“Excellent location, friendly staff, great base for exploring Paris”
Review of Hotel Cordelia

Hotel Cordelia
Ranked #708 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent location, friendly staff, great base for exploring Paris”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Myself & my Fiancé stayed at hotel Cordelia for 1 night during our short trip to Paris.

Having read previous reviews about the hotel, I had emailed them in advance and requested one of the newly renovated rooms if possible. I got a very nice email back from the hotel staff saying that they would do their best.

We got the Roissy bus from the airport to Opera and the hotel was a 5 minute walk. So convenient!

When we arrived at the hotel, we were too early for check-in but the staff took our bags & stored them & gave us a map of the city & they were really friendly & welcoming. The hotel was really quaint & well kept.

When we returned to check in & got the lift to the 6th floor, we had been given a beautiful newly renovated room. It was decent size too by Paris standards. It was immaculately clean with a lovely clean bathroom with fabulous shower.

The hotel is close enough to walk to the Champs Elyesees & all the main tourist sights or if you prefer there is a metro station beside the hotel. It is right beside Primtemps & Galleries Layfaette.

The next morning when I washed my hair I could not find a hairdryer in the room to dry my hair & when I phoned down to reception I was told it was at the reception. The girl on reception apologised & explained to me that there would be hairdryers in the room soon as the renovations are not complete yet. That is a very small complaint though!!!!

I look forward to going back to Paris & staying in this hotel. It is a perfect base for exploring the city & offers really good value for money in my opinion & lovely staff.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Ker M
Hotel C, Responsable réception at Hotel Cordelia, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Ker,
After reading your message, we just want to come and to stay there! So, thank you for your lovely message and we are pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us.
We will be very happy to welcoming you again and we hope that when we will come back, the renovation will be finished!
The Cordélia Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This was our second stay - see my earlier review of Aug 25, 2007. Most of what I said then still holds. Our experience this time does not match the recent negative reviews aside from my comments below re air conditioning.

Why do major refurbishments that required the air conditioning to be switched off during a Paris summer? Surely this is best left until later in year when weather is cooler. The hotel apparently did pre advise guests that this was happening but because of the vagaries of email, I did not see ours until after our stay.

We arrived late afternoon on a very hot day and were put in a small double room which, without air-conditioning, was way too hot. When I checked our emailed booking confirmation I realised that we ought to have a king sized bed. I returned to reception and the young lady on duty was most understanding and managed to put us in a larger corner room with plenty of windows. The bed would probably be referred to as queen size in many countries but that was fine by us.

Fortunately the temperatures dropped to a more comfortable level for the remainder of our stay and by keeping the curtains drawn when we were out and windows open when we were in we managed to stay comfortable.

One of the male receptionists came across as being a little abrupt but none the less was helpful and efficient. All other staff were most courteous, friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was again excellent.

As I mentioned in my earlier review and in the heading of this one, the location is perfect if you are keen on walking. On this stay we walked as far as Rodin's garden and back.

Apart from the air conditioning we had no complaints and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank davnz
Hotel C, Responsable réception at Hotel Cordelia, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Davnz,
Thank you for your nice comment even if the circumstances of your stay was specific regarding the renovation. We hope to see you again as soon as the refurbishment of the rooms are finished.
Contact us directly to ask about availability and the new rooms!
And thank you again for your fidelity at Hotel Cordélia.
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had a very nice stay in the hotel. The room was fine, bathroom too.The location is really perfect: close to 2 metrostations, near to Galerie Lafayette, Place de la madeleine.
the only thing which was very annoying was the noise coming from outside! due to no aircondition in the room because of the refubishment of the rooms, we had to leave the window open a bit. and ofcourse that gives noise.
Because of that the small breakfast area downstairs was very hot. As soon as the refurbishment is done, the aircon will be switched on again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Joleen,
Thank you for your nice comment even if the circumstances of your stay was particular regarding the renovation. We hope to see you again as soon as the refurbishment of the rooms are finished.
Contact us directly to ask about availability and the new rooms!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My friend and I booked Hotel Cordelia at the last minute as our other hotel had been cancelled (long story) and it just shows that everything really does happen for a reason. Hotel Cordelia gave us the perfect base from which to explore Paris and was walking distance to most places we wanted to go - The Louvre, Rue Cambon, Rue St Honore and the station was so close and took us from and to Gare du Nord for the Eurostar in 5 minutes.

Staff were very friendly and helpful - can't fault this hotel at all and would recommend to anyone going to Paris!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel C, Responsable réception at Hotel Cordelia, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Amy,
Thank you for your lovely message. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hotel and you found our staff at your convenience.
We will be pleased to see you again. Don’t hesitate to contact us directly by email and to ask about the renovated room! The 5th and the 6th floor are now open!
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was the second trip to Paris staying at the Cordelia. It is located in a wonderful location, easy access to the subway, the Seine, shopping, etc. It is a small hotel, but a wonderful hotel with typical "French" feel. I came back because I enjoyed the ambiance of the place.
The staff are very kind, helpful. Rooms are small, but very clean, bathrooms are a good size with a great shower. I'd recommend to my friends to stay here. I will again on my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind message. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied about our hotel Cordélia and our staff. We like to welcome people from all over the world and it will be a real pleasure to welcome you again.
About the renovation, the 5th and the 6th floor are now open! Come and try the new room by contacting us by email.
Regards,
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here on 1st October. Decor is tired - there was a large hole in the bathroom door where the main bedroom door hit it. I asked for an ironing board and iron to iron a shirt and was given a tiny ironing board with 12 inch legs which I had to prop on the desk to use. The legs then did not work and so I had to hold the board up and iron at the same time with it regularly collapsing. The iron was also missing a cover for the water hole and the sprayer and steam buttons did not work. I ordered room service and was told it would take up to an hour. After an hour and a quarter it had not arrived so I asked and was then informed that there had been a computer error and it had not been ordered so gave up and went to bar across the road.

The Air Conditioning did not work so had to have window open - very noisy with bar across the road. When I finally closed it, it wasn't much better in terms of noise and I could hear all the ablutions of the person in the next door bathroom! When I came to pay I paid €237 even though the advertised room rate on the desk was €215. The receptionist could only flounder in explanation for the difference.

The receptionist himself was friendly and helpful but struggling with the problems. This hotel was way overpriced for what it offers. I stay in Paris every month and this was poor even by Paris standards.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Nick O
The Cordelia team is pleased to inform you the refurbishment of all our rooms between the 1st of July 2013 and the end of March 2014.
The Hotel Cordelia remain open and we do everyhting we can during this time to make your stay pleasant.

Everything has been thought for your comfort:
The surface area is maintained, 12m², and all rooms will have king size bed, restored decoration, modern bathroom, minibar, safe, free WIFI, hairdryer, courtesy tray and a system of air-conditioning reversible.

Our unlimited American buffet breakfast is served in our arched stone cellar and is made up of:

Fresh orange juice, grapefruit or apple juice,
Coffee, Mariage Frères tea or Monbana hot chocolate.

Various Lenôtre breads and croissants, Kelloggs cereals, mini pancakes, cooked meats, sausages, cheese, plain or fruit yoghurt, compote, dried fruit, eggs, plain omelette on demand, fresh fruit salad, butter, jam, honey, maple syrup , nutella.(*)
*non-exhaustive list

The 5th and the 6th floor are now open! We will be glad to see you again. Don’t hesitate to contact us directly by email and to ask about the best price for you!
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Having a terrible staying over here! Thank god I'm leaving tomorrow. Stayed in paris for two days. Extremely rude receptionist. No air condition in the room and we wernt able to sleep at night because of so much noise coming from outside and we had to keep the window open too because of hot weather and no AC! In the morning when we complained to the receptionist, she was soooo rude and said ok if u have to leave then you can leave but you wil be charged for whole two nights! She wasn't listening to what we were saying and was very rude and my husband and I were shocked to see such kind of behaviour. They did not even provide us any compensatory fan as well and we have come to know about fans after reading all these reviews today so now wil ask them to provide us tonight! Overall a terrible experience and wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Paris is an amazing city but we are sad that we made a wrong choice of this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Mkashn
Hotel C, Responsable réception at Hotel Cordelia, responded to this review, 23 October 2013

Everything has been thought for your comfort:

Fresh orange juice, grapefruit or apple juice,
Coffee, Mariage Frères tea or Monbana hot chocolate.

*non-exhaustive list