“nice small renovated hotel!”
Review of Hotel Corona Opera

Hotel Corona Opera
Ranked #343 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 September 2013

nice renovated hotel, just two metro stops to main LFY shopping areas! Even you could have an easy walk from Opera with a big luggage for around 15mins from the Rossy bus Opera station.

Ppl. said small lift but it's quite normal in Paris small hotels. Nothing to be surprised about.

There is a famous restaurant just opposite to the street exit but you have to wait for around half hour.

one very bright & light restaurant on the left of the main exit is NOT recommended. Cheating ppl.. the quality is not good.

This area on Metro Grand Bouvolard is always our first hotel choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dorachai1

Reviewed 16 August 2013

the entrance is in the back of the narrow dead-end street, but it is safe enough there. It looks cute like a little French petite hotel. The location is convenient enough to go sight-seeing. There are enough cafes and restaurants around the hotel. No city view from the room. The staff were nice. A little small breakfast area, but there is one table in a small museum/bookstore type of space which made me feel cozy. At breakfast, they served camambert cheese. that was good. The room is cute and clean but small(no problem, though). They had free WiFi which was good. One issue is that the elevator is so small, and they have only one. So, either you have to wait for a long time or use the spiral staircase that goes around the elevator shaft. It did not really bother me much, though. I felt the history of the building.

Room Tip: Better to stay in the room at lower levels so that you can use stairs when you don't want to wai...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 8KellyCo8
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The family and I (2 adults, 2 kids) were having an overnight stop in Paris as we travelled through France so I was having a having a good search for a hotel with a family room that would take all 4 of us plus, if possible, somewhere to park the car....quite a big ask in the centre of Paris without spending a ridiculous amount of money. I came across the Hotel Corona and it met my requirements, however, it was quite cheap (in comparison) so I was a little concerned as to what I would actually get for my money.
On arrival day, I put the address into my GPS and the street wouldn't come up; after a bit of googling I found it was on a side street that wasn't listed....of course I was now even more worried about where I was sleeping for the night!
How wrong I could be! it was in a quiet little side street / courtyard amongst other hotels; the hotel has 4 parking spaces in front all with barriers to stop anyone else parking; I popped in to ask the guy if there was a parking spot available for me, luckily there was so that was a great start, a space right outside the front door. The reception looked inviting as we checked in, we were given a family room (411) so off we went up the small elevator. We were more than pleasantly surprised with the room, it had been refurbished to a great standard, it had a modern bathroom and toilet, it was very spacious (2 rooms interlocking), clean and well decorated with nice bed linen too. It was clear that we had struck lucky on this occasion so we were all happy.
I obviously didn't go into any other rooms but after speaking with the guy at reception, he told me that all the rooms had been refurbished over the last couple of years and the hotel was now complete.
I wouldn't bother looking any further than the Hotel Corona in future, whether I'm on my own or with the family, we had an excellent stay and I would thoroughly recommend it.
It is very central in Paris, 15 mins walk to Le Louvre, 35 to the Eifel Tower with lots of shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as it was €16 each and there's plenty of small bakery shops within minutes walk.
A great little hotel and we'll certainly be back next time we're in Paris.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JerrardDrivers
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Lift is so small, prams don't fit in it. Breakfast in room refused with no explanation despite being offered on the room literature. Gangs of youths outside at night and some noise/crime experienced. Room lovely, nice decor and clean. Close to restaurants and nightlife. About 20 mins walk from louvre.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is a lovely little compact hotel located in a great location but away from the hustle and bustle of the city as it is at the end of a tiny quiet road. The reception staff were extremely helpful in all aspects and our room was beautifully decorated and exceptionally clean and we really appreciated the air conditioning. If you're coming from Gare du Nord take bus no.39 and get off at 'Grands Boulevards' and it is just a couple of minutes walk from there rather than the Metro which requires 1 change.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel and looking into the courtyard so not a great view but didn't r...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was a little worried about this hotel - I had read some really bad reviews, and some good ones too, and wasn't sure what to expect. however, it more than loved up to my expectations!

First, when I reached, the cabbie (who, by the way, fleeced me totally - took 100 euros for a distance I found out later should not have been more than 20 even for a private cab - I transferred in from Gare du Nord) dropped us a good 200 m away - on the main road, and wouldn't turn into the alley where the hotel was.

The alley itself was a shocker - I mean I live in Delhi, where auto parts are stolen in some areas in the time it takes you to shop - but even here I have never seen cars that needed to be chained to their spots the way they were in this alley! Plus, coming from London, this alley (calling it a lane would be gross exaggeration) was rather dirty. Still way cleaner than an Indian street, but after London, it looked like a downtown area. The metro station (Grand Boulevard) though was right where the cabbie dropped us - 200 m away!

Now this alley only has hotels, so that was a little reassuring. Corona Opera is right at the end of the alley. (It helped that Paris had daylight till 10 pm, and we never really stayed out later than that). But you enter the hotel - and whoosh! The scene changes to a rather pleasant one.
Thankfully again, we were given the ground floor room, although there was a lift, but I reckon only one person and one bag would fit in at one time - it was so tiny. I say thankfully because I was travelling with my senior parents and a foot just-out-of-the-cast.

We reached at 1315 hrs, and the room wasn't ready (standard check-in times across Europe are 2 pm) so we waited in the rather pleasant lobby. It still wasn't done by 2, so we headed out to the nearby Starbucks for lunch. We returned by 3, and it was done.

Our room turned out to be the most luxurious room of the entire trip (which covered Lon-Par-Switzerland). It was a suite - so I could draw a curtain and separate the sleeping areas - I took the single foldaway bed by the window and table/wardrobe. The bath was huuuuuge, though it became slightly messy what with no shower curtains. It was even equipped with a heated towel drying rack (not ashamed to admit - in spite of having stayed in many many 5 star plus hotels in India, this was a first for me). We had more than enough towels, shower gels and soaps.

The room was equipped with 2 TV sets, tea/coffee maker. I had a pre-booked minivan drop us to the airport - this service has multiple pick up points, so be careful to factor in the extra 15 minutes or so if you take this. Wifi access was complimentary and rather decent.

The hotel was conveniently located on the subway as well - the main attractions of Eiffel Tower, Louvre etc took one train change and about 30 mins to reach.

The breakfast was good - flavoured yoghurt, eggs, fruits, a large selection of teas - a decent breakfast even for vegetarians, and some meats which I cannot comment about cause I have no idea about them :))

The hotel is situated in close vicinity - practically within, a thriving marketplace. I was able to pick up souveniers on an evening within an hour itself.

The reception staff were rather kind and helpful, the kitchen and housekeeping staff were however not very fluent in English, and we did have the slightest trouble asking for boiled eggs. But all the staff were warm and polite - rather contrary to the general impression of Parisians.

In all, a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Esoterika
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Good renovated rooms, clean and nice atmosphere. Great locations for transport and most tourist attractions. Overall, it earns its three stars. We found a cute little Italian restaurant in an alley nearby.
The breakfast is not great, they could definitely improve on that.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple