“our stay at the all seasons”

Hotel HOR Les Lumieres
Ranked #1,070 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Scalloway
“our stay at the all seasons”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

in the main I find the Accor hotels very good.the Voltaire was very good apart from two points, one not so big, the other fairly big.the not so big is the noise the coffee and presse machines make in the breakfast room, the second the room we were given overlooked an all night music venue, hence little or no sleep. when I asked if we could change our room, initially there was no problem, but then we were assured it was only noisy on the Friday night, which turned out to be true, but if the problem was known, why that room in the first place. however, all in all,a very satisfactory stay

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ian S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I searched the tripadvisor site for some comments about this hotel before i booked it. Eventually i can confirm that i experienced exactly what i was expecting. A clean safe budget hotel with great design large and comfortable bed. The included breakfast, which is rare to find in Paris hotels, was very good. The location was the best we could find. The Republic metro station is one of the biggest in Paris. There are 5 lines crossing it. You can go almost everywhere in Paris without changing line. The Republic square is full of Restaurants shops and cafe. The size of the room is quite small. The elevator is also small. This is an old renovated building. I would defenetlly suggest this hotel to any couple that want to explore Paris!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NikosPlts
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I was pretty impressed with the deal I got at this hotel. I got a good rate over the internet and it served my purposes perfectly. Paris is an immensely expensive city, you really don't get a lot for your money and if you are expecting luxury, you need to fork out for it. For a reasonable price, you will get a clean room, yes it's small, but I hardly spent any time in mine. You get breakfast which would cost 7 or 8 Euro if you were going to sit in somewhere, also breakfast runs from 6-10 and til 10.30 on weekends so you don't have to wake up ridiculously early in order to claim your breakfast, something I hate in other hotels. You are extremely close to the metro which will take you wherever you need to go and you're also not in the super touristy and therefore super expensive area.

I really liked the area around the hotel, full of vibrant bars and restaurants which I wish I'd been able to spend more time in. Rue Oberkampf nearby is also extremely good for nightlife. I know other people have said it's a dodgy area; I think there's no way to write this without sounding patronising, but as someone who lives in London, another big, vibrant city, this area felt very safe and friendly. There is also a supermarket nearby, which is helpful for picking up water et.c. to fox those traders who sell water for 3.50 euro by the major tourist sites.

I agree noise from the street below is an issue, it's not the most peaceful part of the world, and if you can't abide noise maybe it's not the best choice. I slept well, but I was utterly exhausted from days touristing in Paris.

All the staff are friendly and helpful, but special mention goes to Miriam who was really lovely and helped me out loads.

If you don't have a lot to spend, this is a great option.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Dawn W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2011

The room is very small and I was bumping into my girlfriend all the time. The bed is comfortable but the noisy from the streets won't let you sleep unless you bring your ears plugs. We stayed in the 4th floor even we requested so many times with calls and e-mails to have a room in the 6th top floor, closer to the sky and a bit away from the streets. (Taking the advice from other travellers). The wall in the toilet needs a good cleaning whre you could see hair sticking out, also the cleaning ladies were always on rush. The breakfast was Ok but in a room without windows, better value would be to have it outside in the next door, also sad was the food runout on sunday morning and the waiter had to run in the next door to buy the baguettes. I also think she needs someone to help, the tables were dirty and food missing on the spot. The fresh orange juice where you create your own juice was a nice treat but only one kind of cheese in a country with so many varieties was a missing point. It's a very nice area to stay, the tube is only 5 min walking taking you to everywhere. But the question is, when the hotels around will take action against the noisy from late night bars and restaurants?

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GuilhermeLuz

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

London
Reviewed 5 May 2011

For a budget hotel, it was reasonable. We didn't know what to expect exactly.
While our experience was generally pleasant, there were a couple of minor issues; we found out from our tour group that they left an important message for us which was never passed on. Also, despite advertising breakfast until a certain time, if you showed up to eat in the last 45 minutes, you were stuck with leftovers. In terms of cleanliness we had hardly any problem, although the basin in our en suite did not look particularly clean upon arrival.
That being said, there were good points too. The staff were friendly, the room was lovely and bright, with nice simple decor. The public computer/internet was very welcome, as we had no personal devices with us in order to utilise the free wi-fi. The TV was a nice addition, and we also greatly appreciated that there was no curfew and that there was 24 hour reception.
All-in-all, it was a nice place to stay on a budget without losing our privacy.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple