“Okay....wouldn't stay here again.”
Review of Hotel Marena

Hotel Marena
Ranked #1,687 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Hermosa Beach, CA
“Okay....wouldn't stay here again.”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Clean, simple, but beds were very hard and uncomfortable. The television and power outlets did not work. Breakfast was satisfactory, in a bright and clean room. Neighborhood was fair. Only a 15 minute walk to Sacre Coeur and 5 minute walk to metro station (Anvers stop).

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with functional power outlets and t.v.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenlaw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 9 July 2011

As many have stated in earlier reviews, the receptionist/owner is not a people-person, he's very rude, and you feel like you're bothering him with your presence. He's always in the phone, and just throws the key to you without looking at you, hoping you will not disturbe him further.

We had booked 2 double-rooms, one of them were not cleaned out when we got it, we had to complain two times, and had to take photo's as "prove" and show to the receptionis before anything happened. No excuses were offered.

Very small rooms, no air-condition, a disadvantage in Paris in July!

Location is OK, about 5-10 minutes walk to Cadet Metro and Gare de Nord(train)

This hotel does not deserve 3 stars.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Annalanna

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Reviewed 12 June 2011

The hotel was perfect for me and my boyfriend. The room was small, but clean. Beds were nice and the bathroom had a bathtub which was lovely after a long day of walking around Paris. Staff was friendly. Location was absolutly perfect! We almost had the Sacre Coeur in our backyard, figuratifly speaking. Metrostations nearby, so within 10 minutes we were in the hart of Paris... I don't understand all the negative responses about this hotel. It's no Hilton, but you don't need a Hilton when you're in Paris, because you're gonna be out and about in the fantastic streets of Paris anyway... I think this is a perfect hotel for that!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Cityhopper83
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 June 2011

The hotel owner is super nice guy. He knew what was happened to me that he helps me to stay at this hotel. Looked at the preview before, its pretty horrible that the staffs just get into the room without notice at 1am or the breakfast held in dark and awful basement! THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!!! Very bright and clean room! Breakfast is just too simple but held in 2nd floor! Especially High speed wifi gave me a great hand! I think the price is alright, not cheap to be honest.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I stayed in Hotel Marena with my 12 year-old daughter and my husband and we had a nice stay in Paris. Overall in our opnion it is a very good hotel. The staff were very welcoming on our arrival and were continuously friendly throughout our stay.

The rooms were Okay, but they were defenitly stylish. The bathroom was cleaned and well designed.

Breakfast was continental, but we weren't very fussy for the price we paid for.

For us the best part of the hotel was that in was located in the centre so it was very easy to acces the highstreet. Near the area of the hotel were many resturantes and bars where we would go and have a stroll every evening.

Bottom line i can't complain with what we were provided with and for the price we paid for it was very reasonable. We hope the information helped. Have a nice stay in Paris !

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Cityowl
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I stayed here on my 2nd trip to Paris.
Great location – near Opera – but the most horrible rooms.
Bathroom’s door – broken; shower - dirty or look like it; the smallest TV ever; very old sheets…
It is just to old and totally unacceptable.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FfNunes
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Dear travelers,
I decided to join my friends going to Paris, so I made a reservation in hotel Marena on 22. January through the hotel's internet homepage http://www.hotelmarena.com/. The stay was planned for 4 days. As usually required - I submitted my credit card details to pay for the stay. Due to changes in travel plans some weeks before the trip I had to cancel the reservation, which turned out to be impossible, and even more impossible to get the money returned (they collected the amount of 284 Eur for the whole stay on 26.January, although the reservation policy says:Payment is due upon departure!!!).
The hotel did not answer any of 6 e-mails, where I asked to cancel the reservation. I contacted them through all e-mail addresses provided in hotels contact details an on the reservation confirmation. Although I received automatic responses that e-mail has been received, and although they did answer my questions before cancellation.
Three and a half months have passed since the Marena illegally "borrowed" money from me and still has not returned it! Moreover - they ignore requests from credit card company and Consumer Protection Center. I don't know what a short-term business practice they apply, but as this was my first trip to France - I feel very dissapointed...
I will never deal with this hotel again. However, if You decide to do so, don't make reservations through their home page, and be careful with credit cards.
Good luck!