“nice and good value for money”
Review of Aston Hotel Paris

Aston Hotel Paris
Ranked #1,498 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The location is great.
The rooms are not new but clean. Would not recommend them for people looking for a specious hotel or people looking for a luxurious hotel. it is very compatible for a city vacation.
The stuff was helpful - we had an issue with our rooms and changed rooms after 2 nights.

Room Tip: the rooms are small, not to feel cramped choose the delux rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I wet to Paris for a university admission interview and spent two nights at Aston Hotel. The room, albeit small, was clean, comfortable and quiet, all very important for the interview preparation. Staff spoke fluently English and was very helpful. The building could use some refurbishment, but considering the price level, the quality was OK. Only major downside was that W-lan did not function for the whole weekend for unknown reasons.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I can totally understand the mixed reviews. Depending on your lifestyle and travel style this might be a great place or a horrible place. Here's why, as I see it:
PROS:
- Location: Cafes, restaurants and the Louve (about 15 minutes at a good pace) were within walking distance. I actually walked to the Eiffel Tower (only for those with a love of walking as it was well over an hour) and then took the boat taxi back to the Louve and then walked back to hotel. I also walked with luggage from Gare du Nord train station to hotel, about 15 minutes. Hotel will give you a street map...and no matter what they tell you, it is NOT a straight line to the Louve! I got so lost many times but people were surprisingly helpful and kind to this English speaking gal.
- The hotel itself is at the very end of a 'U' shaped cul de sac that hosts a number of other hotels. Look for a large sign on the main street directing you to the 'Hotels du Cite Bergere' and go through the gate. hotel is straight ahead.
- Bed was comfy and we had a balcony with beautiful French doors (no pun intended) that opened to the alleyway.
- Front desk and cleaning staff were very friendly, helpful and approachable.
- Internet worked flawlessly and there is an in-room safe.
- There is a small grocery store across the street with shockingly cheap wine, at least by Canadian rates. Hotel Aston had a wine opener for me to borrow.
-Subway and bus transit is one minute away.

CONS:
- Bathroom was a little gross. It seemed clean, but the sink was so broken it looked like it would fall to the floor and there was black mildew on the shower wall and an open duct in the shower ceiling. I had visions of someone watching me!
- No real parking, but I don't suggest driving in Paris anyway.
- Walls are very thin and you will hear your neighbours. I literally listened to a woman practice what sounded like a speech on labour and agriculture. I am glad that was all we had to listen to, if you know what I mean!
- Rooms were small and it was hard with two people to find space for placing luggage but there was a closet and we managed.
- There was a very European elevator which I was not used to. I dubbed it the "refrigervator" because it felt like stepping into a refrigerator, size-wise. Hubby had to go up alone with our two suitcases because that was all there was room for. Staircase is winding, steep and narrow.

I absolutely would stay there again. We got a very good deal through Expedia. If you are in your room long enough to complain and find fault then you are not spending enough time out in the incredible city of Paris! (As a side note I did an AWESOME 4 hour walking tour with Sanedeman's New Europe Tours and it was FREE, tip payment only.)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JDD109
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We have stayed in the aston hotel for few days while visitng our friends in paris.
Hotel is very nice, cosy and comfort.
We have upgraded our room so we got a new one. Nothing to complain.

Breakfast is ok, got alot variety of cheese but since we don't like it- we didnt get well.

Will reccomend it

Room Tip: Cosy, clean, center
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend and I think I would return there. It's extremely centric (in 2 minutes you can reach the "grand boulevard" metro station, that links up every part of Paris) and clean. I must admit that the room is small, expecially for the "italian stardard" rooms, but it's not important in my opinion, since, when you travel, you just need a place to rest. It is rather noisy too, but, as I said, i don't think it is extremely important. Most of all, it is quite cheap (respect to the other hotels in the centre of Paris) and the staff is very friendly and helpful (expecially the blond receptionist, she has been very willing). So, I would recommend it to every traveller! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two an half weeks in a superior room
First of all I must say the location of the hotel is great. close to the grand boulevard metro station as well 10 min' by foot to the opera and the big stores.
Besides that the rooms are completely renovated and have shower rooms with heated water all day long even early in the morning.
The WiFi is sufficient for viewing your mails and facebook but not for watching youtube videos.
The Breakfast is also good with omelettes cheese croissants juices and more.
All and all it was great there and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I know this Hotel from other trips which I thought was good. But for my lrecent stay it was horrible!
They gave me a Hotel room which was outside of the Hotel (not in the hotel himself), it was extremly cold, noicy. I have been several times to the reception, asking for an other room or a solution. I have got no help, very bad service and the responsable reception person which had the night shift hasn't forward my request and inquireies to the day shift person, so I had to explain everything to the beginning! No refund no discount after such a horrible night!

For my part:
Actually a nice Hotel if you have a good room.
Very incompetent service
and absolutely no customer friendliness

Never again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Manuela L
Yossi M, Owner at Aston Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the aston hotel.
We are appologize if you didnt get the best expérience you expected from us.

Your room (10) is a double superior room which was created only one year ago, a new room which expects the highest dtadards.
This room measure 1
Around 18 square meters and a totaly new bathroom. This room include highly new AC system and electric heater which fit the required interior temperature.

This room is facing the reception , in a private passage in the same building.
To remind that the hotel aston is located in a private street securized by cameras for your safety.

I am appologize if you have got the impression the the reception staff didnt take into acoount your demand, we do have only 3 superior rooms in the hotel.

Best regards,