“Great location and good little hotel”

Melia Vendome - Paris
Ranked #362 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We booked here on a very last minute whim (the day before) to hop on the Eurotunnel and spend New Years' Eve in Paris. I know Paris well so when it came up on laterooms we chose this one due to the great location (just off the Rue du Rivoli and next to the Place de la Concorde where the HUGE Christmas market was still on). We parked at the Vinci carpark underneath Place de la Concorde which wasn't cheap at 38 Euros for the night but it was close to the hotel and secure.

The room itself was pretty basic but had everything we needed considering we arrived back at the hotel at 2am and got up at 8. If we'd stayed for a few days it may have felt on the small side. The breakfast buffet was also pretty good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laberthon
MHI F, General Manager at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Beaglelover77

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay in this special occasion.

At Melia Vendome Hotel we are very proud of our special location, just in the heart of Paris, near Champs Elysees and next to the Concorde Square.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed too.
Our major goal is to satisfy our clients expectations, and we work very hard day by day in order to achieve it.

We hope to welcoming you back very soon with us.

Sincerely yours,

Cecile Costenoble

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here for 7 days in the middle of January and both would say we couldn't have made a better choice for somewhere to stay. Its in the heart of Paris with numerous spots like the Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysee, Louvre, La Marais and more all in easy walking distance. Add into that your a walk away from the prime shopping area of Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore. In and around the local area there loads of great restaurants and also a branch of Pierre Herme. The hotel itself is a small boutique hotel with its own unique charm with a warm, friendly and unstuffy atmosphere and another equally important component to the environment is the staff who were always courteous and helpful and all went out of there way to assist and help in any way. We've already marked down in our calendars when we will next be there and we will definitely stay at Melia Vendome Boutique Hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
MHI F, General Manager at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Jakra S,

We would like to express our gratefulness to you for taking time to write a comment about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are extremely pleased that thanks to our geographic location you could enjoy the varied charms of Paris, having many relevant historical, gastronomic, and fashion spots nearby.

Our greatest satisfaction is to know that the service we have provided meets your expectations. It makes us very proud that the staff has contributed in making your experience in the “City of Lights” a unique one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in Paris.

Best regards,

Cécile Costenoble

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Wonderful, hospitable hotel in the heart of Paris just steps from the Place de la Concorde. Terrific restaurants and shopping nearby. Wonderful staff is very helpful and welcoming. The perfect little place in Paris.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear lesleeann...

We would like to express our gratitude to you for taking your time to write a comment about Melia Vendome on Tripadvisor. Your opinion is very valuable to us.

We are extremely pleased that you had an excellent stay in our hotel. Our great geographic location, and the staff that works every day to offer the best service, are part of our best assets to make our clients feel at home during each stay in Paris.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Cécile Costenoble

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed for one night while in Paris on business. Ohhh the shops, the beautiful shops, including all the big names - and the sales started on the day I left!... But back to the hotel. It is an excellent location just yards from the Madeleine and the Tuilerie, Louvre etc in the other. It has a beautiful reception area with comfortable seating areas off. A very nice breakfast room with good service and a good choice. There is no restaurant for dinner but they offer room service and there are so many good little restaurants and cafes in the area that there is no reason to stop in. My room was probably one of the smallest in the hotel with a very small toilet room separate from the bathroom but there was a comfortable bed with nice crisp linen and a great bathroom. But it was too hot - I got little sleep. I called down to reception late in the evening and they sent someone up who said that there was no air conditioning in the winter and there was heating - but we couldn't tell where the heat was coming from. They suggested opening the window but that let in the fumes from the smokers in the street below and there was always the noise of the occasional bit of traffic. The good bit was that I was asked in the morning if I had had a good stay - something that so rarely happens these days. When I mentioned the heat in the room I received a very profuse apology and a request that they hoped it would not stop me from staying there again. I should be back in Paris in three months and hopefully my company will book the same hotel - but not to the sauna in room 405.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CamberleyNel
guestexperienceparis, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your remarks about your last stay in our hotel over TripAdvisor.

We are extremely sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused to you.

Be sure that we are always looking for ways to ensure that you do feel comfortable and at ease here.

For this reason, we would like to inform you there are many room categories in our hotel with different room sizes in order to offer you the choice and make sure the room reaches all your expectations. We would be delighted to welcome you again in the best terms.

We remain at your disposal.

Sincerely yours,
Guest Experience Department

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Originally I booked the Melia Royal Alma hotel. Upon arrival we were told there had been a problem with our booking, so we were being moved to the Melia Vendome. This was handled well, and albeit I am a bit of an organisations freak (yes I admit that myself!) it was okay. I ensured that the receptionist marked on my map where we were etc.
Upon arriving we were greeted with a lovely entrance hall, and smiling and friendly staff. We were given room 202, which was prefect. The bathroom was large and the bed was very comfortable. The room looked great and was exactly what you expect for a boutique Parisian hotel. People have said the rooms are small, but I thought it was the perfect size, we had a dressing table, large bed, little sofa and a big wardrobe. Would more could anybody need!?
We went out exploring and realised we were next to all the great attractions, and near to the posh shops-perfect! Me and my boyfriend found this hotel perfect for us.
The Effiel Tower was a 40 minute walk away- including a couple of photo stops! We didn't use the metro as we decided we wanted to walk everywhere, and also because we didn't really need to!
The taxi from the Nord Eurostar was 15 Euros, which you cant beat really. Fantastic hotel, that I would highly recommend to anybody- and I'm fussy!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EllieHoliday
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Would recommend this hotel for the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness and location of the hotel.

The hotel doesn't have a restaurant (apart from breakfast) but plenty of restaurants in the location.

Great stay

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel is situated in the city centre and is extremely convenient for walking to many nearby tourist attractions, and Eiffel Tower is within eyesight. I walked to Guimet Museum in 30 minutes along River Seine.

The room size is one of the things that I'm not 100% satisfied, as although the bathroom is huge, the single room itself is quite tiny but this is understandable in Paris. The bed and chairs are quite comfortable and I had a really good sleep. The receptionists are very helpful - when I found I forgot toothpaste and toothbrush, they found them in stock and gave me without charging anything which I'm quite impressed. Typical Melia efficiency.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo