Having stayed in many hotels, including Marriotts, across Europe, I must say this was certainly one of the best. I will absolutely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Delphine M, Resident manager at Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your nice feedback with us

I am pleased to read that you receive a great service from our Navigator, our Concierge team is always very pro active and do it best to provide the high level of service, which you should expect from a Marriott Hotel.

We are always sensitive and concerned by all comments to improve the quality of our standard of service. We, along with all the staff, continuously strive to improve our level of our customer service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Best regards