“GREAT value”

Ranked #1,018 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Omaha, Nebraska
“GREAT value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed there last wek for four nights: excellent value, friendly staff, super breakfast and wonderful location near Gare St. Lazare- four Metro lines converge there. Rooms are small, but that's standard in Europe, at least in reasonably priced hotels. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 148frank
OPMParis, Gérant at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your very good comments.
I hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Paris,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

The entrance to the hotel is disappointing. The disappointment grew bigger, when I discovered that the elevator was out of order and the receptionist offered me a room on the sixth floor. I managed to get a room on the second floor but in a lower category than the one I had booked. While the reception area is modern and nicely decorated, the room I got (216) was exactly the opposite. Really tiny, visibly worn out and not inviting at all. It’s really difficult to move around in the room. The space between the bed and the window is barely 40 cm wide (see picture). The bathroom seemed to be recently renovated, but was also very narrow (see picture). To make things worse, the room was not made on the second day of my stay, although I left at 7:00 am and came back at 8:00 pm! The sound insulation is absolutely insufficient, but luckily enough the other clients were not extremely noisy. To mention a couple of positive things: The reception staff is very polite and helpful; I appreciated the rapidity of reimbursing the difference in the room category prices. They also offered a free breakfast to compensate for not making the room, but I didn’t have time to accept. The WiFi connection is excellent and absolutely free. And the bed linen was perfectly clean. But this is not enough to make a nice stay. Despite the closeness of the hotel to the St. Lazare railroad station, which motivated my choice, I will opt for a different hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Konstantin F
OPMParis, Directeur général at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Sir,

I want to thank you for sharing your experience and I am truly sorry it was not up to your expectations.

Unfortunately, we have indeed had some problems with the elevator.

As you mentioned, we have just completed the refurbishment of the reception hall and home of all the breakfast area. Regarding the room 216, it is one of the few remaining older rooms and will be renovated in the coming months.

Indeed, we have different categories and the more spacious are the Superior ones. Unfortunatly, you did not enjoy it because of the elevator.

I present to you our most sincere apologies again and hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Porto, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Hotel well located in front of the Gare Saint-Lazare. The lobby was under renovation during my stay. The rooms in my opinion would be more attractive with a modernization, including the bathrooms. However the bed is comfortable. The breakfast is good, varied.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
OPMParis, Directeur général at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Timhotel Opera Madeleine.

I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel because we put all our energy to make our guests' stay as pleasant as possible.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the renovation of the lobby and breakfast room. Everything is finished now and of course I would be happy to welcome you again so you can see the result.

Best regards,
Tallinn, Estonia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

Good location and room quality exactly what you pay for. Service quality, however, happened to be just beyond belief in a bad sense. We kindly asked for a toilet brush and a bath plug not once but twice simply because these were missing in our room. We were completely shocked by the response of the receptionist who was utterly incapable of serving people (a receptionist working on the shift between 22-23 March), an arrogant reply of "i'm not doing housekeeping here". Whatever the reason was, our request remained completely neglected. I understand it's not a 5* hotel, but at least hotel essentials should be there and people do expect a decent service. I would not be writing these lines as bitterly as I have done had I only received a kind smile and a simple apology from a receptionist. That little makes all the difference between walking out of the hotel with either sympathy or sharp bitterness.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pilgrim107
OPMParis, Directeur général at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you four yours comments even if is not really pleasant to read.

Although it is a little late, please accept my most sincere apologies for the behavior of the receptionist whitch was definitly inappropriate for the situation. For hygiene reasons that can be discussed, we prefer not to put the toilet brush in our bathrooms. Only our maids have it at their disposal to clean the rooms daily.

Regarding cap bath, it is indeed essential.

You had the courtesy to give us a rating of 3 out of 5. I suppose that the rest of your stay was rather better.

Please accept again my apologies and I hope to welcomes you again in our hotel to show you that this is not our usual way to accommodate our customers.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

This hotel is pretty simple and standard, but I think with the location it is a pretty good deal for Paris. We were able to walk to many places and there were good places to eat nearby. Definitely good for shopping. The rooms are small, but the beds and pillows were very comfortable and the bathroom was fine. For some reason it reminded me a little of some of the nicer hostels I've stayed in. The reception was pretty informal and again it was pretty basic. I did like the tea and coffee kettle in the room and there were stools and a little desk. Wifi was somewhat unreliable, but it was free.

Room Tip: We had an interior room on the top floor, found it to be very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments.

It is please to see thank you enjoy your stay in Paris.

Hoping to welcomes you again.

USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Where do I start?
- Construction in front of the hotel and inside - constant noise everywhere
- Elevator at the bottom of the stairs (ground floor) - very, very difficult if you have big suitcases
- No parking (ok, I understand it's Paris)...the hotel staff have no idea about where one may find parking and don't seem interested in helping either
- Terrible wifi - kept dropping all the time
- Tiny rooms, even tinier bathrooms
- Dirty carpet
- Staff not helpful at all...there was a person with a baby who requested help getting down the stairs while checking out, the receptionist actually rolled his eyes and another guest helped instead
- Housekeeping came in without knocking on the door!
- The whole experience was horrible, I would definitely not recommend this hotel
- The only positive thing I can think of - location is great, close to metro and lots of restaurants within walking distance

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank S S
OPMParis, Gérant at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments on your experience.

I am deeply sorry that you did note enjoy your stay in January. Please accept my sincere apologies about the decoration of the reception during few weeks at the beginning of the year and for the poor information’s you had concerning the parking’s around the hotel.

As you sow, we did our best to minimize the troubles by moving the reception into another area witch was just refurbished. Concerning the street, unfortunately, we can't do many things. For the since of the room, we have different category and the largest one are the Superior rooms. (I don't know what you had)

Now, we have a brand new reception, a brand new street almost finished and we also change our WIFI system.

Sorry again and I am still hoping to welcomes you again to see the changes,

Guillaume Banchet
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

We choose this hotel based on its location. For those who would like to try free & easy tour or just spend a shopping weekend in Paris city where you don't wanna break your wallet, you may consider this hotel. I find good location is quite important, especially for those who don't speak french like me. It save my trouble for asking direction for food, leisure etc.

For food, there are plenty of restaurants & cafe (ranging expensive fine dine to fast food economic take away type) just along the street. (you don't even have to walk across the road). I had tried one of the restaurants, named Mollard (115, rue Saint-Lazare) where the food was quite ok. (total bill Euro 164 for 2 pax with lobster thermidor, half dozen of oyster, onion soup, pan fried scallop with red wine... not bad for my dinner ya).

For shopping, major shopping malls like Galeries Lafayette, Printemps are just within walking distance. I don't understand why so many people like to queue to buy luxury products at Galeries Lafayette (some even behave like crazy) whereby you can just get almost the same things in Printemps. The tax refund rate is the same! For me, i took taxi (costed me Euro7-10) from this hotel to Louis Vuitton shop at Champs Elysees (101, Av Des Champs Elysees) that give me much more pleasant shopping experience. (anyway we are paying nearly thousand for each bag, why make yourself like fighting for cheap goodie at flea market..)

For hotel room, you get what you pay. Hotel entrance is at floor 0 whereas the reception counter is at level 1. No complaint for the superior room. My friends took standard room which was a bit too small according to her comment. But we both decided not to upgrade hotel but save the $ to buy our LV, Gucci & Mont Blanc...ha..ha..ha.. Oh yes, the hotel need Euro10 as deposit for hair dryer and there are coffee making facility in the room. There have very friendly housekeeping lady who helped me vacuum my bag for free.

For transport, taxi stand is just opposite the hotel. We took taxi to Eiffel Tower, Louvre etc which didn't really cost much. On our check out day, we took taxi from hotel to Eurostar station (Gare Du Nord) to London, costed me Euro8.70 taxi fare only. Once arrived the station entrance, we gonna use elevator went up to another floor to check in and scan our tickets. If you are also taking Eurostar, there are plenty of food & drink available at the station before and after the UK checkpoint, so it is not necessary to take away food from cafe nearby the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank FairyMantra
OPMParis, Gérant at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I only want to thank you for your comments.
Since you left the hotel, we now had hairdryers in all the rooms with new mirors.

Waiting to welcomes you again

Best regards,