“Glad it was with points ”

Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
Ranked #298 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Glad it was with points ”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a junior suite with points. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. I wasn't sure if that was because of my status with Marriott or my anniversary as it was not acknowledged. Room was clean, but for a suite rather small. The real problem was the noise from the Irish bar across the street. We were on the sixth floor and heard the screaming until 2 in the morning. Avoid that side of hotel at all cost. If I had to pay full price for this hotel, I would not have stayed here as I am sure there are better options for the rates they charge. We still had to pay $540 for three nights for some type of supplemental charge even though we were using points (130,000 points). I would not return.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank JasonNazzaro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed for just one night on a business trip, but was very please with everything. Room was nicely out together and the location next to Place Vendome is excellent. Do note however that you will have to pay for wifi.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay, during Bastille, and had a wonderful experience. We normally stay in local boutique hotels when travelling abroad, but we used points for our stay. We opted to upgrade so that we could have a little more room, and were completely happy! Our room overlooked the street, but there was a triple glass on the small double doors/windows so it was very quiet. Plus, the drapes were thick/heavy blackout curtains that really made the room dark! Our room was cool enough for us (19C), and we like cold rooms, so that wasn't a problem. Our bathroom was large and modern, with a huge tub and Bulgari toiletries.
The location was perfect for us, because we wanted to be walking distance to the Tuileries Garden and the Louvre. We also walked to the L'Arc de Triomphe, Pont Neuf, and to dinner on the Left Bank near the Latin Quarter (and felt safe, but always be alert in any big city).
The staff was wonderful, friendly, and very accommodating, so not sure about previous negative reviews. The breakfast was sufficient with a selection of hot and cold items, eggs to order, French bread, croissants, salmon, cold meats, cereals, juice, and coffee...so again, not sure about previous negative review.
We would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: We had a street view room and it was nice and quiet.
1 Thank bb8787
Priscille M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure for the entire team to read you message! We thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are happy you have enjoyed your stay in Paris with us and will definitively be glad to welcome you back!

Warm Regards
Algiers, Algeria
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is very well located if you are looking for a typical "Parisien" atmosphere, the service is quite good and the staff is nice. Therefore, my experience was very short but I have some comments, I asked for an early check-in (around 2 pm) I was finally at the hotel at 2:45 pm and was able to go to my room at 3:30 pm (Check-in at 3), the rooms are fine and clean but I think that the hotel can give a little more, simple things can make the difference. Wi-Fi could be provided in the rooms instead of put it just in the Lobby because honestly, 7 euros/hour is just unbelievable in 2014. Also, French croissant or dry cookies next to the coffee machine will not cost that much to the hotel for people who are not taking breakfast. I know that these little fees are making the difference in your benefit but as we all know, the customer doesn't really care about this.
I hope this helps!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hamdi S
Pauline C, Assistant Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Hamdi S,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I have duly noted that your room was not ready at 3:00 PM, despite your early check-in request, and I do apologize for this inconvenience. Please be assured that I have notified our Housekeeping Manager to make sure this issue will not happen again.

I was very pleased to read your great feedback regarding our staff service and I shared your comment with my team.

Regarding the complimentary breakfast with French viennoiseries and coffee you mentioned, I have informed the Management Team about your suggestion and they did take it into consideration.

When it comes to the Internet connection, I am glad to inform you that we do offer a free wireless connection in the lobby.

We always strive to provide a perfect service, and we take your feedback very seriously. You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at offering you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and sincerely hope to serve you again very soon.

I surely remain available for any further information you might need.

I wish you a wonderful day ahead !

Warmest regards,
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Category 9 for this hotel is an exaggeration. If you want category 9 service wait for the Ritz to open a block away. From the lack of energy of the lobby staff to the mediocre breakfast this Renaissance disappointed. I completely understand the location is what drives this hotel to a category 9, but at least feign an attempt to appreciate your guests, especially Platinum guests. Upon arriving at the hotel no one from the doorman to the lobby staff, the concierge was absent, offered to take care of the bags. Not befitting a category 9 hotel, especially one in such a posh neighborhood. The bright spot to the entire hotel was the wonderful housekeeping. The housekeeper was exceptional. She was meticulous and strove to provide a pleasant stay. The breakfast was the low point of the stay. Without a club lounge, understandably due to the size of the property and the location, the restaurant for breakfast was overwhelmed and the staff was incapable of providing a pleasant meal. Due to the capacity of the restaurant being insufficient for the capacity of the hotel, the breakfast experience felt more like a cafeteria in a industrial plant rather than a enjoyable experience in a beautiful hotel. The food was acceptable except the piece of plastic lid that took up residence in my omelet. I am quite certain that the restaurant staff had no ill intentions, they were just haphazardly trying to satisfy quantity over quality. Which is acceptable in a motel on the side of the road, but an egregious error at the premier Marriott property in Paris. The location for this hotel is ideal, luckily the Ritz is opening soon, so my next visit doesn't feel like I wasted money.

4 Thank Bryan B
Pauline C, Assistant Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Bryan B,

As mentioned in my previous email sent earlier today, I am deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay in Paris. Please ensure, that I have informed our team to make sure this issue will not happen again in the future.

However, I sincerely thank you for your very kind feedback regarding our Housekeeping team. I was very pleased to share your very nice comments with them.

You are a valuable guest and our goal is to provide you with an exceptional service. We truly hope that we will soon have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Should you need anything else, please feel free to contact me anytime on my email address.

Warmest regards
Beltsville, Maryland
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here 4 nights in later July. It was very hot in Paris the first couple days of our stay and the room AC couldn't cool the room down sufficiently. It was set to the lowest, 19C or about 66F but I don't think it ever got below 78F. I don't think it was only our room as I heard another guest saying the AC wasn't working in the room when we checked in. And when we asked a maintenance person who came to our room for another issue why the lobby was cool and the room warm, he said the lobby has a big unit and the room a small one.

The room was very clean but housekeeping erratic. Would leave the dirty glasses (replacing 2 of the 4 glasses in the room) and an ice bucket with the melted water in it. And the tub/shower has the same issues I encounter in most European baths--high tub walls with no grab bar to use getting in and out and inconviently placed shelf for shampoo, etc. The shelf was low to the tub wall in the front corner, not handy for either a showerer or bather. I wish hotel management would stay in their rooms and see how things do or do not work.

We are loyal Marriott customers and generally have praise for our accomodations and service. The service here (aside from the erratic housekeeping) was very good. The bed was comfortable but the wifi was slower than in any of the other 3 (lower cost) places we stayed in the 2 weeks we were in France. We only check emails and the web, no video streaming or gaming. The on-site restaurant was very good and reasonably priced for this area of Paris (a very expensive area).

The AC is the prime reason that this property gets only a 3 star rating. For a room that cost over 400 Euros a night, I expect better.

3 Thank RuthMc
Cher RuthMc,

I am deeply sorry to read that our quality of service did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.

I understand, you had some issues with the air conditioning and the in room Internet connection. Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with our Engineering Manager to make sure these problems will not happen again.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the Housekeeping service and for the inconvenience you experienced. I have also notified the Housekeeping Manager about the several points you brought to our attention.

We always strive to provide our guests with the perfect service and your comments have caught all our attention.

I hope your recent experience has not altered the entire image of our service and will be delighted to welcome you again among us.

I wish you a nice day ahead.

Best regards,
Westfield, Indiana
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just returned from eight day stay and had a wonderful experience. We stayed here two years ago and did upgrade to a little larger room this time, because of the length of our stay. Every hotel employee we encountered was extremely friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was fine; plenty of prepared fruit, hot items, eggs made to order, if requested, and breads. Our room did face the Irish pub, and on two nights there was some noise, but we were so tired from the day in Paris that the noise did not prevent us from going to sleep. Room temps were fine, and the temps outside approached 90 degrees F. We spent the majority of our time in the 1e,2e,6e and 7e, so this location was perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Mont Tabor will be quietest.